What's new

Official: India Will Need To Hike Defense Spending by 30%

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL thats what u think......BTW a 30% hike is way mammoth when yr own economy is facing troubles, now this tells me who is actually reducing budget of other fields to fund defence budget.
lol...talking abt indian economy when economy of pakistan is in debt.....u still have pay ur loan amt that u bailed from IMF....pay that....:rofl::rofl:
and don't cry....ur defense budget will nt reach the current indian mark even till the end of this century.....
talk abt it ...:lol::lol:

im not underestimating, im just not overestimating, despite progress(and there are some very nice real progress) the indian navy has even more limited power projection capabilities than PLAN. and the strait is about half way between the two countries, furthermore, other countries will have a say in whether the waters are closed or open (china being the largest trading nation in the world and biggest trading partner of dozens of nations), unless you suggest india can take on the world.
I had heard slow and steady wins the race.
Well everybody is looking to invest in Africa and supposedly the scramble for power between US and China in Africa will work in favor of India if there's a need to cut the jugular.

Rivalry with a women!
Owns an overpriced Toyota ! Presumably!

Now we know what kind of a character you are......
Asking him to be behave like a man is to ask a donkey to behave like a Lion.:lol:

I had heard slow and steady wins the race.
Well everybody is looking to invest in Africa and supposedly the scramble for power between US and China in Africa will work in favor of India if there's a need to cut the jugular.

if US and china fight it out there are certainly benefits for india, ill agree with that. but chances for a outright open clifict between US/China is fairly low, in this sense your opponents are not unsteady, thus india needs to jump in on the africa game, and in fact it is, but its going at a slower rate, but thats because india has a smaller economy(which everything medium to long term always comes back to).

if US and china fight it out there are certainly benefits for india, ill agree with that. but chances for a outright open clifict between US/China is fairly low, in this sense your opponents are not unsteady, thus india needs to jump in on the africa game, and in fact it is, but its going at a slower rate, but thats because india has a smaller economy(which everything medium to long term always comes back to).
As the two countries India and China look to secure seas that are critical for their trade, as they did with their anti-piracy navies near the Gulf of Aden and off the East African coast in the Indian Ocean.... whoever has a firmer foothold in East Africa at the end is likely to have the strategic advantage.
And China is the new entrant in east africa,China particularly is targeting infrastructure development projects across the region, entering a market where nations such as India, Japan and traditional economic big boys like European Union and the US've been playing for a while.India has become the top source of Kenya’s imports overtaking the UAE and China.So I guess we arent doing that bad.

Someone needs to dig up that picture(Umair's Lex) ,it was epic and epics need to be revisited. :lol:

As the two countries India and China look to secure seas that are critical for their trade, as they did with their anti-piracy navies near the Gulf of Aden and off the East African coast in the Indian Ocean.... whoever has a firmer foothold in East Africa at the end is likely to have the strategic advantage.
And China is the new entrant in east africa,China particularly is targeting infrastructure development projects across the region, entering a market where nations such as India, Japan and traditional economic big boys like European Union and the US've been playing for a while.India has become the top source of Kenya’s imports overtaking the UAE and China.So I guess we arent doing that bad.

the PRC actually have been in africa for a long time, since the mao days. but back then it was very focus on ideology and with it, infrastructure, with the boom in economy and the end of the mao era, its focus has shifted to resources, and only when the chinese economy really started to get big in the middle of the 2000s we started to hear all about china in africa. but africa is not new by any means to china.

and yes india has been making good inroads into africa, like i said, it is most definitely in the game. i would never say its progress is "bad" because its actually fairly good. but again the scale is difference due to the size of the economy.

and east africa is not the decider of who is most influential in africa, by all means there are some important african countries there, but we must not forget the likes of nigeria, south africa, angola, congo, and of course egypt.

and east africa is not the decider of who is most influential in africa, by all means there are some important african countries there, but we must not forget the likes of nigeria, south africa, angola, congo, and of course egypt.
No you got me wrong.I said east Africa will decide who gets more foothold in Indian ocean.

NO,the thread is dated back to 2010 and Umair Nawaz joined the forum in 2012.
On mobile I cant see profile details with every post :(
But now i will dig out that thread...i am really curious now.:lol:

On mobile I cant see profile details with every post :(
But now i will dig out that thread...i am really curious now.:lol:
Do mention me when you will find it.

No you got me wrong.I said east Africa will decide who gets more foothold in Indian ocean.

oh. but for the indian ocean, wouldn't areas like various islands and nations near the oil outlet from the middle east(persian gulf/gulf of oman be more influential in that respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom