mahindra-diablo-1.jpg

Mahindra MOJO
mahindra-mojo-front-cross-side-view.jpg
mahindra-mojo-left-view.jpg

Last edited:
^
Tata Motors to launch Aria on 11th October :yahoo:

Tata-Aria-front-300x200.jpg

Tata Motors have officially announced the launch date of their most awaited MPV, Aria. Tata Aria will be launched on 11th October and will be available in major Indian cities from the same day. First unveiled at the 2005 Geneva Auto Show, Aria will be the most advance product Tata has ever manufactured.

It is rumoured that Aria has been given finishing touches by none other than engineers from Land Rover, making Aria a more polished vehicle. We also believe Tata Motors to manufacture 2011 Tata Safari on the same platform as Aria’s. The base variant of Aria is expected to cost approximately around Rs 9.5 lakhs while the higher end will cost you Rs 12.5 lakhs approximately.

Tata Aria will be armoured with loads of gadgets like, GPS, parking sensors, dual AC, climate control, steering wheel with audio controls, airbags, alloys and ABS. A 2179 cc 2.2L diesel engine will provide 120 bhp @ 4000 rpm making Aria a powerful MPV. A total of 7 passengers can travel Aria which is 333 cms long and 171 cms wide.

-----------------------------------------
Looks even better than the prototype, no?

I have test driven the Aria. 3 rd row has bad leg room. It is superloaded with features though. Since it was not a production car, the GPS was not working yet. I lost count of the number of storage spaces in the car. They also skipped putting a dead pedal next to the clutch which was annoying given that they are going to price the top variant of the car in the Rs. 15 lakh range. Will I shell out that kind of dough on a Tata Car? Doubtful. But it is still pretty brave of them. Maybe 2-3 yrs later, I might consider spending 15lks on a Tata car.

"I own a 1957 Vauxhall Wyvern and 1961 Standard herald Mk1"

@ Trisonics
Hi, the Standard Herald was quite a nifty and sporty looking car in its time. Had one as college student.And probably the first Indian car with bucket seats and a stick shift. Was quite popular with my girl-friends.
Yes, if you looked at cars available before the 1970s there was a larger choice for the consumer. When i was growing up it had to be between the amby and the padmini :(

Nice to know you owned this beauty:tup:

The first thing i did was to take off the roof, later a friend drove it into a truck and turned it into scrap-metal. Long time owners had a harrowing time if they ever broke the rear (split) axle, which was another speciality of the car. Another thing that i remember was the polished wooden dash-board fascia with the original 'Smiths' instruments.
Yeah all you need to do is unbolt 7 nuts to get the roof off :what:
wooden dash-board was and is a pain to maintain
Was'nt it called the Triumph Vitesse in the UK?
Actually no.. it was indeed called the Triumph Herald..Vitesse was born from the herald.. The vitesse design with 4 head lights did come to India as well but it was continued to be called the Herald in India

Herald
250px-Green_co.jpg

Vitesse
250px-1970.triumph.vitesse.convertable.jpg

The images I posted of the two cars are not mine..mine are in pretty bad shape and currently undergoing restoration from ground up.. My cars have AP registration since I have a friend there who helped me find them.. So what other cars did you get to drive that are not available now? Always fun to chat up with somebody who has knowledge about these cars :tup:

-------------------------
Audi+ Jaguar+ Infinity=Indian car.:rofl:

Jaguar is now owned by Tata along with Land Rover..The American Giant Ford sold out Jags,L.R., and Aston Martin and Vehicle manufacturers like Tatas who are new in this field Does have better Management strategies than your GAS GUZZLERS :rofl:

Last edited:
Jaguar is now owned by Tata along with Land Rover..The American Giant Ford sold out Jags,L.R., and Aston Martin and Vehicle manufacturers like Tatas who are new in this field Does have better Management strategies than your GAS GUZZLERS :rofl:

Engines, a niggling little detail ...

Has anyone ever heard of the famed LAND ROVER engine? Not!

Considering that Land Lubbers have been around for .. forever, what about the engine?

Pssst ... no engine!

Always ... LR's were always fitted out with American Buick engines.

So if Tata outfits LR's with thier complicated Mercedes derivative engines, who's the greater fool?

An LR with a Tata engine for the 3'rd world, at 3'rd world prices! Unbeatable combo.

Best of both worlds mesays, as long as price is right. Whynot? Keep the brand, flog the legacy-factor, British pedigree ... blah-blah ... meanwhile ... plonck-in Pune made Tata engine, then hyper-fragment, expand and flog the brand like crazy.

I say keep the 'lites, Made-in-Coventry, UK stuff for guys who pay valuable hard cash, and the 'Made-in-Pune, India' models with Tata engines for the hehe ... 'box-wallahs'/Dhobi-ghat types.

India auto industry coming along nicely thank you very much, now M&M got Ssangyong!

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom