What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

but the targeting pod is quite diffent from sniper.:blink:
it is sniper pod.
64ba98ffa9206e23a6fc309cf43cbac3.jpg

No mention of payments!
Or do you want all manufacturers of the world to build one squarden each for you in hope of potential order!
One winner and many loosers....wow..
You always make flawed planning... you dictated in KL bill and now US is looking for cleaning up your mess.

Now, lets discuss some F-16 blk-52

Bro the Indian Govt has already got the money for its initial purchases. It has tons of money leftover as it has failed to use budgetary funding in successive years earmarked for defence acquisitions. It will never pay $10 billion in one go. No-one does, except wht Bhutto did in the 1970's for the F16's which Pak regretted till date. There there is a year in between the order and delivery of the first squadron. I'm sure these countries have the capability to manufacture 18 aircraft a year. However you are right, the timeline is only indicative and may deviate by 6 months-1 year.

Now lets get back to the thread topic... LOL :cheers:

Bro the Indian Govt has already got the money for its initial purchases. It has tons of money leftover as it has failed to use budgetary funding in successive years earmarked for defence acquisitions. It will never pay $10 billion in one go. No-one does, except wht Bhutto did in the 1970's for the F16's which Pak regretted till date. There there is a year in between the order and delivery of the first squadron. I'm sure these countries have the capability to manufacture 18 aircraft a year. However you are right, the timeline is only indicative and may deviate by 6 months-1 year.

Now lets get back to the thread topic... LOL :cheers:

yeah sure..plz no more indo-pak afairs.:no:

and do any one know wat ACM said in the ceromony.is paf willing to get 18 more?

Thanks for your reply Batman. Bro nowhere in my post have I taken the MRCA into account of my numbers. Infact I've said forget it for the moment. As for a firm date, unfortunately its not in my hand. However I can best illustrate the timeline as follows:

Aug-Dec '09: Initial trials (Bangalore) (3 contenders have finished and Rafale is undergoing trials currently)
Dec-Feb '09: High Altitude Trials (Leh/Kashmir)
Apr-May '09: High Temperature Heat Trials (Rajasthan)
Jun-Oct '09: Live firing and weapons/avionics trials (in respective countries alongwith IAF pilots)
Nov-Apr '09: Recommendation of the IAF and final decision of the defence ministry, CCS, CAG)

May '09: Order and simultaneous beginning of indigenous production
May '10 : Arrival of first squadron in flyaway condition (part of the deal)

Hope this clears the air. As your deals are clearing step by step so will this. A $10 billion order is not a joke. No offence but unlike the PAF, the IAF has to conduct multiple trials as there are more than one contender.

Hope you agree with me. :cheers:

thts good ,info but again... really ,you impresssed me!
my best wishes to you & too , IAF!
but sory...i think they are making A $10 billion order a joke is not . ?
even itsnt it!;)

JDAM is there, i read that JSOW is part of weapons for Block 52
Sniper is Compatible with JSOW

read under Targeting and Weapon Systems
Advanced F-16 Block 50/52/60

Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod

The combat-proven Sniper Pod is the U.S. Air Force's advanced targeting pod (ATP) of record. The Sniper ATP provides critical long-range, positive identification of targets and possesses a video down link (VDL) equipped with the widely used Rover ground receiver to relay high resolution streaming video to forward-deployed forces for NT-ISR and rapid target coordination. Its advanced target identification capabilities enhance the Warfighter’s ability to detect and analyze ground targets while dramatically decreasing the risks posed by enemy air defenses.

The Sniper ATP also provides essential non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance using high-resolution, mid-wave FLIR and TV sensors, which operate in conjunction with a dual-mode laser, permitting eye-safe operation and precise geo-location in urban environments.

For target coordination, the Sniper pod possesses a laser spot tracker to acquire other laser spots from air and ground assets, an infrared marker visible to night vision goggles and a VDL to ground forces. Sniper ATP provides real-time targeting for J-series weapons and its state-of-the-art tracker enables employment of advanced laser-guided weapons against moving targets. The Sniper ATP is the only targeting pod fielded that incorporates meta-data in every frame of video. The date/time stamp and coordinate information further ensure accuracy throughout intelligence and command and control functions.

A precision targeting system in a single, lightweight pod, Sniper ATP is designed for current and future aircraft. Sniper ATP is currently flying on the U.S. Air Force and multinational F-16, F-15, B-1, F-18, Harrier, A-10, B-52 and Tornado aircraft. Its common software and hardware interface design enables users to “plug and play” across services and multiple platforms, providing a common software and hardware configuration across aircraft fleets for greater interoperability.
Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod | Lockheed Martin

nope.
starting from wingtips.
1 AIm-9
2 Amraam
3 ****** (its not maverick)
4 fuel tank

A wager perhaps? ;)

Its a Maverick. The angle of the shot is not revealing the profile of the missile. The wings extend all the way to the back of the ATGM and then depending on the model, there are either smaller tail fins or none. However see here to get a better perspective:
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/030819-F-8888X-001.jpg

or this:
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/agm-65d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom