What's new

Muslim first or Pakistani ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no crisis of indentity. For me it is very simple: I am a Pakistani first and foremost and of course I am also a Muslim. Currently I work in the UAE. Every one asks me where you are from??. Only after I tell them my nationality, they ask are you a Muslim.

Excellent post Sir as usual!

I feel small whenever talking to you or reading about your experiences but I too have been lucky to see a great part of the world and been to more than 75 countries.

Never ever have I been asked to explain my loyalty to God or my country before. Only times I came accross this question was in international fora and ofcourse it was always raised by some Indian.
I don't understand the obsession, why is it anyone elses business? :confused:

i am a Pakistani, and a Muslim.....but my religion should be of no concern to anyone else, its only between me and Allah.
to everyone else, i am simply a Pakistani......this should be enough.

Couldn't agree more with you Doc.
Cheers! :cheers:

Expected answers, good to hear it anyways.

Never ever have I been asked to explain my loyalty to God or my country before. Only times I came accross this question was in international fora and ofcourse it was always raised by some Indian.
I don't understand the obsession, why is it anyone elses business? :confused:

What makes you think you are the same as the rest of your people?

Neo you are not.

PS: Try travelling in a Pakistani Passport instead of Netherlands Passport. See the difference.

Adu,

My Dutch passport says:
Name: Nadeem A. Khan
Place of Birth: Karachi, Pakistan ;)

Most western countries require API, Advanced Passenger Information for all passengers travelling or transitting thru their hubs. It means that your MRP or Machine Readable Passport is scanned and all the personal data is transferred to the DoT before you even arrive to your final destination.
USA, Mexico and a growing number of other countries have intruduced this system so they always know your place of birth upon arrival regardless what passport you're holding.

"Muslim first or Pakistani"

We pakistani muslim don t need Iranian or Arab type of nationalism, where their is no space for bring muslim. In present scenario Pakistani first.

Adu,

My Dutch passport says:

Neo,

The plight of Indians and Pakistani's muslim or otherwise in the middle east is a very well know fact. As Niaz sir has rightly pointed out

Adu,

My Dutch passport says:

Big difference traveling to Western nations and traveling to Arab lands.I for some reason doubt u had the pleasure yet.:pop:

And even bigger difference traveling on Western passports to Arab lands compare to south Asian passports.

This Arab superiority complex vs South Asians and inferiority complex vs Westerners is born from the same reason as Pakistani superiority complex v Indians.

Skin color and perceived racial superiority.

Don't know about Pakistanis, but I am confident that in another 10 years, when India over shadows the entire Middle East, both economically and militarily, these Arabs will be kissing our *****.

Big difference traveling to Western nations and traveling to Arab lands.I for some reason doubt u had the pleasure yet.:pop:

And even bigger difference traveling on Western passports to Arab lands compare to south Asian passports.

Cant agree more, Though i have to say Dubai is still better off. I havent been so racially discriminated even in the WHITE man's aiport. My arab friends used to tell me, that they dont become friends with indians wether muslim or not in oman usually but i am their first indian friend and class mate!!!!!!! Though i stopped hanging with them after that, worse off they were women

I usually have no difficulty transitting in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain or Doha. Worse airports are the ones in KSA, Jordan, Kuwait, Damascus and Muscat and even in Pakistan :undecided:

I think that the question has not been answered properly by some members.

When some one asks you who you are, will you answer that you are a Muslim or that you are a Pakistani?
Sure you can be a proud Pakistani and a proud Muslim, but i think that the reality shows by the support the terrorists in Red Mosque got here, when the two come at percieved cross roads.

For Pakistan it was an excellent descision and a personal good one by Musharraf. Wipe out the extremists. And it should have been commended by all in Pakistan. However that is not so. They wanted Sharia law, etc they were supporting the terrorists who were using human shields among other things. It did not matter that they got guns and ammo in places of worship to the people who were supporting these people.

I think it speaks volumes about the question asked, much more so than people here replying that they are Pakistani first and then Muslims or equal or whatever.
Most of Pakistan apparently feels they are Muslims first and THEN Pakistani's.

I think that the reason why Pakistani's give so much respect and admiration to the Arabs is because of religion. Its not that they respect the people there because they live in Saudi Arabia, but because of the religion, the Prophet(PBUH) among other things.

Malay,

Approximately 12% of Pakistani population supports Islamic Parties, thats the highest percentage any Islamic Party or alliance ever scored during the elections. Rest of the country is considered to me a moderate society. To them we're Pakistani and Pakistani only.
Loyalty first to God or State can not be questioned nor answered collectively.

I still don't see the relevance of this thread and waiting for answer to my first post.

Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom