What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

Its ok boy ... pride will tear you apart.
Do you even know Arabic to be making such points ?

BTW, what you call Urdu may not be urdu.
I have some Hyderabadies trying to speak to me, I don't understand 70% of what they say !

As I have mentioned before, now their language is adapting to their master's language .... get what I mean !

Do you seriously think they will get it

Oscar I reckon I wasn't bad with my deleted posts..

Its ok boy ... pride will tear you apart.
Do you even know Arabic to be making such points ?

BTW, what you call Urdu may not be urdu.
I have some Hyderabadies trying to speak to me, I don't understand 70% of what they say !

As I have mentioned before, now their language is adapting to their master's language .... get what I mean !

Yes, you can't understand Hyderabadi because they speak Southern variety of Urdu know as
Dakkani very different from North Indian, some of my Friends speak that and sometimes it is difficult to understand that. urdu is also a co-official language in Andhra Pradesh and all government sign board in Hyderabad city contain Urdu also.

Well I know about Arabic:- Arabic has no pronunciation for letter P, D of danda, t of toot, R of ghora or Ghoda. And there are many pronunciation for letter z which Urdu speakers can distinguish. Arabs pronounce Pakistan as Bakistan.

Urdu was developed in northern India (Delhi and surrounding areas) but now the people of northern India (especially Muslims) cannot even claim Urdu as their own language and sacrifice again so that the people of Punjab can feel better. They have discarded their own mother tongue and treat it just like a harlot and have become the champion of a foreign language Urdu that was imposed on them by the British colonialists.

Urdu was developed in northern India (Delhi and surrounding areas) but now the people of northern India (especially Muslims) cannot even claim Urdu as their own language and sacrifice again so that the people of Punjab can feel better. They have discarded their own mother tongue and treat it just like a harlot and have become the champion of a foreign language Urdu that was imposed on them by the British colonialists.

which idiot reads your post, i dont say im idiot because i just read for a good laugh, here you are speaking colonist language you ......

urdu was not a conspiracy by brits, it was developed in muslim era

You guys are confusing one thing here.....

Urdu is not widely spoken in India!......this does not mean that Urdu did not originate in India.

Tell me, how many Indians speak in Sanskrit today????

Like all the religions of the world has their roots in Hinduism......almost all the languages of the world has their roots in Sanskrit......and Urdu is no exception......Therefore Urdu is bound to have Indian origin........

AND these are not my words.......great Historians,Writers,Scientists,Philosophers from all over the world says this.....

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only."

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages".

Sir William Jones, British Orientalist: "The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity is of wonderful structure, more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin and more exquisitely refined than either."

Sir Monier-Williams (1819-1899) Orientalist, professor of Sanskrit at Oxford in 1860, wrote: "The Panini grammar reflects the wondrous capacity of the human brain, which till today no other country has been able to produce except India."

Urdu is not widely spoken in India!......this does not mean that Urdu did not originate in India.

Like all the religions of the world has their roots in Hinduism......almost all the languages of the world has their roots in Sanskrit......and Urdu is no exception......Therefore Urdu is bound to have Indian origin........

AND these are not my words.......great Historians,Writers,Scientists,Philosophers from all over the world says this.....

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only."

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages".

Sir William Jones, British Orientalist: "The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity is of wonderful structure, more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin and more exquisitely refined than either."

Sir Monier-Williams (1819-1899) Orientalist, professor of Sanskrit at Oxford in 1860, wrote: "The Panini grammar reflects the wondrous capacity of the human brain, which till today no other country has been able to produce except India."

No one is saying Urdu did not originate in Hindu-stan

We are saying it originated there, but it evolved from Arabic and persian. Both of which were the languages spoken by the Masters of Hindu-stan.

Present day hindi has several Urdu / Arabic words

Sorry for the Huge Block of Text which maybe slightly annoying but bare with me, I tried to make it as simple as possible

1)Khariboli was a language spoken around modern day northern India. When the Mughals (Turkik language/Persian/Arabic speakers) came to the Subcontinent, they enforced Persian on the natives as the common language. Persian eventually became the language of the elites and of the courts. The army, and many others, slowly started adopting local languages, the most noticeable being Khariboli.
2)They sort of adopted it eventually after a while and added their own Persian/Turkik/Arabic words to create a "hybrid" language. This was referred to as Zaban e Ordu (language of the army) which then spread around the empire and became popular, and later started to absorb more and more Persian/Arabic and native Sanskrit derived vocabulary at the same time, eventually becoming a proper language on it's own right.
3) This language retained the basic grammar of Khariboli. After the British came, they tried to eliminate Persian out of the picture for some reason and promote Urdu, which was also known as Hindi, Hindustani and Rekhta. It was mainly written in Perso-Arabic script. As the British kept on promoting it, it started to become polarised and associated with the Muslims. The Hindus decided to start writing it in the native script (Devanagari, which I think was devised form scratch, correct me if I'm wrong) so that they could also feel like they belonged to it (which is fair I guess)
4) However, it wasn't until the years leading up to the Partition that the single language known as Hindustani/Urdu/Hindi started to become 2 languages, associated with Muslims and Hindus. After the partition, India adopted "Hindi" as the main Official language of the country alongside English. Pakistan then decided to make Urdu the national language (which although might not have beenspoked as a -mother- tongue by most, was still the language associated with the Muslims of South Asia by then, and Pakistan was created for Muslims).

Today the language is spoken on both sides of the border, but is undoubtedly more "spoken" within Pakistan even if not as a mother tongue, but as the national tongue and the lingua franca. Apart from the Benglalis, it received little resistance from the other ethnic groups at the time of partition.
So while it's true it developed (descends) form Khariboli, native to UP and areas around, it's also true it has been long been associated with the Muslims of South Asia and widely spoken in many parts of the Subcontinent, including modern day Pakistan.
By the way, Urdu didn't develope from Hindi like someone was trying say, but it's the opposite (well technically both came at the same time, but the name "hindi" came later on).

TO SUM IT UP (MY SUMMARY OF IT): URDU HAS THE SKELETON OF "HINDU" LANGUAGES AND THE SKIN OF "MUSLIM" LANGUAGES, but that's my own way of putting it lol

And that's the story of Urdu/Hindi, which the majority of linguists do not dispute.

Well at least Pakistanis communicate in a South Asian language.

How does a South Pakistani communicate with a North Pakistani? Urdu.

How does a South Indian communicate with a North Indian? Broken English with a horrible funny accent.

Ever heard of INDO-EUROPEAN languages? yeah, the're languages native to the indo-europe region. There include English, Dutch, German, Swedish, Finnish, Italian, French, Spanish, Latin, Greek, Persian, Afrikaans, Sanskrit, Urdu, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati etc But NOT Arabic, Hebrew, Malaysian, Indonesian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Tamil, Malayalam, etc.
Sanskrit, as ancient Greek and Persian, and the mother tongue of Latin (not Latin herself tho) are SISTER languages. The language which derives these ancient languages is called (or the proposed name for it is) "Proto-Indo European" The people who spoke this language are known as Proto Indo Europeans. Yeah, that's right, our "ancestors", but not the ancestors of Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, African people etc.
Also, Semitic/Abrahamic religions actually have no proved link to Hinduism/Buddhism, so that the "all religions derived from hinduism" claim is dead wrong.

Just because some popular writers/jokers/philosophists claim something, it does not necessarily mean it is. Ask a historian, or a linguist, not these peeps

It's worth a read bro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages

Get your facts right =)

So urdu was rejected by the bengalis, pashtuns, baloch and sindhis in 1947 ?

It means that it was accepted by punjabis muslims ?

It's really sad because today pakistanis punjabis speak more urdu than this beautiful punjabi language :cry:

Punjabi bolo, punjabyo !

No. Pashtuns, Baloch, and Sindhis still speak Urdu. We need to communicate with each other thats why we need a common language. Its unrealistic for all Pakistanis to learn the dozen languages spoken in Pakistan.

Today the language is spoken on both sides of the border, but is undoubtedly more "spoken" within Pakistan even if not as a mother tongue, but as the national tongue and the lingua franca. Apart from the Benglalis, it received little resistance from the other ethnic groups at the time of partition.

You know why? Because Bangalis inherited one of the purest descendents of Sanskrit, and we didn't want to give it up for anything!
Charyapada.jpg

It looks much more beautiful than Urdu, no? :flame: (btw, Urdu didn't exist when this text was written)

You know why? Because Bangalis inherited one of the purest descendents of Sanskrit, and we didn't want to give it up for anything!
Charyapada.jpg

It looks much more beautiful than Urdu, no? :flame: (btw, Urdu didn't exist when this text was written)

=) good for you. We didn't decide which language would be the national language based on non-existent beauty and how ancient is is, but how commonly it was spoken. Bangla has been the language of Bengalis, that's it. Urdu has been the language of the MUSLIMS of the Subcontinent, and that is why it was chosen.

But you can't compare the beauty of calligraphic perso-arabic script, something Bangla and most Indian scripts just will never achieve

":flame:" :tongue:

Just because some popular writers/jokers/philosophists claim something, it does not necessarily mean it is. Ask a historian, or a linguist, not these peeps
Ha Ha, the person I have quoted, Mr. Will Durant, is a Historian.....

I request you to follow what you preach........
Increase your knowledge in History NOT by reading WIKIPEDIA but by reading actual History books.....written by eminent Historians :D

Ha Ha, the person I have quoted, Mr. Will Durant, is a Historian.....

I request you to follow what you preach........
Increase your knowledge in History NOT by reading WIKIPEDIA but by reading actual History books.....written by eminent Historians

Ask a historian which claims that Hinduism fathers all world religions and that Sanskrit fathers all world languages and historians which claim Indians fathers the whole world? :rofl: Are these eminent historians based in Bangalore or what? :disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom