What's new

Officers Detained at Dulles, Call off visit

Would that make a difference? I've seen U.S. diplomats ("red card" passports) stopped at Customs at Dulles for violations before. ("Eat that apple or dump it in the trash!")

What is interesting is the "offense" taken by the Pakistanis. It's probably a form of culture shock. High-ranking Pakistani officials are treated with greater courtesy than the hoi polloi at home; they expect to be able to bend rules and do what they want. They come to America and BAM! - even a four-star U.S. general has to obey the rules, for here generals are creatures of the state; in Pakistan, the state is a creature of the generals.

fair enough, but but if I am a security screener. I would look at the status of the passport holder (who he is and why he is here), compared to what level the security threat is, In context of what was allegedly said. I highly doubt a Pakistani Military officer, that is with a group of other military officers. And here on official business. Pose a huge risk to national security.

But then again I guess we do not know what was allegedly said that led to all the hoopla.

It it anything to do with Govt. of Afghanistan's plea that US should not allow Pakistani army officials in US????????

Are you serious?! didn't you read the post? if yes then read it again and you will realise that your comment is meanless!

Don't you over estimate yourself?

another meanless comment.

interesting questions, maybe for another thread

i remember muse was an advocate for blackwater in pakistan, such was his stance on the WoT, i wonder what has made him change, its interesting because he is normally very forthright and colourful in his views, what has prompted him to take a 180 u-turn?

Maybe some ground realities and facts changed his opinions for U.S!

Anyway, this is not the first time that Pakistani officials are treated in this way....it's seems like all this is done on purpose not just as security measures.

But then again I guess we do not know what was allegedly said that led to all the hoopla.
We don't know if somebody was cracking jokes about airport security or bragging about mangoes in luggage. Either is enough to get you "detained".

What a load of hoopla for what is effectively a very minor incident. I really don't get it, in one thread your flying american flags because of the aid they are sending and their choppers and in the very other your condeming them as the enemies of Pakistan.

:rolleyes:

Munafikat ke inthya hain hum Pakistani!

and.. MK.. arent we being judgmental this month ;)

hI,

Sir,

I apologize if I come out as judgemental---which I never am---it was more like a herder---trying to guide the group together to keep focussed and cohesive in a general direction.

As for my understanding---judgemental---is someone who just passes judgements and offers no solutions or suggestions----like a critique---who always critiscizes but has no realistic answers for systematic correction.

I try my best to create a substantial base and approach for the directions taken---the effects and after affects of oppurtunities missed and lost---.

Any millitary staff or any govt employee coming from pak must be initially briefed on the etiquettes---what to say---what not to say---how to act and behave---.

In the U S----a millitary general is a nobody---even in his full blown uniform---a street cop can and will arrest him if need be, put his hands behind the the back and hand-cuff him without any fear and put him in the back seat of his patro car.

Seems like pak officers need more situational awareness understanding and training.

You have to understand the loss suffered---the pak officers were here to meet the americans officers---american millitary has no say in airport security matters---even Senator Kennedy was stopped three plus times, because his name was on the no flying list----that man had to face the air port security as well.

This incident would have caused embarrassment for theu s millitary----that was the best time to meet the american counterparts---because in their embarrassment---they might have given more than they would have otherwise---or would have agreed to more than otherwise to please the upset pak officers.

Somebody needs to teach the pak millitary to take advantage of these situation---millitary men are trained to take advantage---they are learned men who practise practise and practise to find and opening to move through---and here you have a superstar think tank member saying no no and no----has he ever heard of strategy and gamesmanship---.

And someone needs to teach young pakistanis that it is not all bad---let me ask you people---what if a visitor coming to your place is mistreated by someone in your household---don't you apologize to him---and don't you try to go out of your way to make them more comfortable.

If you don't do those things in your house level---why would you do those things at the national level

RAWALPINDI: A delegation, comprising officials from Pakistan Army, has resolved cancellation of US visit after they were mishandled by US officials of Transport Security at Washington Airport, Geo News reported.

According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) sources, a delegation of Pakistan Army was invited to Central Command meeting in US where delegation announced calling off visit after arrival at Washington airport when US security officials misbehaved Pakistan army officials.

Delegation has been called back to country.

Meanwhile, US Defense Department has strongly deplored the incident, sources said.

Pak Army officials call off US visit after being misbehaved

What exactly was this mis behavior?

Love this act and love Pak Army........must be like this like a pround nation....

Those TSA morons are some illetreates from jungle outbacks with no manner..there are soo many reports about their misbehaving circulationg around. Kudos to PA for taking firm decisions

I am so proud of our men who refused to bow and yield to those rowdy puffed up yeehaaws.
Wish our politicians had half of the guts and balls our Army boys have.

Back
Top Bottom