What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1011709_406126902840337_1659893443_n.jpg

:pakistan:I'm unable to understand this reality, that Pakistan, being friendly to America, is yet unable to maintain F-16s. How could Turkey get maintenance licences of F-16 , and Pakistan not; when Americans own all "F" series fighters, and so called friendly with Pakistan, then Turkey.

So when PAF is getting back there remaining 14 F-16s from USA and how much time will it take for the upgrade of these F-16s?? 1 years or less?

So there will be 59 Block-15s + 18 Block-52s. And is there any possibility that by 2020 PAF will going to sell there Block-52s to Greece or any other country and add J-31/F-20 which might be a JV with SAC as it sounds like it.

Read what you have written mate. Does it make any sense to you?

Why would Pakistan sell f-16s that it so desperately needs and got after a long time?

J-31 is NOT Equal to F-20.

It's FC 20 which is JF-17, and J-31 is a Chinese stealth/low detecability aircraft that is just in infancy.

With Current funds, PAF plans are to Induct 150 JF-17s, Get all the F-16s to MLU standard and maybe press the USA to release the remaining 14 aircraft.

That's it.

Maybe J-10 in the next year or two.

:pakistan:I'm unable to understand this reality, that Pakistan, being friendly to America, is yet unable to maintain F-16s. How could Turkey get maintenance licences of F-16 , and Pakistan not; when Americans own all "F" series fighters, and so called friendly with Pakistan, then Turkey.

Welcome to PDF.

Turkey is member of NATO which means they can get whatever they want, provided they have funds. Pakistan on the other hand is not a NATO member which makes purchasing new offensive defense equipment from the USA a difficult task.

And then there is the Funding issue.

With Current funds, PAF plans are to Induct 150 JF-17s, Get all the F-16s to MLU standard and maybe press the USA to release the remaining 14 aircraft.

Do you or anyone else know how many -16's have been MLU'd already? I thought the program would end before 2014 and it's like 5 months left before 2014 is here....

Do you or anyone else know how many -16's have been MLU'd already? I thought the program would end before 2014 and it's like 5 months left before 2014 is here....

There were multiple delays in the program due to various diplomatic standoffs.

In the meantime, he said PAF has also been maintaining and operating a sizeable fleet of US F-16 aircraft for a considerable time and its air/ground crew are fairly experienced in handling the weapon system.

“The PAF received its last batch of F-16s in the recent past and even now there are US Congressional clearances available for the provision of additional F-16 aircraft. Owing to requirements/compulsions in the future, there exists a possibility of acquisition of additional F-16 aircraft, he said.

In the meantime, he said PAF has also been maintaining and operating a sizeable fleet of US F-16 aircraft for a considerable time and its air/ground crew are fairly experienced in handling the weapon system.

“The PAF received its last batch of F-16s in the recent past and even now there are US Congressional clearances available for the provision of additional F-16 aircraft. Owing to requirements/compulsions in the future, there exists a possibility of acquisition of additional F-16 aircraft, he said.

who said ??

There were multiple delays in the program due to various diplomatic standoffs.

What diplomatic standoffs?

I thought all the MLU kits were delivered and TAI was tasked to upgrade the PAF f-16s for this very reason: That USA cannot affect their upgrade so it be done in a neutral country.

What diplomatic standoffs?

I thought all the MLU kits were delivered and TAI was tasked to upgrade the PAF f-16s for this very reason: That USA cannot affect their upgrade so it be done in a neutral country.

Nope, these kits came in batches. I believe there was even news posted here somewhere before on pakistan asking for the release of these kits after May 2.

Nope, these kits came in batches. I believe there was even news posted here somewhere before on pakistan asking for the release of these kits after May 2.

Oh Damn those pesky Americans. I believe this is why PAF is requesting 1.5 billion $ for J-10, as quoted by H Khan of pakdef.

Back
Top Bottom