What's new

Muslim first or Pakistani ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish all Pakistanis, or even Indians if they want to, can answer the the question and then talk about other things. Otherwise the essence of the thread will be lost. Please give our contribution, but after making your stand clear regarding the original intent of the thread.

Thank You

Well I guess it depends on how you are treated by your country. (this point is not aimed at anyone so no arsey replies)If you get treated poorly then you will not regard your country highly. If however it treats you well then you tend to be patriotic. etc

I say the major factors are : social justice and respect to human rights by thier respective governments, play the most important role. This is where the trouble is. If the political leadership is honest and fair enough with the populace then this problem do not happen. Otherwise there are 'TRAITORS' in every nook-and-corner of the country.
Kashif

I have interacted with Pakistanis for a while and this contradiction has often troubled me. I would like to know what do real Pakistanis think of this.

Do Pakistanis consider themselves Muslim first and Pakistani second, or Pakistani first and Muslim second ?

Thank You.

I don't see the relevance of the question in general, are we questioning our loyalties or priorities here?

I'm a proud muslim and a proud Pakistani at the same time! How's that for an answer? I'll only answer to God and no one else if my loyalty is questioned.

Cheers!

I don't see the relevance of the question in general, are we questioning our loyalties or priorities here?

I'm a proud muslim and a proud Pakistani at the same time! How's that for an answer? I'll only answer to God and no one else if my loyalty is questioned.

Cheers!
I think that's a nice answer:cheers:

Funny this topic came up I was talking to Jana about the same. The difference between Pakistanis and Indians is.
A Indian will stand anywhere in the world and say I am a Indian
on the other hand Pakistani will say I am a Muslim and a Pakistani.
Now saying that Foundation of Pakistan was built on religion, but that does not change the fact that we put country behind religion or Vice Versa. In other words I am a Pakistani and my religion cannot change that. My religion teaches me to first respect my motherland and then my religion.
My views might be different from a civilian.

I think the occassion will decide which comes first. And i dont see Relegion which ever that may be coming in way of discharging your duties as a citizen.

There are going to be upteen number of times when priorites of religion will have a negative effect of Pakistan. Funny Arabs see's themselves as arabs first, and rest of muslims as second class

There are going to be upteen number of times when priorites of religion will have a negative effect of Pakistan. Funny Arabs see's themselves as arabs first, and rest of muslims as second class
What's more funny is how your trying to divide muslims, and thinking that they are actually going to believe in what you say. Pakistan is an Islamic republic, most of the time whatever is good for Pakistan is good for Islam.

I dont have to divide Chrome!!! Me saying something will not make anyone do anything. You are giving me way too much credit.

I am very very well-versed with the Middle-east, I am from Kerala; a malayalee Arabs are the most racist people i have ever met, Ever wondered why a White man or an arab gets more money for the same job an Indian or Pakistani Muslim gets?????????
Heck my friends arab friends from Oman and the Emirates have told me how saudi's mistreat them when they drive down to Saudi!!!. Cuz of Prophet Mohammed they considered themseleves the chosen people, Spare me the crap, I have seen it all.

I don't know where this thread going. Don't bring other nationalities into this debate...stick to the topic.
Thanks!

I have no crisis of indentity. For me it is very simple: I am a Pakistani first and foremost and of course I am also a Muslim. Currently I work in the UAE. Every one asks me where you are from??. Only after I tell them my nationality, they ask are you a Muslim.

Besides, the acid test test comes in case of war. An Indian Muslim will fight against me; where as a Pakistani non Muslim; for example Cecil Chauhdry of PAF, will fight with me.

Pan Islamism is only a dream. Try getting into any Isalmic country on a Pakistani Passport and you will come to your senses. I need to go Kuwait quite often for petroleum business. I travel on UK Passport. UK Passport holders require no visa for Kuwait. However; I am obviously not 'white'. Thus at the immigration, while my European colleagues including Japanes, get their passport stamped in no time; I am asked to wait. A couple of phone calls and computer checks and nearly 1 hour later, I get the visa stamp. Can you imagine what would happen if I only had a Pakistani pasport ?? Nationality is of utmost importance. Muslim ummah may be one but only in theory, practice is very different.

Thus all those naive compatriots who think that they are Muslims first and Pakistanis later; I have only one advice. Grow up and accept ground realities.

i am a Pakistani, and a Muslim.....but my religion should be of no concern to anyone else, its only between me and Allah.
to everyone else, i am simply a Pakistani......this should be enough.

Good Post as usual

Niaz Sir,

Druggie Healer

Funn when i say it, I am Hindu-fundamentalist. When i have never in my life ever been anything other than a Secularist, a staunch one at that.

I have no crisis of indentity. For me it is very simple: I am a Pakistani first and foremost and of course I am also a Muslim. Currently I work in the UAE. Every one asks me where you are from??. Only after I tell them my nationality, they ask are you a Muslim.

Besides, the acid test test comes in case of war. An Indian Muslim will fight against me; where as a Pakistani non Muslim; for example Cecil Chauhdry of PAF, will fight with me.

Pan Islamism is only a dream. Try getting into any Isalmic country on a Pakistani Passport and you will come to your senses. I need to go Kuwait quite often for petroleum business. I travel on UK Passport. UK Passport holders require no visa for Kuwait. However; I am obviously not 'white'. Thus at the immigration, while my European colleagues including Japanes, get their passport stamped in no time; I am asked to wait. A couple of phone calls and computer checks and nearly 1 hour later, I get the visa stamp. Can you imagine what would happen if I only had a Pakistani pasport ?? Nationality is of utmost importance. Muslim ummah may be one but only in theory, practice is very different.

Thus all those naive compatriots who think that they are Muslims first and Pakistanis later; I have only one advice. Grow up and accept ground realities.

See when i try telling that to Pakistanis they give me dirty looks.
Problem is Pakistanis for some insane reason give Arabs the non deserved respect.and thats getting to Arabs head.on the other hand Westerners call them Terrorist and treat them like garbage.Instant respect for westerners.:victory: :rofl:

See when i try telling that to Pakistanis they give me dirty looks.
Problem is Pakistanis for some insane reason give Arabs the non deserved respect.and thats getting to Arabs head.on the other hand Westerners call them Terrorist and treat them like garbage.Instant respect for westerners.:victory: :rofl:

Rather funny predicament of life!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom