Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

nope.
starting from wingtips.
1 AIm-9
2 Amraam
3 ****** (its not maverick)
4 fuel tank

nope sir
go and search at google,different types of AGM-65.
it is AGM-65d,which is fitted with new bird.
1adae5fb1768c94eb7f59329744e2343.jpg

its also shown over here

regards

Bro I'm neither trolling nor flaming. If you do see I'm basing my points to the best of my knowledge. Maybe that does make me senseless.

As reg the JF17, you are right that the first squadron was supposed to have been inducted by 2009. However the reality is that the number of aircraft right now is only 8, with 2 months left for the year to end. I think the program is running a little behind schedule, which by itself is not that big a deal. It happens.

As for the F16's, the first batch of 4 are undergoing upgradation. This is what wiki says "28 F-16A and 12 F-16B (Block 15) ordered in 1981 under "Peace Gate I", delivered from 1983 to 1987. A further 14 F-16A/B allotted to Pakistan post-2001, 4 delivered in 2005, 8 delivered in 2008, 2 undergoing MLU (Mid Life Update) in the U.S. for delivery in late 2011. All F-16A/B to be upgraded to F-16AM/BM with MLU (Mid Life Update) avionics and structural modifications starting from October 2010, 1 per month, 9 attritional losses; 3 in late 1980s, 5 in early 1990s, 1 in 2009."

List of aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So please figure out when the program will end.

Please check the J10 thread and then tell me. The first aircraft will only come in by 2014-15. And don't make any fanboy comments like "no one dare to challenge us"

Just as PAF has upgraded its Mirages and F7's, the IAF has also upgraded the its aircraft to MIG 27 UPG, Jaguar DARIN III and Mig 21 Bison standards. And if the IAF doesn't intend to use them for war, they certainly aren't going to use them for acrobatics.

Forget Bharat Rakshak, even I accept that we were defeated in 1965. I don't think you meant to write 1971... everyone knows what happened then. I have always said in my previous posts that the PAF has been qualitatively superior historically. The deal is that its 2009.

Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please read this and my other posts. Never have I said that the PAF is inefficient or senseless or anything. I'm genuinely concerned for its future, the same which has been voiced by many senior members here. The PAF is doing its best given its Geo-political and budgetary constraints and results will show in the future. I give the Pakistan Armed Forces the same respect any person guarding its motherland would deserve.

I try to use the information available to me through this forum and elsewhere to put forward my points.

However if u still feel differently, please feel free to disagree :cheers:

I appreciate this post of yours, coz to me, it looks quite realistic and balanced.

Cool, next time make sure those armed MKI's dont go unhurt from your territory and someone doesnot pass by at mach 2 speed over your skies.:rofl:

The funny part is funny man that nothing has ever passed my our skies unhurt eather by or armed forces nor our public add that this laugh to your collection funny man.:tdown:

yup emo ur right but PAF didnt purchased JSOW b/c of its cost.
JDAM is much similar to JSOW.if u hav doubt u can ask any senior member.i think paf will use H2 n H4 with it.

JSOW is a stand-off weapon similar to our Ra'ad and other standoff munitions. JDAM is a dumb bomb made intelligent by introducing Sat. guidance kits on it. To deliver JDAMs you still have to fly fairly close over to the target area. With JSOW you could release the weapon from 60-70 km away without exposing your aircraft to threats from the ground.

Also for those saying we do not have JSOW..here is a tidbit from the past. Hint: Search Dawn:

Pakistan Acquires AGM-154 BVR Missiles From US
March 16th, 2006:The US has provided Pakistan Air Force (PAF) with AGM-154 'Beyond Visual Range (BVR)' stand-off missiles, ostensibly to target terrorist hideouts. While state-run news agency said Pakistan has attained another landmark in modern missile technology by producing a joint standoff weapon system capable of hitting "over-the-horizon" targets with accuracy, AGM-154 system was provided by US ahead of President George W Bush's visit to the country. According to the daily, the announcement of Pakistan acquiring the BVR missile system came at the Corps Commanders meeting presided over President Pervez Musharraf on Tuesday.

The system uses technologies called 'Integrated Global Positioning System' and Inner-shell (they meant "inertial" nav system :-) Management System Navigation and could engage targets 70 km away. This apparently is the first BVR missiles the PAF has acquired that could be fired from a distance without coming into visual contact with the enemy. It could be fired from fighter jets fitted with sensors. As part of equipping Pakistan with military hardware to fight terrorists, US has granted approval to sell latest models of F-16s and supplied a fleet of helicopters, transport and sea surveillance planes.
Quote:
95th Corps Commanders Conference Review

March 14th, 2006: The senior commanders were told here Tuesday that Pakistan was now equipped with Beyond Visual Range standoff weapon system that can fight terrorists as well as insurgents in the country. The AGM 154 system has been provided by USA under its anti-terror package which includes many systems including BVR standoff weapon. Raytheon of USA has developed this system for the Air Force and the Navy. The AGM-154A (formerly Advanced Interdiction Weapon System) is intended to provide a low cost, highly lethal glide weapon with a standoff capability. JSOW family of kinematically efficient, air-to-surface glide weapons, in the 1,000-lb class, provides standoff capabilities from 15 nautical miles (low altitude launch) to 40 nautical miles (high altitude launch). The JSOW will be used against a variety of land and sea targets and will operate from ranges outside enemy point defences. The JSOW is a launch and leave weapon that employs a tightly coupled Global Positioning System (GPS)/Inertial Navigation System (INS), and is capable of day/night and adverse weather operations. The JSOW uses inertial and global positioning system for midcourse navigation and imaging infra-red and datalink for terminal homing. Commanders were told that the milestone achievement will take care of Pakistan’s internal and external security concerns. This weapon system will also put at rest concerns expressed by some commanders lately over the breach of Pakistan’s sovereignty by Allied Forces with a particular reference to Bajour incident. Bajour killings had attracted severe criticism from people of Pakistan, political parties and even from within the armed forces. With the induction of new system Pakistan Army combating terrorism will be able to hit targets without coming into direct contact with well dug terrorists.

The induction of the standoff weapon system has also lent comfort to those commanders who are fighting insurgents in Balochistan and terrorists in Wana and tribal areas. The new system will also serve as a shot in the arm for the ruling alliance who is braving opposition rallies in the name of protest against blasphemous cartoons. Commanders reposing complete confidence into the leadership of President General Pervez Musharraf and his policies firmly declared that blasphemous cartoons are matter of grave concern to every Pakistani but nobody will be allowed to draw political advantage out of it. They agreed that such elements will be dealt with an iron hand. And nobody will be allowed to disturb law and order situation in the country.

JSOW is a stand-off weapon similar to our Ra'ad and other standoff munitions. JDAM is a dumb bomb made intelligent by introducing Sat. guidance kits on it. To deliver JDAMs you still have to fly fairly close over to the target area. With JSOW you could release the weapon from 60-70 km away without exposing your aircraft to threats from the ground.

Also for those saying we do not have JSOW..here is a tidbit from the past. Hint: Search Dawn:

i think its a great day today,every thing is going in favour of PAF:pakistan:

Can we get these kind of things for JF-17 or PAF drones.

Its very important for close ground support.

I m thinking how it will be fitted on PAF Drones :blink: :D
or IF we had an Armed Falco, One UAV for carrying Sniper & other UAV for Missiles :lol:

I m thinking how it will be fitted on PAF Drones :blink: :D
or IF we had an Armed Falco, One UAV for carrying Sniper & other UAV for Missiles :lol:

It can be done like that. The concept is not too unlike what has been done by PAF and other airforces. In the PAF, F-16s and Mirages have provided laser designation for LGBs that are carried by F-7s. So its quite possible to do so with the UAVs. However ideally you would want the targeting, designating and strike capabilities all on the same UAV.

Back
Top Bottom