What's new

Official: India Will Need To Hike Defense Spending by 30%

Status
Not open for further replies.
and thats precisely why i said a bharoti is a bharoti.
read again....
this is what u showed.....
India's GDP growth in 2012 = 3.2%

Pakistan's GDP growth in 2012 = 4.2%
here is the GDP of India in 12-13....''

Economic growth rate hits a new decade’s low of 4.5% in the fiscal year 2012-13 as construction and mining face slowdown :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

New Delhi: India’s economic growth rate hit a new decade’s low of 4.5% in the fiscal year 2012-13—a much slower pace than the 5% estimated earlier—due mainly to a sharper-than-projected slowdown in construction and mining, as well as an upward revision of growth data for the previous fiscal year.
The first revised estimates released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) on Friday showed agriculture grew 1.4% in 2012-13 against the 1.8% estimated earlier, while mining production contracted by 2.2% instead of growing 0.4%, as estimated earlier.
Construction saw the sharpest deceleration of 1.1% against the earlier CSO estimate of 5.9% acceleration, while financial services and real estate grew at a faster trot of 10.9% compared with the 8.6
% estimated earlier.
Community services—representing government expenditure—expanded just 5.3% against 6.8% projected earlier, an indicator of the sharp spending cuts enforced by finance minister P. Chidambaram to pare the fiscal deficit during 2012-13.
India’s economy is mired in its sharpest downturn for a decade. High borrowing costs and delays in securing mandatory government approvals have stalled corporate investments and crimped cash flows, while high inflation and slower hiring have shaken consumer confidence and forced households to cut spending.
CSO also revised growth rates for the previous two years. The 2010-11 gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate was revised down to 8.9% from 9.3% estimated earlier, while the 2011-12 GDP growth rate was revised upwards to 6.7% from 6.2% estimated earlier. The latest revisions incorporate the Annual Survey of Industries (ASI) data for 2011-12, replacing the provisional Index of Industrial Production numbers and new set of data available from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the government, CSO said.
Gross domestic savings (GDS) at current prices in 2012-13 is estimated atRs.30.4 trillion against Rs.28.2 trillion in 2011-12, constituting 30.1% of GDP at market prices, against 31.3% in the previous year.
“The decrease in the rate of GDS in the current year compared to the previous year has mainly been due to the decrease in the rates of savings of household sector in physical assets from 15.8% to 14.8% and private corporate sector from 7.3% to 7.1%,” CSO said. The rate of gross capital formation, including valuables, representing the investment rate at current prices, declined to 34.8% in 2012-13 from 35.5% in 2011-12.
Although the downward revision in GDP data for 2012-13 had not been expected, it could be because of the upward revision in GDP data for the previous year which incorporated ASI data, said Samiran Chakraborty, head of India research at Standard Chartered Bank.
“It is possible that the 2012-13 numbers are also revised upward when ASI data is released. That has been the trend for last few years,” he added.
Chakraborty said that though the downward revision in the last fiscal year’s GDP numbers will provide a positive base effect for this year’s data, it is not significant enough to merit a revision in his GDP projection for the current fiscal year. He expects GDP to grow at 4.7% in 2013-14.
Chidambaram had faulted the CSO methodology when it first projected 5% GDP growth for 2012-13 in February last year, holding that the economy was turning around and growth will be “closer to 5.5%” during the fiscal year.
For the current fiscal year, too, Chidambaram expects growth to remain above 5%. CSO will release its growth projection for 2013-14 next Friday.
The economy expanded at an average pace of 4.6% in the first half (April-September) of the current fiscal year ending 31 March and most private economists project economic growth to further fall to below 5% in the full year.
RBI, in its macroeconomic outlook released on Monday, said growth in the second half of 2013-14 may turn out to be marginally higher than in the first half, mainly due to a rebound in farm output and better exports.
“However, industrial growth continues to stagnate and leading indicators of the services sector exhibit a mixed picture. Clear signs of a pick-up are yet to emerge, though a modest recovery is likely to shape up in 2014-15. Durable recovery remains contingent on addressing persistent inflation, and the bottlenecks facing the mining and infrastructure sectors,” it added.
There is, however, near consensus on a significant pickup in growth in 2014-15. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank have projected economic growth to pick up to 5.4% and 6.2%, respectively, for 2014-15.
In its update to the World Economic Outlook, IMF on Tuesday said India’s growth had picked up in 2013-14 after a favourable monsoon and higher export growth.
It said economic growth is expected to accelerate further on stronger structural policies supporting investment.
RBI expects growth to pick up at around 5.5% in 2014-15 after falling below 5% in 2013-14. “A moderate paced recovery is likely to shape in the next year with support from rural demand, a pick-up in exports and some turnaround in investment demand. The growth in 2014-15 is likely to be in the range of 5 to 6%, with likelihood of it being in higher reaches of this forecast range as project clearances translate into investment, global growth outlook improves, and inflation softens,” it added.
With the revised GDP numbers, the size of the Indian economy now stands at $1.6 trillion in 2012-13 at the rupee’s Friday value of 62.66 against the dollar.
Though India’s real GDP grew at a slower pace than anticipated in 2012-13, its nominal GDP grew faster at 12.2% against 11.7% estimated earlier. This may help the government to show a lower fiscal deficit of 5.15% of GDP in 2012-13 against 5.2% of GDP projected in the budget documents.
Separately, data released by the Controller General of Accounts on Friday showed that the government exhausted 95.2% of the fiscal deficit target in the first three quarters (April-December) of the current fiscal year, against 78.8% during the same period a year ago.
The government has set up a target of 4.8% of GDP for 2013-14 and finance minister Chidambaram has promised not to breach the “red line” of the fiscal deficit.
The Union government used 63.3% of the Plan expenditure target by December, compared with 56.8% of the target exhausted during the same period last year, data released on Friday showed. The government usually significantly reduces its Plan expenditure in the fourth quarter to meet the fiscal deficit target.
Aditi Nayar, a senior economist at rating agency Icra Ltd, said that while the Union government may achieve its target of restraining the fiscal deficit to 4.8% of GDP by cutting spending, the quality of the underlying fiscal adjustment may be sub-optimal.

GDP growth in 2012-13 worse than expected - Livemint

and u sitting in UK know all the ground realities of the world.....
know it will nt change the reality of poor...but our richness is enough to burn a hole in ur hateful heart......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Poor show mate rather a pathetic effort to digress from the psyche of the subject......the link i posted is a well respected UK based paper...... but i am sure you already knew that........ may be according to your ridiculous rants the British broadsheet is jealous of the so called India's richness..... who knows the British may even pull back their call centres.

Poor show mate rather a pathetic effort to digress from the psyche of the subject......the link i posted is a well respected UK based paper...... but i am sure you already knew that........ may be according to your ridiculous rants the British broadsheet is jealous of the so called India's richness..... who knows the British may even pull back their call centres.
and here I heard pakistan want to set up call centers to give job to its newer generation.....
britain wanna pull out its call center....don't make me laugh.....our call center business already reduced to minimum.....its already outsourced to Philippines......u should know all these things......but pakistan want to start it....:(
do u know hw much business indians own in Britain.........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stop Indian Posters Please.....i support @Umair Nawaz ...:pakistan::pakistan:
see what you have done with this cutie.........poor kid.......
images (1).jpg

Coming up with 2011 articles.. Read new ones...
Below the line: Increasing poverty affecting 40% population, says report – The Express Tribune

Jump in Pakistan’s poverty level - DAWN.COM

PAKISTAN: Increasing level of poverty in Pakistan!! — Asian Human Rights Commission

Will give you more if you want to see truth.. We admitting our poverty is worst.. But with other south asian countries we are decreasing it rapidly.. But in your country it is increasing.. Open your eyes bro.. It is alarming..
The intention wasn't as a stick measuring contest rather talking about priorities, it's a menace to the subcontinent societies, however just by saying that unlike Pakistan, it's decreasing in India is far from reality.

Poverty has increased during period of economic growth, says economist - The Hindu

and here I heard pakistan want to set up call centers to give job to its newer generation.....
britain wanna pull out its call center....don't make me laugh.....our call center business already reduced to minimum.....its already outsourced to Philippines......u should know all these things......but pakistan want to start it....:(
do u know hw much business indians own in Britain.........:rofl::rofl::rofl:
There's an old saying, empty vessels make more noise, you are an ideal example, and yea we know India will soon be on Moon and beyond.

image0029.jpg

Last edited:
There's an old saying, empty vessels make more noise, you are an ideal example, and yea we know India will soon be on Moon and beyond.

image0029.jpg
OMG....u are hilarious....
empty vessel make more noise....then what abt empty minded country......:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
do u even know Indians abt achievement on space research and what it has achieved....
we are reaching on mars soon.....:smart:
and we are going to test crew capsule next month......:smart:
can ur country even send a satellite in space........be it of even 1 Kg.......:cray::cray:
soon we will be on moon....we already had a chandryaan mission way back in 2008...and we are going to have another mission in 2015......
where is ur SUPARCO........:pleasantry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::sick:

Yr making a fool out of yourself here where did i say i own this vehicle!!!!!!!

My father own a Toyota Pajero and I OWN A LEXUS!!!

Got it u hindu Creature!!
@nair why did u have gave me a negative rating.

Well re-read your post again.
and then re-read my reply to it.
Frankly i am not surprised that it whooshed over you head.:coffee:

There you go again.

Heights of ludicrousness!!!

How many times should I tell you...that Pajero is owned by Mitsubishi and not toyota.
(thankgod atleast you got the spelling of Toyota right this time, otherwise TOYAATA sounded very funny :lol: )
and how many times i need to tell u that we call SUV class vehicles Pajero here?

and how many times i need to tell u that we call SUV class vehicles Pajero here?

But you called it TOYAATA pajero.
Spelling of Toyota was wrong.
And you ended clubbing a Mitsubishi Pajero with TOYATA was even more interesting.

STOP giving excuses.And pls stop making a fool out of yourself here.

@nair

if u dont have a clue abt topic in hand and discussions here and its background then u dont have any right to give negative rating to an individual only when others r provoking him and insulting him(look at post#124).

@Aeronaut @WebMaster

i thought that TTs r suppose to stay neutral and not differentiate on nationality and not allowed to use ratings on a member singularly.

Last edited:
But you called it TOYAATA pajero.
Spelling of Toyota was wrong.
And you ended clubbing a Mitsubishi Pajero with TOYATA was even more interesting.

STOP giving excuses.And pls stop making a fool out of yourself here.
Again the usual Bharoti low IQ is on show here.

1) Oh thank u my English teacher for correcting me, now when can i expect my tuition classes?

2) and the reason why i wrote Toyota Pajero is also state. When u know a very little abt our country then its better to not open yr mouth.

3)LOL look whose talking......Its actually u who is making a fool out of yrself.

@nair

if u dont have a clue abt topic in hand and discussions here and its background then u dont have any right to give negative rating to an individual only when others r provoking him and insulting him.

@Aeronaut @WebMaster

i thought that TTs r suppose to stay neutral and not differentiate on nationality r not allowed to use ratings on a member singularly.

Have mentioned the reason..... You edit that part and will reverse it.

@DESERT FIGHTER @Talon please dont support a mind midget like him.I am not expecting it from you guys.
I am sure he's a blot on all of Pakistan.:lol:
A guy who says he owns a "TOYAATA-Pajero" is nothing short of a "baudet" to me.And to top it all,he says all Pakistanis say that.
Phaleeez somebody drill some sense into him.:moil:

This guy is obsessed with trolling me.And is not man enough to fight it out.Lolzz
That is really rude mind you...Whats wrong with a Toyota? As long as it can do the work of transporting one ....In my honest opinion it is those with a less fortunate background who usually try to boast or even dream of bigger things...We have had Japanese cars all our lives why? Because they are cheaper and also because we rather give our money in charity than to get a car that looks better when next year another 1 that looks better comes out...whats the point of chasing such stuff?

Back to topic...need to read it but mind you please dont quote me when you are insulting my own! Thanks!

Well this is the reason for the negative rating.... You edit that part of your post...will reverse it....
im not gonna talk to u abt it i will complain directly to staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom