What's new

Kya Dilli Kya Lahore

So.............................?

I humbly thank you for such a gratifying comment.

Each of the dots after a Capital ESS and a small o, and the 29 dots thereafter, each representing a millennial jugglery of historical reflections and when enlarged, each represent a phalanx of the Great Roman Legions advancing with menacingly knowledgeable power base towards us poorer than poor remnants of Great Indus Civilisational left behinds.

A very good evening to you indeed. Am I the first cut of the evening!

I humbly thank you for such a gratifying comment.

Each of the dots after a Capital ESS and a small o, and the 29 dots thereafter, each representing a millennial jugglery of historical reflections and when enlarged, each represent a phalanx of the Great Roman Legions advancing with menacingly knowledgeable power base towards us poorer than poor remnants of Great Indus Civilisational left behinds.

A very good evening to you indeed. Am I the first cut of the evening!
Ek simple si movie thread ka kya se kya kar diya...

Actually I gotto disagree. Though states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, UP, Bihar, Bengal etc were also involved in Partition, only a section of Punjabis still seem to harbor the romanticism of United Punjab while others have moved on. Punjabis like Kuldip Nayar, Barkha Dutt, our very own MMS etc can be cited.

Exactly my point. i don't know whats so offensive about it, we simply don't care!!!

that is not quite what I meant. i'm not for a minute romanticizing about united anything. my point simply being we can't actually move on from partition till both sides acknowledge and feel sorry for the tragedy as a whole (without blaming the guys across the border).

You are not listening buddy...we have moved on.

It's just a small minority stuck up in the past....why get all pissed off about it, you can care all you want, we aint stopping you.

The rest of us don't give a ****, and you can't make us.

Sir, the concept of a motor way and an express way is different - however, I don't know about India.

A motorway is supposed to be all the way fenced on both sides. It is supposed to have telephones every some KMs for seeking or passing information about emergencies. Emergency services are supposed to be available after every prescribed KMs. Places for rest are separately earmarked at regular distance. Eating places, quality bathrooms and vehicle repair places are available every 50-60 KMs. If your vehicle breaks down, tow truck is available within prescribed time to tow your vehicle to repair workshops available within the compound earmarked for eating and resting places along with petrol and gas stations - and many more facilities.

All these facilities are available on all Pakistani motorways. The motorway police is much much more effective and very professional indeed.

Currently, the speed limit for light vehicles is set at 120 KM/hour on our motor ways. I hope they increase the limit due to the type of cars now plying on these motorways.
Such kind of organized facilities are not available on Indian expressways, as I knowit.
Some expressways have it, some don't. All expressways are fenced. There is no separate police force though. Expressways come under different state laws. Many expressways are extraordinarily commercialized like.Delhi-Gurgaon expressway. Since expressways of different states.come under different authorities and private companies they are different in the level of services provided. They are however separate from the national highways.

Then they ask themselves why is this fence there??

Well one more state was divided due to Partition - Bengal. But I find this 'romanticism' missing there. Also only a section of people in East Punjab (our Punjab) seems to be bothered about that. Their Punjab, afaik, have moved on.

my point simply being we can't actually move on from partition till both sides acknowledge and feel sorry for the tragedy as a whole (without blaming the guys across the border).

I get your point. But on the flip side, millions of Sindhis, Bengalis also moved from each side of the border and they seemed to have moved on. But the hard truth is, as I said, only few people still linger onto the Partition while most have moved on accepting it a twist in their destiny. And by most I mean those who were actually involved in Partition riots or migration. Not the ones who were un-involved.

Well one more state was divided due to Partition - Bengal. But I find this 'romanticism' missing there. Also only a section of people in East Punjab (our Punjab) seems to be bothered about that. Their Punjab, afaik, have moved on.
Well you got serious issues with Punjabis.This is the nth time........I'm reading your rants about Punjabis............

and jixed Before the advent of Islam, the majority of people in the region of Pakistan practiced Buddhism, Zoroastrianism (and its derivatives like Mithraism, Saurism, Manichaeism, etc.), Animism (nature worship) including Greek/Hellenic Paganism, Shamanism and other deities.

2nd Harappans ate beef, buried their dead, and had no "Hindu" temples/idols/deities so majority of punjabis were buddiusim ..

3rd Mauryan Ashoka introduced Buddhism.

Buddhism was later also propagated along with Zoroastrianism, Animism, Shamanism, and Hellenism under the Bactrians, Sakas/Scythians, Parthians, and Kushans for many centuries.

The pre-Muslim ancestors of most Pakistanis never called themselves "Hindu" nor practised any religion similar to present-day "Hinduism". Thus, the pre-Muslim ancestors of most Pakistanis had nothing to do with so-called "Hinduism".

The fact is there is barely any trace of "Hindu" past in Pakistan region yet there are plentiful of Buddhist and other non-"Hindu" archeological remains in Pakistan region.
When Muslims invaded Pakistan region the majority of its people were Buddhists (as testified in Chachnama), so much so that the word for idol became "budh".

The word/term Hindu/Hinduism is a recent construct. It were the Muslim invaders (Ghorids) who for the first time in history imposed the foreign term Hindu on the many different, unrelated peoples and religions of south Asia. The term Hinduism was given by the British colonialists. Not a single pre-Muslim/British era Vedic, Brahman, Buddhist, Jain, or any other South Asian scripture/inscription mentions the word Hindu/Hinduism. Similarly, Sanata Dharma was a term invented in the 19th century AD by Gangetic Brahmans in their desperate attempt to replace the Muslim/British term Hindu/Hinduism.

Whatever makes you feel comfortable in your skin and enables you come to 'terms' with your identity.

Well you got serious issues with Punjabis.This is the nth time........I'm reading your rants about Punjabis............

Dude I got nilch issues with Punjabis. Why would I ? I'm simply stating what I observe and you are free to ignore that. And I did not even say it is wrong. I just said its curious why a minor section of Punjabis alone cant seem to come to terms with a divided Punjab.

Dude I got nilch issues with Punjabis. Why would I ? I'm simply stating what I observe and you are free to ignore that. And I did not even say it is wrong. I just say its curious.
Oh! This movie got nothing to do with Punjabis neither the discussion but It's pretty funny how you interlinked these things.

Oh! This movie got nothing to do with Punjabis neither the discussion but It's pretty funny how you interlinked these things.

No I did not link nor did I start. Go back to see who started. I guess it was Abhishek_ and Bandit. I joined later.

I just said its curious why a minor section of Punjabis alone cant seem to come to terms with a divided Punjab.
Which division are we talking about the one in 1947 or the one in 1966.....Anyway Karthik,I wasn't expecting you to be talking about Nostalgia.

Back
Top Bottom