What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

EC AS.350B3 Ecureuil

154870_486267384743626_2092570951_n_zps5fa33169.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

A little something I have.

The story behind this please.

Is just that they operate those at skardu.

I got a bit more about the guns on the helis thing.

PAA has 20 mm guns installed on UH-1H's and Bell 412's. The MG-3 and similar calibers are mounted on all helicopters regularly. They do not require any proper or specially made mounts because there recoil is pretty low in the grand scheme of things.

Now an interesting story. PAA actually tried to install a gun from the F-6 fighter jet onto a Lama of all helicopters!!! The Lama literally stopped and moved a big distance when the gun was fired. And after a while the skin panels on the gun side of the helicopter broke off and the windows cracked!!! So this project got called off.

5.jpg

This arrangement does not seems to be for flying, and only for validation of concept (FLIR-ed MI-17) on ground. Main gimble is not attached to helo structure, rather it seems that some internal module of FLIR is attached to helo structure, onwhich whole load of stationary/rotary parts hinges. secondly the way power/data cable is attached from FLIR to Helo itself, It has a great sag, and due to rotorwash, may flutter violently and snap lose from both or one end. Now you can also notice some sensitive parts underneath the same area, i.e. anti collision light, landing light, two pitot tubes and small white coloured avionivs antenna. The lose cable may aslo break lower glass panels. i am sure PAF engineers are only testing it for ground checks, and may not risk it to take it to air, the loose cable should be ducted under some cover flushed with fuseladge, so that no unnecessary aerodynamic drag is caused to Mi-17.

BTW, its Star Safire II or III? :undecided:

No Army Aviation helo is having 20 mm cannon installed on it, either Huey or Bell 412. rather no where in the world, 20 mm Cannons are installed on Heuy or Bell 412. As i already stated earlier in the same thread that Army Aviation Bell 412 are earlier fitted with MG1A3s, but now they are fitted with M240H MGs.
UH-1Hs (Huey IIs) are not operated by PAA but MoI (Ministry of Interior), these helos are having M240H and GAU-17s

No Army Aviation helo is having 20 mm cannon installed on it, either Huey or Bell 412. rather no where in the world, 20 mm Cannons are installed on Heuy or Bell 412. As i already stated earlier in the same thread that Army Aviation Bell 412 are earlier fitted with MG1A3s, but now they are fitted with M240H MGs.

Yup...sorry...got the caliber mixed up.

UH-1Hs (Huey IIs) are not operated by PAA but MoI (Ministry of Interior), these helos are having M240H and GAU-17s

UH-1H is used by Pak Army...

huey2103.JPG

5.jpg

This arrangement does not seems to be for flying, and only for validation of concept (FLIR-ed MI-17) on ground. Main gimble is not attached to helo structure, rather it seems that some internal module of FLIR is attached to helo structure, onwhich whole load of stationary/rotary parts hinges. Secondly the way power/data cable is attached from FLIR to Helo itself, It has a great sag, and due to rotorwash, may flutter violently and snap lose from both or one end. Now you can also notice some sensitive parts underneath the same area, i.e. anti collision light, landing light, two pitot tubes and small white coloured avionivs antenna. The lose cable may aslo break lower glass panels. i am sure PAF engineers are only testing it for ground checks, and may not risk it to take it to air, the loose cable should be ducted under some cover flushed with fuseladge, so that no unnecessary aerodynamic drag is caused to Mi-17.

BTW, its Star Safire II or III? :undecided:

Beleive me they are operated this way and its been quite loong. Also PAF Mi-17 have similar hanging FLIRs :sick:

My bad, but the Major died in Schweizer 500 crash in river Chenab.

RIP to him. That pic of him with kids make my heart ache.
BTW,is "shaheed" a part of his original name or was that the title given to him for his supreme sacrifice for his country?

Back
Top Bottom