What's new

Muslim first or Pakistani ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for you.

I consider myself a British Pakistani which is what I always put on forms when I fill them out and then a muslim.

What do others living abroad think?

The relevance of this thread, Neo, is to ascertain the identities of people who live in Pakistan. Whether they are first Muslims or first Pakistani's. This is a very very fundamental question, i am surprised you are not getting or understanding its significance.

Here's one for you.

I consider myself a British Pakistani which is what I always put on forms when I fill them out and then a muslim.

What do others living abroad think?

I agree with you. I myself see my self as norwegian-Pakistani. A foot in each culture, not quite pakistani or norwegian. When the part comes to what comes first, nationality or the religion, well it basically depends on who is asking and if it is politically or religiously motivated questions.

Personally i do not care, since being a muslim is not what u are, but what u choose to be and a pakistani is what u are! :pakistan:

The funny thing is, when outside Norway if people ask where u from, i say Norway. When in Norway people ask where i am from, then it is Pakistan. I dont know if it is the same with you people... :what:

This Arab superiority complex vs South Asians and inferiority complex vs Westerners is born from the same reason as Pakistani superiority complex v Indians.

Skin color and perceived racial superiority.

Don't know about Pakistanis, but I am confident that in another 10 years, when India over shadows the entire Middle East, both economically and militarily, these Arabs will be kissing our *****.

Pakistanis do not have any superiority complex over the Indians...lets not keep on perpetuating this silly little tale from the decade of the 60s. There is bravado on both sides but just like talking **** in sports, its part of politics.

Pakistanis do not have any superiority complex over the Indians...lets not keep on perpetuating this silly little tale from the decade of the 60s. There is bravado on both sides but just like talking **** in sports, its part of politics.
If i may speak on his behalf, i "THINK" he meant Indian Muslims.

I have seen the condescending attitude of Pakistani's on PDF towards Indian Muslims. It is practically the same superiority comlpex that the Arabs feel over other Muslims, and the Afghans feel over Pakistani's (the last three all being Muslims obviously).

The relevance of this thread, Neo, is to ascertain the identities of people who live in Pakistan. Whether they are first Muslims or first Pakistani's.
Then ask if people consider themselves to be Pakistani or Punjabi, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Pakhtun or Balochi first to acertain their identities, than you have point.
You can not expect people to choose between country and religion, both are equally important for us.
Jesus once said:
"Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar and God what belongs to God"
Mark12:13-17

This is a very very fundamental question, i am surprised you are not getting or understanding its significance.
I'm surprised you see any significance in this at all when we're talking apples and oranges!!

Neo,

Nationalism and Religionism dont go hand in hand in various of point existence of a nation in our modern times. This were the crux lie.

Hi.

I didn't have much to say for so long, but now after a few comments from Pakistanis I think I have an observation to make.

I think Pakistani's will make a subtle choice between nation and religion depending on what suits their circumstances. Strategic depth and not Islam was important so long as those Mullah Talibs ruled Afghan with substantial support from Pakistan. No jeehad against Taliban for indulging in unIslamic acts. Nation first.

So are we to assume that the whole Pakistani nation passively encouraged acts very much derogatory to Islam ?

No Pakistani would accept that, Ofcourse.

It's silly to say they don't choose between religion and country. They do. In a rather subtle manner.Sometimes a third or fourth element can also creep in. Ethnicity or the national obsession with Kashmir.

Ethnicity was adopted to handle EP in 1971. The short dark rice eating non-sense we hear. UnIslamic acts, ofcourse. Nation first or ethnicity first or the racial superiority theory first ?

They're still stuck with the jugular vein aka Kashmere....

"Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar and God what belongs to God"
Mark12:13-17

Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar, when God is not looking, and God what belongs to God, when Caesar is not looking.:agree:

If both of em ain't looking, cheat.

Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar, when God is not looking, and God what belongs to God, when Caesar is not looking.:agree:

If both of em ain't looking, cheat.
Now you sound like the Pharisees Jesus was replying to...:lol:

The relevance of this thread, Neo, is to ascertain the identities of people who live in Pakistan. Whether they are first Muslims or first Pakistani's. This is a very very fundamental question, i am surprised you are not getting or understanding its significance.

i too dont understand the significance my friend......u, being an indian, should only be concerned with my nationality, not my religion.....for u, my being a Pakistani should be enough, as ur being an indian is enough for me, for the time being.......once people get close to each other, only then should the religion question be asked, not before.

Now you sound like the Pharisees Jesus was replying to...:lol:

meh...i'm was just sitting here and wondering...what if something belongs to both - loyalty for instance ? And you see the result. Cheat'em buggers both.

i too dont understand the significance my friend......u, being an indian, should only be concerned with my nationality, not my religion.....for u, my being a Pakistani should be enough, as ur being an indian is enough for me, for the time being.......once people get close to each other, only then should the religion question be asked, not before.

Well said Doc! :cheers:

meh...i'm was just sitting here and wondering...what if something belongs to both - loyalty for instance ? And you see the result. Cheat'em buggers both.

Sam,

The answer can only be given on individual base, you can't generalise when it comes to loyalty to God or State.

Sir Murad is a military professional, his first loyality is to the state by profession. Does it make him less in eyes of God?

I too as a civilian will defend my country and my religion at all times without having to judge my priorities. Does it make me less patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom