What's new

'Most in Arab world want nuclear Iran'

Democracy in the muslim world is America's worst nightmare.

Actually, Democracy in the muslim world would be the wests best dream ever. Iran is suppose to be a democracy, yet it's leader rigs the elections and is now a dictator. The whole region is destabilized because of this.

I find it amazing that people in this thread are actually saying Iran having nukes is a good idea.

It's like saying it's a good idea for terrorists to have nukes. Iran and it's leader have expressed on numerous occasions their desire to nukes countries like israel as soon as they get nukes, they for the hell of it.

Countries like shes need to be stopped for having nukes.

Recall Florida in 2004 presidential elections, recall the US supreme court verdict? A stolen election? - - and now they want lecture Iran on elections?

Lets keep our focus, the thread is about "Most in the Arab World want a nuclear Iran" -- now, why do you suppose they want that?? What kind of message is that to arab leadership, to the US?

Actually, Democracy in the muslim world would be the wests best dream ever.

Your naiveté is charming. It's much easier to bribe/cajole/threaten one dictator to keep his people under wraps, than it is to control a freely democratic nation.

Egypt's Hosni Mubarak doesn't get $2 billion/year from the US for his good looks. The tin pot Arab dictators get to squander the lion's share of the oil wealth while their countries have zero long term planning. Once the oil is gone, it's back to camels and tents for them.

The only two countries in the region who are trying to be self-sufficient and are planning for their future are Turkey and Iran. Go figure!

I find it amazing that people in this thread are actually saying Iran having nukes is a good idea.

When there's a mad bull loose in the neighborhood, it's best to be prepared.

Last edited:
Survey in the Arab world/...that would be useful if the Arab nations were democracies.It means nothing there.

Survey in the Arab world/...that would be useful if the Arab nations were democracies.It means nothing there.

Democracy in middle east , too bad Iraq came out to be a bad example of Democracy for others in ME :hitwall:

i have no concern with this survey but times Arabs should nuclear themselves

Nuclear Weapons alone are not all for a credible Detterent. A nuclear Power which maintain a credible Detterent, need Satelitte and Ground based Early Warning Systems to detect a possible first Strike. They also need Submarine based second - Strike Capabillity. Arab States need for a Detterent against the US ICBM Missiles which have MIRV Capabillity.

In my Opinion going for Nukes makes for Arabs no Sense, they have weak industrial Capabillities and less experience in Terms of R&D. Building up a strong Nuclear Force would also need Huge amounts of Money.

seems theres disparity between ''official'' vs. ''the street''

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

in all honesty, I don't feel comfortable with Iran attaining the bomb....not with their current political setup.

It wont be good for the power balance in the region

I really dont understand some things about the Iranian govt. Even the Khomeini said that nuclear weapons are haram. Iranian govt. insists they are doing it solely for ''peaceful energy'' which is absolute rubbish. We know what is their objective.

so why would Khomeini release statement YEARS back and then these guys undermine his statement?

come clean!!

Nuclear Weapons alone are not all for a credible Detterent. A nuclear Power which maintain a credible Detterent, need Satelitte and Ground based Early Warning Systems to detect a possible first Strike. They also need Submarine based second - Strike Capabillity. Arab States need for a Detterent against the US ICBM Missiles which have MIRV Capabillity.

In my Opinion going for Nukes makes for Arabs no Sense, they have weak industrial Capabillities and less experience in Terms of R&D. Building up a strong Nuclear Force would also need Huge amounts of Money.

Thats the problem. They can afford all these pre-requites for going nuclear or to say maintain a credible deterrence BUT again the question is the when the pre-requisites are controlled by west and US how can Arabs attain that

?

Thats the problem. They can afford all these pre-requites for going nuclear or to say maintain a credible deterrence BUT again the question is the when the pre-requisites are controlled by west and US how can Arabs attain that

?

I'm confident when a Arab State will go for Nuclear Weapons the US will Start a War destroy Infrastructure and Military of this State.

This is a well known fact that most Muslims and Arab would welcome nuclear Iran. The dictators in Muslim countries and their sycophants are supporting US Zionist policies towards Iran. Democracy in Arab world will create pro-Iran governments. That is why US never advocated democracy in Muslim countries.

This is a well known fact that most Muslims and Arab would welcome nuclear Iran. The dictators in Muslim countries and their sycophants are supporting US Zionist policies towards Iran. Democracy in Arab world will create pro-Iran governments. That is why US never advocated democracy in Muslim countries.

I think most Arabs are glad that someone affront the US and Israel in middle East, sunni Arabs don't want Shia Supremecy in Middle East.

Nuclear weapons at the hands of the current administration of Iran is just asking for trouble. No one should be looking for nuclear weapons just to have them unless an enemy country starts it which forces you to counter with your own. Iran is forcing countries to react and leading themselves to big danger.

Democracy in the muslim world is America's worst nightmare.

It seems to be the muslims worse nightmare too.

What a lot of people dont understand about Democracy.

"Democracy Requires Minority Rights

Yet majority rule can not be the only expression of "supreme power" in a democracy. If so, as Tocqueville notes above, the majority would too easily tyrannize the minority. Thus, while it is clear that democracy must guarantee the expression of the popular will through majority rule, it is equally clear that it must guarantee that the majority will not abuse use its power to violate the basic and inalienable rights of the minority. For one, a defining characteristic of democracy must be the people's right to change the majority through elections. This right is the people's "supreme authority." The minority, therefore, must have the right to seek to become the majority and possess all the rights necessary to compete fairly in elections—speech, assembly, association, petition—since otherwise the majority would make itself permanent and become a dictatorship."

Democracy therefore requires minority rights equally as it does majority rule.

"...as democracy is conceived today, the minority's rights must be protected no matter how singular or alienated that minority is from the majority society; otherwise, the majority's rights lose their meaning" Iran is a good example.

Democracy Web | Majority Rule, Minority Rights: Essential Principles

Iran with nukes can cause hell in all countries with sizable shite populations. Saudi Arabia is top of that list.

Iran is forcing countries to react and leading themselves to big danger

That's a interesting point -- how is Iran "forcing" other countries to react to what is for Iranians to decide? After all, would you say that Israeli development of nuclear power "forced" Iran to do likewise?

If yes, then shouldn't pressure be on Israel to denuclearize ? thereby allowing Iran to do so? Or perhaps "leadership" from others will show the way forward?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom