What's new

list of Chinese administrative divisions by GDP in 2012

A true insight into Chinese economy.

In your view, what different statistical methods and where and how and to what purpose the double counting is done?

You are true mate, Lot of the GDP data is related to Infra. development(Build more and call it a economic growth) which is not the actual GDP growth. :cheers:

These provincial growth numbers need to be cut by 3-4%.That would be much closer to the reality.

Hey guys, dont mean to spoil the party, i just noticed that the growth percentage given for each province when added together and calculated the average value, it would not be the value for a sum, ie China as a whole.

If you look at the numbers, most are above 7, some by quite a large margin, and only one is below 8. No way the middle value of those numbers is 7.8. Unless there are more provinces that didnt make the list due to bad performance.

Thanks for any clarification.

1) yes, guess some provincial data could be over estimated

it is a part of political competition, as listed as "factor c" below

2) statistical experts have listed three factors

a.首先是统计口径不同。国家层面的统计抽样系统相对独立,因而相对更客观;
First, different statistical standards. The national level of statistical sampling system is relatively independent, and therefore relatively more objective

b.其次是技术原因。地方核算的样本是按照生产的最新产品来计算,而全国作为一个大市场,产品的跨地区流动使得一地的最终产品成为其他地区的中间产品,这体现在GDP中会使得部分地方数据超过总体,这样的技术原因导致的差异属于合理范围;
Due to technical reasons. Local accounting sample is calculated in accordance with the latest products of the production, and the country as a big market, the trans-regional flow of products makes the final product of the one place to the other intermediate products, and will be reflected in the GDP, which makes parts of data faster than overall this causes the differences in a reasonable range;

c.此外,行政干预导致某些地方存在数据虚高现象也是地方高于国家的原因之一。
In addition, administrative intervention led to inflated statistics. However, in order to ensure true and accurate data, the National Bureau of Statistics is taking serious actions on this issue.

You are true mate, Lot of the GDP data is related to Infra. development(Build more and call it a economic growth) which is not the actual GDP growth. :cheers:

I don't know where you learn your economics from, but for rest of us, the standard formula for GDP is GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports). So those Infrastructure projects fall under either gross investment or government spending. I failed to see this is not economic growth. If people in charge of economic development in India learns his or her economics from the same place as you do, then it will make a lot of sense of why India is falling behind in the basic infrastructure development.

I don't know where you learn your economics from, but for rest of us, the standard formula for GDP is GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports). So those Infrastructure projects fall under either gross investment or government spending. I failed to see this is not economic growth. If people in charge of economic development in India learns his or her economics from the same place as you do, then it will make a lot of sense of why India is falling behind in the basic infrastructure development.

I am talking about Infrastructure development which will help the GDP growth, not about the targets set by CCP because of that lower establishment will build Ghost towns and shopping malls and try to exaggerate real figures of growth.

I am talking about Infrastructure development which will help the GDP growth, not about the targets set by CCP because of that lower establishment will build Ghost towns and shopping malls and try to exaggerate real figures of growth.

Infrastructure + Skilled People = Growth
Infrastructure + Ghost = Ghost Town

%B6%BA%C3%A81.gif

In fact, our local government does not want to focus on GDP growth,
but GDP is still one main criteria in the political competition. low GDP growth = no promotion.

hate this...

201252715201046726.gif

:azn:why do you worry about the so called GhOST TOWNs for us when we Chinese don't care of it.
20 years ago when the first Jinan-Qingdao expressway(4 lanes) built, many people said it is a big waste of money for hardly seen any cars running on it. guess what happened after that! the second line(6 lanes) finished in 2007 to ease traffic pressure of the old one,and now the first one is being broaden to 6 lanes and will be finished in 2015.about the ghost towns ,can you predict what will happen in 2 or 3 years?

:azn:why do you worry about the so called GhOST TOWNs for us when we Chinese don't care of it.
20 years ago when the first Jinan-Qingdao expressway(4 lanes) built, many people said it is a big waste of money for hardly seen any cars running on it. guess what happened after that! the second line(6 lanes) finished in 2007 to ease traffic pressure of the old one,and now the first one is being broaden to 6 lanes and will be finished in 2015.about the ghost towns ,can you predict what will happen in 2 or 3 years?

Thing is CCP will set some bench mark for local authorities to achieve, Then the local administration is given some funds, The local administration will build infrastructure and even though it is not useful for current time. So the Local administration will account this infrastructure development as GDP growth there by misleading the CCP.

The result is stagnation of funds for Years(poor investment) and unsure whether the infrastructure can be used in future.

Thing is CCP will set some bench mark for local authorities to achieve, Then the local administration is given some funds, The local administration will build infrastructure and even though it is not useful for current time. So the Local administration will account this infrastructure development as GDP growth there by misleading the CCP.

The result is stagnation of funds for Years(poor investment) and unsure whether the infrastructure can be used in future.

see? you have accustomed to a govt of no long-term planning. and you wonn't vote for the politicians who have a big plan.that is why when Chinese struggled for food ,you were strggling for food ,too. when Chinese struggle for cars, you still are stuggling for food.

You are pathetic all the time and many of the cheerleaders from your country too!

How many “ghost towns” are there? How many does each of these ”ghost town“ cost? How large is China's economy? How many of these “ghost towns“ will be collapsed and be written off after they're built? What are the losses and gains in the pipeline?

In fact, our local government does not want to focus on GDP growth,
but GDP is still one main criteria in the political competition. low GDP growth = no promotion.

hate this...

201252715201046726.gif

I dont think the central government is now focusing on gdp alone for a merit assessement. you are outdated and offering baits on a plate for indian trolls!

see? you have accustomed to a govt of no long-term planning. and you wonn't vote for the politicians who have a big plan.that is why when Chinese struggled for food ,you were strggling for food ,too. when Chinese struggle for cars, you still are stuggling for food.

No your conclusion do not reflect the reality, India is self sufficient for food and even exporting it. Your insight into India is not correct.

Every country have future plans and it is wise investment that will bring benifits, Investing in infrastructure projects that do not bring any benefit to economy and blocks all funds will lead to economic collapse, where are wise investment even though will reduce the growth figures will grow steadily.

You are pathetic all the time and many of the cheerleaders from your country too!

How many “ghost towns” are there? How many does each of these ”ghost town“ cost? How large is China's economy? How many of these “ghost towns“ will be collapsed and be written off after they're built? What are the losses and gains in the pipeline?

I dont think the central government is now focusing on gdp alone for a merit assessement. you are outdated and offering baits on a plate for indian trolls!

I have nothing to hear from a delusional Chinese here, You have a poor judgement.

The cause of the provincial figures and national figures which do not tally is due to " transfer costing/pricing" in cross-provincial trading. Both sources provincial and country are okay in general!

No your conclusion do not reflect the reality, India is self sufficient for food and even exporting it. Your insight into India is not correct.

Every country have future plans and it is wise investment that will bring benifits, Investing in infrastructure projects that do not bring any benefit to economy and blocks all funds will lead to economic collapse, where are wise investment even though will reduce the growth figures will grow steadily.

I have nothing to hear from a delusional Chinese here, You have a poor judgement.
Ok, India is self sufficient for food,look at the picture below:Global Hunger Index
800px-Whi2009_karte.jpg

more information about the story of Jinan-Qingdao expressway:Jinan and Qingdao are two second tier city with a distance of more than 300kms .there are 2 National Roads(our national roads is much better than your best roads) 2 expressways and several low level roads(better than many of your roads) linking the two cities.
how many roads linking new delhi and jaipur?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom