What's new

Maybe we have forgotten Kashmir?

I liked the way how the writer gave actual examples for what he wanted to say, the new generation is not blood thirsty about kashmir but is just stringing it along, and the old men of difa e Pakistan try their best of keeping the issue alive bcos neither the present nor the future Govt or the PA is too keen on it and rather put it away for the time being.

ironically though.. there are Pakistanis who are working in India where they have beaten the competition..
people like Shafqat amanat , Ali Zafar.. and Atif.. are some names.
Sir, artists from both side of the border have huge fan following in other country. But if you look at how Mona Lisa, Ali Zafar, Veena malik have been treated especially on the talk shows, by their own people, so many accusations and bashing is not good for artists of Pakistan to get more involved in Indian Cinema and Music Industry.

Even if you look at Youtube videos where such bashing is done, you will see Indians defending these artists whereas Pakistanis calling them worst names. Such blatant and pathetic comments are made on the show that Indians actually feel bad for these artists. I don't say you stand for Veena or Mona Lisa, may be people have their own views regarding their exposure in India but when you see Ali Zafar being drilled for no apparent reason, one thinks that may be Pakistani people should change their views regarding their artist working in India and should see it as growing influence of Pakistan in Indian entertainment industry.

Similarly, Bollywood is watched by many Pakistanis and it has helped in reviving Pakistani Cinema owners and has now put some pressure on Pakistani film makers to improve their quality to make classic movies like "Khuda Ke Liye" and those of golden age of Pakistani cinema back in 60s.

I personally think that Pakistan can use Indian influence in other countries as a medium to extend its own culture. Its like using the flow of air and add your scent to diffuse quickly in the environment. Like Pakistani singers have great good platform in India, their fan base in India will definitely make them famous among NRIs and hence in other part of the world.

China has been great ally of Pakistan but its Indian film industry which is growing in popularity at decent rate.

And its beneficial for India too. Considering Pakistan's close connection to many Muslim countries through language and culture, co-production can not only help in spreading our sub-continent culture, improve Pakistan's image and soft power but also will be financially beneficial for entertainment industry of both the nation.

I think there is need to re-evaluate approach by Pakistani institutions and industries like Film Industry to go with the global trend and look beyond the usual skepticism and work towards cooperation.

Even in that context, which you are right is probably what it is but not seen thanks to the OP's needless bold and color rubbing it in... it is a little extreme. Pakistanis are interested in jobs.. but the value of India as a threat is yet to die down to that level where it may be said safely that I would rather work there or otherwise.

ironically though.. there are Pakistanis who are working in India where they have beaten the competition..
people like Shafqat amanat , Ali Zafar.. and Atif.. are some names.

All true.. The phrase "Being held hostage by our history" comes to mind ....

Sir, artists from both side of the border have huge fan following in other country. But if you look at how Mona Lisa, Ali Zafar, Veena malik have been treated especially on the talk shows, by their own people, so many accusations and bashing is not good for artists of Pakistan to get more involved in Indian Cinema and Music Industry.

Even if you look at Youtube videos where such bashing is done, you will see Indians defending these artists whereas Pakistanis calling them worst names. Such blatant and pathetic comments are made on the show that Indians actually feel bad for these artists. I don't say you stand for Veena or Mona Lisa, may be people have their own views regarding their exposure in India but when you see Ali Zafar being drilled for no apparent reason, one thinks that may be Pakistani people should change their views regarding their artist working in India and should see it as growing influence of Pakistan in Indian entertainment industry.

Similarly, Bollywood is watched by many Pakistanis and it has helped in reviving Pakistani Cinema owners and has now put some pressure on Pakistani film makers to improve their quality to make classic movies like "Khuda Ke Liye" and those of golden age of Pakistani cinema back in 60s.

I personally think that Pakistan can use Indian influence in other countries as a medium to extend its own culture. Its like using the flow of air and add your scent to diffuse quickly in the environment. Like Pakistani singers have great good platform in India, their fan base in India will definitely make them famous among NRIs and hence in other part of the world.

China has been great ally of Pakistan but its Indian film industry which is growing in popularity at decent rate.

And its beneficial for India too. Considering Pakistan's close connection to many Muslim countries through language and culture, co-production can not only help in spreading our sub-continent culture, improve Pakistan's image and soft power but also will be financially beneficial for entertainment industry of both the nation.

I think there is need to re-evaluate approach by Pakistani institutions and industries like Film Industry to go with the global trend and look beyond the usual skepticism and work towards cooperation.

The cream of Pakistans enntertainment industry alternatively works in India too, their top ghazal singers, artists etc are routinely employed in India, similarly there are opportunities in other fields, people attending campus interviews in India get 25-30 lacs annual packages, lot of western folk work in India's service industry and hospitality industry. I have seen a lot of Sri Lankans working in India, a lot of Nepalese obviously work in India, so do Bangladeshis in the lower category albeit illegally, so its no different for Pakistanis to find employment in India, specially designers, models, cooks, doctors, consultants, artists etc.

I agree with the last part, that letting go of Kashmir for now is better for Pakistan..

And give your rivers to india. :tdown:

257717,xcitefun-indus-river-map-1.jpg

Seriously?

Why do you think Pakistan wants kashmir?

I liked the way how the writer gave actual examples for what he wanted to say, the new generation is not blood thirsty about kashmir but is just stringing it along, and the old men of difa e Pakistan try their best of keeping the issue alive bcos neither the present nor the future Govt or the PA is too keen on it and rather put it away for the time being.

lol, Lt. Gen Hamid Gul who is in Difa-e-Pakistan is one of the most respected statesmen and army officers in Pakistan.

I've talked to everyone in Pakistan, and I have yet to see anyone disagree with his views.

Do you know what his views on Kashmir is. lol :lol:

Go youtube it. lol.:lol:

I like how you expect your enemy to be a gentleman and wait till you finish one war, so you can wage another.

Don;t worry, interesting times are coming a head, as USA accepted Taliban as a reality.

:lol:

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT POST 2015.

THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT PLACE NOW. LOL :lol:

2012 is almost over. Just 2 more years to go till its 2015.

I like how you expect your enemy to be a gentleman and wait till you finish one war, so you can wage another.

The war in Afghanistan was not Pakistan's war to begin with. That was USA's, and we all know what is happening now.

The cream of Pakistans enntertainment industry alternatively works in India too, their top ghazal singers, artists etc are routinely employed in India, similarly there are opportunities in other fields, people attending campus interviews in India get 25-30 lacs annual packages, lot of western folk work in India's service industry and hospitality industry. I have seen a lot of Sri Lankans working in India, a lot of Nepalese obviously work in India, so do Bangladeshis in the lower category albeit illegally, so its no different for Pakistanis to find employment in India, specially designers, models, cooks, doctors, consultants, artists etc.

Thats ok, We don't want your Indian entertainment. Just keep it to yourselves.

As for those Pakistani actors/actresses or artists who go to India, its just for money. Nothing more or nothing less.

lol, Lt. Gen Hamid Gul is one of the most respected statesmen and army officers in Pakistan.

I've talked to everyone in Pakistan, and I have yet to see anyone disagree with his views.

Don;t worry, interesting times are coming a head, as USA accepted Taliban as a reality.

LETS SEE HAPPENS NEXT POST 2015.

Well, enjoy the wait.. I do remember the similar euphoria among members like you in early 2011 when USA was supposed to exit as per earlier plan.. We all know how that went.. And if you are insinuating that Pakistan will slip back into trying cross border terrorism in Kashmir, then also we all know where that has led Pakistan to. And if I listen to some of your brethren on this forum, it seems India is paying back pretty well in the same coin (and probably with some interest :) ) .. So be careful what you wish for.. You may get it ;)

Well, enjoy the wait.. I do remember the similar euphoria among members like you in early 2011 when USA was supposed to exit as per earlier plan.. We all know how that went.. And if you are insinuating that Pakistan will slip back into trying cross border terrorism in Kashmir, then also we all know where that has led Pakistan to. And if I listen to some of your brethren on this forum, it seems India is paying back pretty well in the same coin (and probably with some interest :) ) .. So be careful what you wish for.. You may get it ;)

Be careful for what you wish for. How Indians are being slaughtered in Afghanistan. :lol:

Don't you know the Muslims in Afghanistan? They don;t really accept anything UnIslamic. :lol:

That includes Hindus. :lol:

lol Karan, the Taliban are coming back in Afghanistan. And believe me they want to settle score once and for all with those who rode the backs of NATO. That includes you buddy, poor old India.

India won't have an influence in Afghanistan. Do you know the personal views of the Pathans in Afghanistan.

Go there and see for yourself. LOL

No matter how much propaganda Indian on huffington post and AFP wmay propagate about "India's economy" and how they can do stuff in Afghanistan.

The Taliban don't give shi* about India.

Their priority is to have good relations with Pakistan and the other Stans first.

Why would they dump Pakistan for India? Tell me? Are there not alternatives to India like China. :lol:

China can offer the Afghanistani people better stuff.

Sorry but India has lost this one. lol.

Be careful for what you wish for. How Indians are being slaughtered in Afghanistan. :lol:

I'll see your Indians killed in Afghanistan and raise you 10 times Pakistanis killed in Pakistan ;)

Dont try and play maths on terrorism victims... Your numbers are very weak... ;)

Don;t you know the Muslims in Afghanistan. They don;t really accept anything UnIslamic. :lol:

We have enough Muslims of our own to influence Afghanistan ;)

Don't you know the Muslims in Afghanistan? They don;t really accept anything UnIslamic. :lol:

lol Karan, the Taliban are coming back in Afghanistan. And believe me they want to settle score once and for all with those who rode the backs of NATO. That includes you buddy, poor old India. :lol:

India won't have an influence in Afghanistan. Do you know the personal views of the Pathans in Afghanistan.

Go there and see for yourself. LOL

Admittedly, my interaction with Afghans is not a scientific poll. But from my interactions, they hate Pakistan more than they hate India - if they do indeed hate India. It is one thing to have a friendly regime, another to have a friendly population. The Shah of Iran and USA were allies but the the Iranians hated the Americans. Simply because the Taliban were your allies doesn't mean the people of Afghanistan loved you or thought of you as allies.

lol, Lt. Gen Hamid Gul is one of the most respected statesmen and army officers in Pakistan.

LETS SEE HAPPENS NEXT POST 2015.

I would appreciate normal Pakistanis opinion and Hamid Gul and his cotery have extremist views and represent the Jihadii group, and even on this forum a few saner Pakistanis advocate peaceful discussed resolution for the issue and feel it should not come between relations,
and again there's the aggressive jihadii bunch.

We only hope for Pakistans and its future's sake that the jihadii bunch does not influence and overpower the saner people of Pakistan.

So in the end it really depends on who all comes under that everyone you seem to have spoken to.

and what do you think will happen in 2015? I hope u are not expecting Zaid Hamid on his white horse starting the Gazwa e Hind campaign with his lightened sword conquering red fort.

Back
Top Bottom