What's new

Pakistan buys Chinese subs to counter India 'threats'

Your SSN's are not even remotely comparable to the USN or any other country that operates SSN's i.e. less technologically advanced and they are very worried about these submarines. P8I's have their work cut out for them.

How do you know Indian SSNs are 'not even remotely comparable to other navies' & are 'less technologically advanced':omghaha:.No specifications of them are available,and we only know that they are under development.Only Indigenous SSBN is now under trials,and even then,its a secret project.

Do you have any idea of P 8i/Tu 142 India operate/planning to buy?

Your SSN's are not even remotely comparable to the USN or any other country that operates SSN's i.e. less technologically advanced and they are very worried about these submarines. P8I's have their work cut out for them.

Pakistan only need to do enough. However the surface fleet is dire and relying on subs alone puts immense pressure on Pakistani sub crews.

Maybe you should look at such events.

tp://China sub stalked U.S. fleet - Washington Times

How do you know that?How can you reach sucha conclusion since you dont even a see patrol boat of Indian Navy?

In actual fact diesel electric submarines are the biggest danger to nuclear submarines and are far quiter. The USN has invested massively in counter measures against such subs but even then are very worried.

Diesel-Electric Submarines, the U.S. Navy’s Latest Annoyance

Personally the navy should just wait till the economy improves and then mix it up with the 214's and Chinese subs.

A nuclear submarine can stay underwater silently for indefinite time.AIP need interval after 3 months .And a Navy with satellite capability can easily figure out the location.Rest you can imagine.
And can I ask you a question?If China offer Pakistan two submarines one is nuclear and quite advanced and other is diesel electric for same money.What will your choice?Nuclear or diesel

How do you know Indian SSNs are 'not even remotely comparable to other navies' & are 'less technologically advanced':omghaha:.No specifications of them are available,and we only know that they are under development.Only Indigenous SSBN is now under trials,and even then,its a secret project.

Do you have any idea of P 8i/Tu 142 India operate/planning to buy?

Because it is obvious as daylight. Unless you are trying to say that your subs are comparable to the US Virgina Class, UK Astute or Trafalgar class, French Rubis, Russian Charlie class etc. These nations have the best part of 40 years developing such technologically advanced vessels and suddenly India on it's first try, with significant assistance from Russia is going to make something comparable.

Delusional is not even the word to describe this.

How do you know that?How can you reach sucha conclusion since you dont even a see patrol boat of Indian Navy?

Read my post above.

Last edited:
A nuclear submarine can stay underwater silently for indefinite time.AIP need interval after 3 months .And a Navy with satellite capability can easily figure out the location.Rest you can imagine.
And can I ask you a question?If China offer Pakistan two submarines one is nuclear and quite advanced and other is diesel electric for same money.What will your choice?Nuclear or diesel

1) it can't stay underwater indefinitely. You do know that once food/supplies run out it needs to come up. Then technical difficulties etc. ask your navy the problems they have with ssbns
2) navy with satellite capability can figure out locations? 1st I've heard of that. If this is the case then why the hell are all Navies in the world investing in subs if they can easily be located. Satellites can't see below the water.
3) nuclear or diesel for the same price doesn't mean you buy nuclear. Why? Your doctrine dictates what you purchase.

It's around 3 weeks to 60 days depending on the model. Yes a nuclear submarine can stay underwater for an indefinite time, provided you don't need other supplies...The issue of acoustic signature is key in not being detected, and that's where the diesel sub has a huge edge. As for "easily" working out the location of a submarine that has to surface is far fetched considering how much water you have to cover. Disturbances in the water surface, weather, a multitude of civilian shipping all confuse this.

It's around 3 weeks to 60 days depending on the model. Yes a nuclear submarine can stay underwater for an indefinite time, provided you don't need other supplies...The issue of acoustic signature is key in not being detected, and that's where the diesel sub has a huge edge. As for "easily" working out the location of a submarine that has to surface is far fetched considering how much water you have to cover. Disturbances in the water surface, weather, a multitude of civilian shipping all confuse this.

I ask you a question.what is your opinion about that?
When a country launch a satellite they already foresee such obstacles in ocean and also ensured necessary techs in it.
About supplies .you know how a military works in providing foods to its sailors specially in submarines.

1) it can't stay underwater indefinitely. You do know that once food/supplies run out it needs to come up. Then technical difficulties etc. ask your navy the problems they have with ssbns
2) navy with satellite capability can figure out locations? 1st I've heard of that. If this is the case then why the hell are all Navies in the world investing in subs if they can easily be located. Satellites can't see below the water.
3) nuclear or diesel for the same price doesn't mean you buy nuclear. Why? Your doctrine dictates what you purchase.

Recent news articles shows PN interest in nuclear submarines.So I dont know about your doctrine.
Think again.What will happen when submarines resurfaced ?that is a real trouble case.

I ask you a question.what is your opinion about that?
When a country launch a satellite they already foresee such obstacles in ocean and also ensured necessary techs in it.
About supplies .you know how a military works in providing foods to its sailors specially in submarines.

You can "foresee" them but searching and identification are a great deal harder and time consuming. I posted the US incident earlier on and they have the best surveillance capabilities amongst anyone. Supplies are limited and indefinite periods are not possible. But anyhow, Pakistan doesn't really have the capabilities, especially in terms of ASW vessels to look for any Indian submarine.

Last edited:
You can "foresee" them but searching and identification are a great deal harder and time consuming. I posted the US incident earlier on and the have the best surveillance capabilities amongst anyone. Supplies are limited and indefinite periods are not possible. But anyhow, Pakistan doesn't really have the capabilities, especially in terms of ASW vessels to look for any Indian submarine.

If US encounter such problem then it may be a difficult mission after they watch whole globe But Indian Navy only need to watch Arabian see and its premises.Indian Navy know Indian Ocean and its areas.We have decades of experience in it.So our GSAT-7 also carry some advanced features.
What about my doubt.?whether nuclear or diesel:undecided:.

Because it is obvious as daylight. Unless you are trying to say that your subs are comparable to the US Virgina Class, UK Astute or Trafalgar class, French Rubis, Russian Charlie class etc. These nations have the best part of 40 years developing such technologically advanced vessels and suddenly India on it's first try, with significant assistance from Russia is going to make something comparable.
Delusional is not even the word to describe this.

Think why India went for Russian consultation on Arihant project.Arihant project has been initiated in 1970s.India is not on first try to develop an SSN.We already have first of Arihant class SSBN in trials,second Arihant class & subsequent SSNs would be more refined.

And did you forget the Akula?IN would be looking for same specifications when going for indigenous SSNs

Hopefully it will be fixed, you must make sure INS Kolkatta trial test again probably soon. :coffee:

Do you atleast know what a CO2 cylinder is?

Last edited:
According to my knowledge the Subs we are getting is not the only deal. We might also get 1 or 2 other stuff too which .... :P;).

Furthermore AIP are tend to be advance than Nuclear Subs. Nuclear Propulsion technology is not vast improved to be stealthier than AIP submarine. Some Submarine like Germans are stealthier even without AIP.

Back
Top Bottom