What's new

Kya Dilli Kya Lahore

Which division are we talking about the one in 1947 or the one in 1966.....Anyway Karthik,I wasn't expecting you to be talking about Nostalgia.

'47.

Arre bhai...66 is just an internal re-drawing of state boundaries...**** happens. Even TN state was formed we lost some areas, we gained some areas and there are still some 'disputed areas'. :D..That doesnt matter.

Regarding nostalgia..I get what you mean..;) There is a crucial difference. There was no mind-numbing violence in that scenario and anti-pathy. I can explain you the difference if you want.

'47.

Arre bhai...66 is just an internal re-drawing of state boundaries...**** happens. Even TN state was formed we lost some areas, we gained some areas and there are still some 'disputed areas'. :D..That doesnt matter.

Regarding nostalgia..I get what you mean..;) There is a crucial difference. There was no mind-numbing violence in that scenario and antipathy. I can explain you the difference if you want.
Well I wont comment on the redrawing part because it's a long discussion.

The nostalgia will always be there until people kept on following the Punjabi culture and language.Your comparison with Bengali's doesn't work in this context because they have their own culture and culture impacts on how you think and the way use perceive things.
But has the Punjabi nostalgia ever harmed the interest of the nation in any way that everyone goes on a witch hunt looking for Punjabis.

Well I wont comment on the redrawing part because it's a long discussion.

The nostalgia will always be there until people kept on following the Punjabi culture and language.Your comparison with Bengali's doesn't work in this context because they have their own culture and culture impacts on how you think and the way use perceive things.
But has the Punjabi nostalgia ever harmed the interest of the nation in any way that everyone goes on a witch hunt looking for Punjabis.

What witch hunt are you talkin about?

how can you speak on behalf of all Indians from all religions/castes? Did they all came in your dreams and told you to represent all of them on PDF : :p:D

Actions speak louder than words....

I dont need to speak for any Indians....simply look at the number of Indians applying for Pakistani citizenship vs. Number of Pakistanis looking to become Indians.

Should tell you enough about the validity of my statement

How can you tell .... I may know more than you do.

You are right, I agree with you.

According to the same link, There 11 under construction and 6 are approved. This being an old list, more are on their way.
Mumbai has 130 under construction and 56 proposed approved!!!!
List of tallest buildings in Mumbai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, you need to understand that each city has particular needs and a traditional construction character. People in Pakistan generally avoid living in highrise multi-story apartment buildings. A city like Lahore doesn't have many highrises because owning a separate house is sought more than an apartment in a highrise. This trend though has picked up of-late in Karachi because of expanding city and problem of space. The highrises are coming up and would be constructed according to the needs.
They are not all residential....there are commercial ones too..

Why doesn't Delhi have so many highrises or some of the other Indian cities. Probably the same reason as I explained above.
Delhi is getting 80 floor 300m tower and 100 floor 400 m tower at noida..
banner.jpg

Even this metro rail in Lahore will not be constructed. Instead, a massive Lahore Bus Rapid Transit Plan project is nearing completion. It will help a great deal to alleviate the rush hour traffic problems and transportation of people in large numbers.

we are having BRT for smaller cities..they have smaller carrying capacity than metro....
'Massive' lahore BRT is 32 km...
look at ones underconstuction for tier3 cities in India

Surat BRTS 30 km(phase 1)
Indore BRTS 120 km
Rajkot BRTS 29 km(phase 1)
Pimpri-Chinchwad Bus Rapid Transit System(112 km)
Visakapatnam BRTS(42 km)

You have seven times the population of Pakistan and just have 31.5 GW as against 19.5 GW in Pakistan. More plants are being installed to improve the capacity. Logically, as per the population and industrial requirement, Indian should have, comparing Pakistan, 19.5 x 7 = 136.5 GW capacity equivalent. You need much much more than what you have to cope up with the demand.
You blind???
India=205 GW
Pakistan 19.5

India poduces 10 times power for 8 times population...

Haven't seen many Indian roads without potholes
Have you travelled through all Indian roads:rofl:

Golden quadrilateral and North south east west corridor itself is 13000km of 4/6 lane roads...seen those....????
Lahore has a 6 lane ring road and many inner six lane roads as well. So does Karachi and Islamabad etc.
Delhi has 80 km+6/8 lane + service lanes ring road...
Mumbai cant have ring roads but have 8-10 lane+service lane in city expressways...
a tier 3 city like mysore have 40 km 6 lane + service lane ring roads
Lahore is 4/6 lane road of 43 km
Look at this -hyderabad ORR 160 km 8-12 lane +sevice lane
DSCN2975.jpg

You don't have a motorway in India. Pakistan has many.
In India they are called Expressways...
In India there are more highways without Expressway tag but with interchanges ,service lane and fences...

Please do not compare Indian roads with those of Pakistan's. Pakistani roads are definitely better and India needs to catch up in this regard.
Lolz...we have 13000 km of 4/6 lane national high ways under Golden quadrilateral and North south east west corridor itself...
800px-DelhiFlyover_EDITED.jpg

image001.jpg

consider more NHs,state highways tooo....

Your railways is way ahead of Pakistan - no doubt. Give credit to Laloo Prasad.
Whine whine and whine:argh:

Yeah, because most of Pakistan's air ports are already way ahead of India in provision of facilities and almost all regards.
Joke of the Day!!!!!!
look at Karachi airport ahead with 'provisions'!!!
Karachi-Terminal-00138.JPG

Trivandrum airport(tier 3)

23wuul4.jpg

Hyderabad airport
2-Hyderabad-GMR.jpg

Which are better???
No you are not upstarts unless you behave like one. The problem is that most of you here however, do behave like upstarts. Upstarts - like those who have seen some money for the first time and go bonkers.
what the heck do you mean????

GIFT_large_.jpg

Yeah ..... ha ha ha .... we have many like these photoshop jobs.
GIFT city Under construction....

scaled.php

Now.......???
And what is this, may I ask. Harappa or Moenjadaro in the midst of a modern metropolitan city eh.
Now?????
Mumbai?s biggest slum redevelopment plan gets going - Times Of India

ha ha ha ...... We will bring our Metro trains when these would be needed.
You even have such a project????

Actions speak louder than words....

I dont need to speak for any Indians....simply look at the number of Indians applying for Pakistani citizenship vs. Number of Pakistanis looking to become Indians.

Should tell you enough about the validity of my statement

Khas kam jahan pak.

Back
Top Bottom