What's new

Nobel laureate's wife detained

They really should see the PEW project to understand how many people in China actually agree with what the government is doing.

80 something % approval rating right? US presidents can only dream of such high rates but they'd probably think that the Chinese people are somehow less intelligent than they are and shrug it off as brainwashing. Though if any US president can deliver the progress China has had, there is very well a good chance that they can have an 80+ approval rating.

You've overstepped yourself I think. If you pay attention to the dialogue between Chinese members here, you'll find plenty of differing opinions and various criticisms about China and the CCP which are accepted and debated because we know they are offered good naturedly and intelligently. What we find frustrating are people who lacking the basic understanding of the situation offering the same criticism as it has been spoon fed to them by whatever news media they consume.

and really can you claim that Chinese members here have been more sensitive than the Indian members ? And to the best of my knowledge, no Chinese members have ever resorted to methodically posting inflammatory articles in the Indian forum such as saug, justin joseph and others have done in the China. When we are in the Indian sub forum starting new threads we usually keep in mind the fact that we are guests, whereas we have not been shown similar respect.

Sure, the Chinese members here are remarkably open and critical of their own system. A point is that this is not Tiananmen square. You can get away with it here, as Chinese can generally get away with it in the Blogosphere. Another point is that the West feeds into this fear of criticism- what was the need to 'Warn' the Nobel committee? Jeez, those guys probably gave him the Prize just because of that.

Again, my point is that China needs to pointedly develop a tolerance for contrarian views, even those that (seemingly) threaten the very core of your national identity. You will find that it will strengthen your sense of national identity.

Look who is talking, in India, they not only arrest the prisoners wivies, but they gang raping, abused, killing them instead.:no:
Desicritics.org: Abuse by Police and Deaths in Judicial Custody.
Wonder in India, do they consider all these as some daily routine eh? :whistle:

ho ho ho...

Yes what you said is correct... it is and was being done by animals in Police clothes...

So now you accept that CPC is also a similar animal which has arrested an UNARMED WOMEN...

Sure, the Chinese members here are remarkably open and critical of their own system. A point is that this is not Tiananmen square. You can get away with it here, as Chinese can generally get away with it in the Blogosphere. Another point is that the West feeds into this fear of criticism- what was the need to 'Warn' the Nobel committee? Jeez, those guys probably gave him the Prize just because of that.

Again, my point is that China needs to pointedly develop a tolerance for contrarian views, even those that (seemingly) threaten the very core of your national identity. You will find that it will strengthen your sense of national identity.

This begs the question, if you are mixing up the Chinese government with Chinese members here. The two are not one in the same. You need to separate your grievances into that directed at us and that direct at the CCP. We can discuss both.

Just like I don't blame the rational Indian government or the Indian people at large for behaviour like this, you shouldn't extrapolation from whatever basis that lead you to draw those conclusions.
ho ho ho...

Yes what you said is correct... it is and was being done by animals in Police clothes...

So now you accept that CPC is also a similar animal which has arrested an UNARMED WOMEN...

ho ho ho...

Do you know what "arrested"? The UNARMED WOMEN were arrested by India, not here.

Another thing that people actually got defensive here is maybe because they actually agree with what the government is doing, so if someone is attacking the government on this, it becomes an attack on themselves, not because the attack is towards the Chinese identity.

Look who is talking, in India, they not only arrest the prisoners wivies, but they gang raping, abused, killing them instead.:no:
Desicritics.org: Abuse by Police and Deaths in Judicial Custody.
Wonder in India, do they consider all these as some daily routine eh? :whistle:

You, sir, are a despicable, destructive troll who has never had anything to contribute to this forum apart from hate towards India. Your avatar suggests that you are on this forum just for this reason. I'm assuming this is because you have been wronged at some point by an Indian, or have had a bad experience in India.
Luckily for me, I've been to Thailand and have many Thai friends who suggest that Thai people are nothing like you.

If you are Thai, that is.

This begs the question, if you are mixing up the Chinese government with Chinese members here. The two are not one in the same.

I don't blame the rational Indian government or the Indian people at large for behaviour like this.

Friend, I was just responding to our friend Molawchai who was justifying this thread by comparing it to the actions of a few mad and blood thirsty police in India...

But you seem to be offended by my statement but at comfort with whatever our friend Molawchai says...

ho ho ho...

Calm down, sorry if i offended you by provide you with "FACTS" , do understand "TRUTH" hurt, thats normal reaction of yours.:D
In fact i will said "worst" than animals, too bad you considered raping an unarmed women by your brilliant policemen could be compare of arresting an unarmed woman.:lol:
Can you name me one country that had never arrested an unarmed women please.:whistle:

Friend, I was just responding to our friend Molawchai who was justifying this thread by comparing it to the actions of a few mad and blood thirsty police in India...

But you seem to be offended by my statement but at comfort with whatever our friend Molawchai says...

Sorry, I certainly do not agree with his attitude, but he just gave a link, a news, your intentions more obvious, you have been talking nonsense, it is true, of course, I'm sure you do not care about own influence.

Calm down, sorry if i offended you by provide you with "FACTS" , do understand "TRUTH" hurt, thats normal reaction of yours.:D
In fact i will said "worst" than animals, too bad you considered raping an unarmed women by your brilliant policemen could be compare of arresting an unarmed woman.:lol:
Can you name me one country that had never arrested an unarmed women please.:whistle:

Great... again you are trying to justify...

Every crime in this world has already been done by others at some point of time... does that mean that we can repeat that crime...

Opps... here were speaking about the wife of a person winning nobel prize...

Answer to your question: You cannot find one country that has arrested unarmed wife of a Nobel Laureate. That honor goes to the one and the only CPC...

Great... again you are trying to justify...

Every crime in this world has already been done by others at some point of time... does that mean that we can repeat that crime...

Opps... here were speaking about the wife of a person winning nobel prize...

Answer to your question: You cannot find one country that has arrested unarmed wife of a Nobel Laureate. That honor goes to the one and the only CPC...

Do you know what "arrested"? The UNARMED WOMEN were arrested by India, not here. I'm tired of repeating

Back
Top Bottom