What's new

Medical Advice

Liver transplants are not authorised in Pakistan, even SIUT does not do them - please check before you give such large amounts of money to anyone

Both Hospitals said that they will issue a letter for the embassy and it will be easy to obtain Indian visa on medical grounds mentioned in the letter. Gangaram Hospital said that there are many Pakistani patients in their hospital. The payment is made once you are there and you are hoping to undergo the transplantation process so I guess the money is safe and the total payment of about 1.7 million Indian rupees will be made before the operation

Edit: Like Roybot said, I am talking about Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi - not in Lahore

Zakii - once again, please tell your father about his suspected disease and prognosis.

There will be Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance (five stages of grief).

He will be upset, and he will need time to resolve it. Give him that time.

Respect him.

May be he won't want any treatment at all!

Both Hospitals said that they will issue a letter for the embassy and it will be easy to obtain Indian visa on medical grounds mentioned in the letter letter. Gangaram Hospital said that there are many Pakistanis patients in their hospitals. The payment is made once you are there and you are hoping to undergo the transplantation process so I guess the money is safe and the total payment of about 1.7 million Indian rupees will be made before the operation
Edit: Like Roybot said, I am talking about Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi - not in Lahore
If possible, take contact info of any previous patient they have treated and have made their contact number available for reference.

Previous patient can guide you regarding many stuff regarding all official and financial matters and assistance in better order than you yourself will attempt which may take more time.

Both Hospitals said that they will issue a letter for the embassy and it will be easy to obtain Indian visa on medical grounds mentioned in the letter. Gangaram Hospital said that there are many Pakistani patients in their hospital. The payment is made once you are there and you are hoping to undergo the transplantation process so I guess the money is safe and the total payment of about 1.7 million Indian rupees will be made before the operation

All right, I didn't know there was a Ganga Ram in New Delhi -

Good luck with that!

Zakii - once again, please tell your father about his suspected disease and prognosis.

There will be Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance (five stages of grief).

He will be upset, and he will need time to resolve it. Give him that time.

Respect him.

May be he won't want any treatment at all!
That's what I know, he won't want any treatment at all... that's not what we want

Last time when he had Hepatitis C, he was literally dead from the soul and didn't want to be treated. He survived last time and now the hope is alive again. I don't want the hope to die so soon... So far we haven't even conducted all the tests - and awaiting for final verdicts from the doctors. He wasn't even co-operative to go for medical tests fearing he might learn about a major desease

If possible, take contact info of any previous patient they have treated and have made their contact number available for reference.

Previous patient can guide you regarding many stuff regarding all official and financial matters and assistance in better order than you yourself will attempt which may take more time.

Very good advise, I hope there is any way of finding out the contact numbers of patients who were treated in the hospital. Pakistani patients is top priority - yeah good advise - thanks

Sorry, forgot to add, previous patient FROM PAKISTAN.

That's what I know, he won't want any treatment at all... that's not what we want

What you want is irrelevant. Truth be told.

It's his body, you don't even know how much pain he will be in. May be he doesn't want his misery prolonged.

Do things that will make him happy, don't be selfish.

What you want is irrelevant. Truth be told.

It's his body, you don't even know how much pain he will be in. May be he doesn't want his misery prolonged.

Do things that will make him happy, don't be selfish.

He will be happy if his children's are married soon. My elder sister is also going to Pakistan with me... We want to live with him peacefully - get all the tests done without telling him. once the situation for liver transplantation or the ending time is near - we could tell him so he does not die all of a sudden. He will have a time to think about what he wants to do in the ending days of his life. But we want to spend some good time with him before........

Hain ! I thought that they were conducted at Sheikh Zayed Medical Hospital Lahore ! :blink:

But donor apnaa lanaa partaa hai !

Yeah, but it did its first operation in August even though it was opened in February this year.

A liver transplant is not child's play- you need to have expertise in handling it.

It's the post-op care that is exhaustive.

Also survival chances are not that great if done locally.

SIUT is the largest transplant centre in Pakistan, and they only did trials of liver transplant and decided to wait till they have perfected it.

He will be happy if his children's a married soon. My elder sister is also going to Pakistan with me... We want to live with him peacefully - get all the tests done without telling him. once the situation for liver transplantation or the ending time is near - we could tell him so he does not die all of a sudden. He will have a time to think about what he wants to do in the ending days of his life. But we want to spend some good time with him before........

Once again, he will have to hear it and better tell him now.

What your doctor has done is completely unethical and unprofessional.

Under the PMDC rules, the patient is theone who decides who gets to know about his disease.

If he requests he be not told about the disease prognosis, then he won't be. But he will know the diagnosis.

Yeah, but it did its first operation in August even though it was opened in February this year.

A liver transplant is not child's play- you need to have expertise in handling it.

It's the post-op care that is exhaustive.

Also survival chances are not that great if done locally.

SIUT is the largest transplant centre in Pakistan, and they only did trials of liver transplant and decided to wait till they have perfected it.

My Dad's a Professor of Gastroenterology & Hepatology over there & hes been part of the Post-Operative process as a Physician & Hepatologist ! If I understood him correctly it was the continued ineptitude of the Hospital Administration & the lack of funding from the Government not to mention the devolution from Federal to Provincial Government that is ruining a perfectly well setup Transplant Unit over there.

Hes recommended most of his patients to both India & China routinely ! But the preference is usually abroad because of extremely good Post-Operative care but the aforementioned Asian countries are catching up real quick.

Once again, he will have to hear it and better tell him now.

What your doctor has done is completely unethical and unprofessional.

Under the PMDC rules, the patient is theone who decides who gets to know about his disease.

If he requests he be not told about the disease prognosis, then he won't be. But he will know the diagnosis.

He will know it. Abhi sab se pehle reports to aa lain... I pray ke pehli reports hi ghalat hon --- Aameen - Summa Aameen

Zakii, I'm sorry to hear about your father's ill health. I completely understand your state and the reasons for not telling your dad but everyone here is leading you on in your own enthusiasm to do everything you can which in many ways than one is your own way of overcoming your sadness.
I'm no doctor but I have to agree with Elmo. Although, I would wait until you get your 3rd, 4th, 5th opinion from as many doctors but do tell. Acceptance of this disease will not only heal him but his acceptance will also heal you in some way.

Sorry if I sound blunt but wanted you to think differently. Please do plan for what can be done and what you can do but also be prepared for somethings you can't. Again, sorry for your dad and your family. Hope and Pray that all of you come out fighting.

How about having a chat with your local doctors in the UK and then maybe you can look for other options.

Narayana Hospitals,Banglore is also a reputable hospital.Give them a call and if necessary email/mail them the medical records so that they can get you back with an assessment.Most of the hospitals will help you in arranging a visa.

Look for NABH Accredited hospitals in India.

How about having a chat with your local doctors in the UK and then maybe you can look for other options.

Narayana Hospitals,Banglore is also a reputable hospital.Give them a call and if necessary email/mail them the medical records so that they can get you back with an assessment.Most of the hospitals will help you in arranging a visa.

Look for NABH Accredited hospitals in India.

Please send the email address or website if possible. i will mail them when I wake up... I am now too tired and will need a break soon

I just spoke with Ganga Ram Hospital and Dr. A.S. Soin's clinic.

Both doctors spoke to me very patiently and I was really happy to speak to them. Ganga Ram hospital gave a quotation of roughly 19,000 lakh rupees including all the tests and the operation while the Dr A.S Soin's clinic said they would charge about 50,000 USD.

I think the first priority is my father's safety and my own or family member's safety and hopefully after obtaining all the reports from Pakistan I will speak to them again. That Chennai hospital is also the best? strange every hospital is claiming to be the best in India.. If you have more details about this hospital please do forward it to me.

I have never been in such a situation which I am suffering from right now

Thats bcoz of increased competition here but that doesn't mean they don't have qualified doctors rather i think would provide u best of the services to further improve there brand image for international patients...

Best way to find which one is best is to get details about there past experience like no, of cases handled n their success rate or if possible talk to any previous patient, if u have any doubts....

If u finalize any hospital lets us know, as if u select Delhi or some Tamil hospital there r lot of local members here who might arange more info for u help u n ur family if u come here...:)

Back
Top Bottom