What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

ya maybe ur rite but something is better than nothing

I m lucky all of u that i will see these birds live in Sargodhian Skies.
These birds will pass over my home when they will fly.

It can be done like that. The concept is not too unlike what has been done by PAF and other airforces. In the PAF, F-16s and Mirages have provided laser designation for LGBs that are carried by F-7s. So its quite possible to do so with the UAVs. However ideally you would want the targeting, designating and strike capabilities all on the same UAV.
Indeed, sir. If I may add, with your permission, it is not entirely difficult to attach a laser-designator pod to the under-belly of any aircraft/helicopter, manned or unmanned. The multi-sensor turret I am working on right now has this capability. What will be more of a challenge is building a UAV capable of safely and accurately delivering laser guided munition to targets at significant distances.

I foresee us acquiring this capability, at least in limited form, within the next 3 years. Whether it be on our current UAV systems (Falco, for example) or an entirely new one (procured American/Chinese systems) is speculative. What's more, night-strike capability can also be integrated into these systems (which will be more expensive, of course).

It can be done like that. The concept is not too unlike what has been done by PAF and other airforces. In the PAF, F-16s and Mirages have provided laser designation for LGBs that are carried by F-7s. So its quite possible to do so with the UAVs. However ideally you would want the targeting, designating and strike capabilities all on the same UAV.

Is ATLIS II used on both F-16s and Mirages? I would guess only the ROSE upgraded models are able to use it since they have modern avionics with MIL-STD-1553 databuses.

CAS's address
I can't believe he did it! he called them out on their duality! He told them the whole episode of how the Americans broke our trust last time around, something never done before by any of our politicians. Damn, son. Now don't you just wish that our politicians could speak like this? Instead of wagging their tails, if they actually called an ace and ace, and spoke on equal terms, it would be so much better. CAS Qamar, here, proved that you don't have to be rude to stand up for yourself. From now on, Mr. Haqqani should always stand back smiling and let the ACM speak. Last time a Pakistani forces officer was this blunt and straight forward, the Indians made a big deal of the "confession by Gen. Musharraf of illegal transfer of weapons to the Indian border". I bet this time around, this "confession" won't even hit the airwaves in the States.

ACM Rao Suleman Qamar has surely earned my respect now.

Last edited:
Is ATLIS II used on both F-16s and Mirages? I would guess only the ROSE upgraded models are able to use it since they have modern avionics with MIL-STD-1553 databuses.

ATLIS is on the F-16s. Rose Mirages have the DART FLIR and integrated designation capability.

0:26 clearly shows the AGM-65 Maverick. Another clear view at 1:18.

i stand corrected. Thanks for the correction.
So glad to know that F-16 armament package is getting stronger and stronger.
-JDAM
-AGM-65D
-AGM-154
-AMRAAM
-AIM-9
-GBU bombs
-AGM-88E ??

Let me get this straight why won't these new blk 52's be stationed with the old one's? i heard they won't be or can't be why is that?

-Straight Forward
-To the Point
-Truthful & Honest
-Daring
& Let me say
-Shockingly Pleasant (For Pak audiences at least)

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

-BS ACM.
-Puppet
-No leader ship
-Liar
He did not give any credit to former ACM who worked his butt off to convince the congress, the deal was signed during his tenure.

sorry bro no offense to you. :pakistan:

Let me get this straight why won't these new blk 52's be stationed with the old one's? i heard they won't be or can't be why is that?
our F-16s can be stationed any where any time. Shahbaz will be their permanent air base as it will feature a lot of new infrastructures not to mention the new under ground hangers. We can not leave a blind spot in southern air command where their is no high tech MRCA like block 52+.

AGM-65G
Maverick G is the follow-on Maverick D but the shaped-charge warhead has been replaced with a blast fragmentation warhead. The IR guidance system has been modified for optimized larger targets tracking.

Back
Top Bottom