What's new

Medical Advice

Maybe Chinese members would be able to help you with that. Open a thread in the Chinese section, contact them via pm, Chinese Dragon etc. Hong Kong maybe another option.
thanks for the good advice, my brain isn't working at all. Yes I will send them a PM now. Please name the chinese members in this forum I can't remember many members right now
Zakii - mate - My boss is a Chinese American from Tianjin and another colleague who sits next to me is a Chinese(dunno where he is from in China) - I will find out whether my boss can help find information for you first thing tomorrow morning(U.S time) - Anyway I will shoot off an email to him tonight. Let me know what else you would need for that hospital besides website and contact information.
Thanks a lot bro, Please do ask him as much information as he can gather. I am not sure what else to ask but if possible send the document I uploaded in the first post to him and ask him to see if he knows any doctor personally who might be able to help me out. Any type of help is the best favour you will ever do to me in your life
By the way have your doctors in Pakistan recommended liver transplant?
They are awaiting for more test reports before they make a final decision. But the doctor did tell him that about 90% of his liver has already been damaged and the doctor feels he would eventually recommend for the liver transplantation.

Thanks a lot for the link. We are not worried about money right now even if we have to sell our house. Couple of years for my father's life is worth everything (and I am not trying to be a daddy's best child)

First of all, sorry to hear that, cancer is quite tricky to defeat and hope you guys doing well.

But i need to say you should tell your father the truth, i know you want your father to get well, but what he want is the most important things, you need to be frank with him. I have a friend who died from Cancer at ages 34, their family spend every last dollar try to asve him. He don't know about it but when he knew, he got quite mad at his family for ruining their life trying to save him......

HE need to decide if he wanted the treatment and cancer treatment can be quite painful as well, not to mention costly...So your father need to know the truth and decided on his own.

zakii bhai--i have heard that Apollo hospitals are best in India, and, this is what i found on their website.

Milestones

"Apollo hospitals has the fastest growing Liver Transplant program in India with the biggest cadaver program for liver.
Over 500 Liver Transplants performed with a success rate of 90%.
Apollo Hospitals performs 537 liver, kidney and heart transplants in 238 days making ours the second busiest transplant program in the world.
In less than three years since inception, the team at the Apollo Centre for Liver Disease and Transplantation, Chennai completed over 100 Liver Transplantations in June 2011, marking a noteworthy first-of-its-kind milestone in the city of Chennai.
The First successful pediatric and adult liver transplants in India were carried out at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi in 1998. Since then, there has been no looking back, and today we have one of the most successful liver transplant programmes in South Asia. Some of its landmark achievements are:
First successful pediatric liver transplant-1998
First successful cadaver liver transplant-1998
First successful combined liver-kidney transplantation-1999
First successful left live donor-liver transplant (pediatric) for FHF-1999
First successful re-transplant-2002
First pediatric cadaver transplant-2007
Youngest liver transplant in India-2008
Performed as many as 250 Liver and Kidney transplants in the year 2009.
Has one of the country's busiest and rapidly growing Pediatric Liver transplant programmes.
First of its kind Comprehensive Organ Transplant program commenced at Apollo Hospitals Chennai.
Apollo Hospitals Ahmedabad and Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals Kolkata commence Liver Transplant programmes.
"

any way, here is the link
Apollo hospital

another one
Global hospitals

Center for excellence in liver transplant surgery

about the cost:Now, liver transplant is affordable

zakii bhai , this could be perhaps the best link i can give you, it's PAK health care center advising Pakistanis about liver transplant in India, they have also given the cost of it, go through this, might prove helpful

PAK health care centre

First of all, sorry to hear that, cancer is quite tricky to defeat and hope you guys doing well.

But i need to say you should tell your father the truth, i know you want your father to get well, but what he want is the most important things, you need to be frank with him. I have a friend who died from Cancer at ages 34, their family spend every last dollar try to asve him. He don't know about it but when he knew, he got quite mad at his family for ruining their life trying to save him......

HE need to decide if he wanted the treatment and cancer treatment can be quite painful as well, not to mention costly...So your father need to know the truth and decided on his own.

Whatever little penny we have is due to the father. We will eventually tell him but I think he is become too weak to accept such a reality.

Thanks a lot for the advise

@Safriz bro, hepatitis B,C doesn't occur by drinking or eating ..... only hepatitis a and e, but they don't lead to cancer!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zakii brother all i can say i the most important thing is maintain a positive attitude towards life, it is also now scientifically proven to speed up recovery so i would suggest that make sure that u n ur family maintain a very positive enviroment atleast in front of ur father n brother, tell them all the stories u can get on Cancer survivors from Lance Armstrong to Yuvraj Singh n make them believe that its very much possible to defeat Cancer with modern medical care n techniques, as other than treatment a persons self will to survive is very much important so don't let them lose hope...

God Bless ur Brother n Father n hope Almighty gives u n ur family patience n courage to face these bad times...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spoke with Ganga Ram Hospital and Dr. A.S. Soin's clinic.

Both doctors spoke to me very patiently and I was really happy to speak to them. Ganga Ram hospital gave a quotation of roughly 19,000 lakh rupees including all the tests and the operation while the Dr A.S Soin's clinic said they would charge about 50,000 USD.

I think the first priority is my father's safety and my own or family member's safety and hopefully after obtaining all the reports from Pakistan I will speak to them again. That Chennai hospital is also the best? strange every hospital is claiming to be the best in India.. If you have more details about this hospital please do forward it to me.

I have never been in such a situation which I am suffering from right now

Both doctors spoke to me very patiently and I was really happy to speak to them. Ganga Ram hospital gave a quotation of roughly 19,000 lakh rupees including all the tests and the operation while the Dr A.S Soin's clinic said they would charge about 50,000 USD.
I think the first priority is my father's safety and my own or family member's safety and hopefully after obtaining all the reports from Pakistan I will speak to them again. That Chennai hospital is also the best? strange every hospital is claiming to be the best in India.. If you have more details about this hospital please do forward it to me.
Liver Transplant Surgery India,Price Liver Transplant Bangalore India

Call: +91 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
Email : info@wecareindia.com (Preferred)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)

Its 10:15 a.m in India now. You should probably call them after 30 mins or so.

Apollo Hospital, Chennai is also quite famous and well known.

Apollo Hospital Delhi India,Cost Apollo Hospital Delhi India,Apollo Hospital

If you need more info, let me know. Whatever these hospitals claim, let us know so that we can try to verify with our sources.

Once you pick the hospital, let us know then too.

I will look in to the Indian hospitals as well

Please look at www *** ilbs *** in in Delhi.

Not a doctor, but I can give you some idea of liver hospitals in Delhi.

Cost:
Private Hospitals (Fortis, Max, Vedanta) approx 40lakhs
ILBS 25-30 lakhs

Doctors at ILBS are good, but post recovery (prevent infection) private hospitals are better.

Please get liver tests done at a hospital/diagnostic center. If after that also you are unsure, only then go for biopsy- which is quite a painful procedure- needle to the liver and all that, last step in the diagnostic process.

A biopsy is not necessary if the clinical, laboratory, and radiological data suggests cirrhosis.

Liver transplants are not authorised in Pakistan, even SIUT does not do them - please check before you give such large amounts of money to anyone

Liver transplants are not authorised in Pakistan, even SIUT does not do them - please check before you give such large amounts of money to anyone

Hain ! I thought that they were conducted at Sheikh Zayed Medical Hospital Lahore ! :blink:

But donor apnaa lanaa partaa hai !

I think he is talking about the Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi.

Back
Top Bottom