What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
For how long the educated, intelligent and open minded Indians are going to deny facts??

Please open your eyes and see what Kashimiris want.

Facts??
There are several facts and several versions of of same facts .

Yes,we can see what kashmiris of Srinagar wants and also hindu Kashmiri pandits who are driven out of Srinagars wants....what ppl living in jammu and Ladakh want.

We know they want freedom to start a new country .So what??

Some sikhs in indian punjab want free khalistan.So what??

Some Assamese want free Assam.So what??

Now those who dont know india is already a free country with every citizens free to live the way they want to.I dont think u get more freedom in a new separate country.

But just because u say 'Allah hu Akbar'and wear turban or u look mongolid that doesnt give the right to demand a separate country.

If india start paying attention to every trivial voice of separatism and making new countries then it would break in to 400 hundred pieces.

And Those banana republics will probably be ruled by some stooge dictator with US or chinese oversight making them hardly free and barely a country.

Last edited:

....this is what you claim!!! How do you know that for a fact?

I can ask the same ... how do you know that Kashmiris want to be a part fo India??

If Kashmiris were in support of India then trust nme this issue would have been killed by the West a long time ago.

US envoys and EU leaders all talk about this as a dispute because they know this is a dispute and they understand the support Pakistan has in teh IHK.

Do you see similar demand from Kashmiris in Pakistan??

I really find it hard to reconcile Kashmiri Pundits and Kashmiri Sufi Islam existing peacefully within Pakistan society, as of today. (not a flame bait, trolls refrain please)
And trust me, I know!

Musharraf regime offered 7 different options to teh Indian govt. keeping all issues in mind but Indian leadership couldn't react fast enough and Musharraf faced political issues at home.

Solution for Kashmir can't be one sided and it will certainly not be a win win for anyone BUT it will be a solution which will bring peace to this region.

What % of a billion is 200 peeps? Hmm......thats what we call chicken feed....

Besides I hardly think burning the tri color and chanting anti-India slogans will get them anywhere......3 wars, armed militancy, attacks on civilians and government institutions could not "free" Kashmir.....what makes anyone think this will do the trick?

Good to see that eductaion didn't do much demage to your brain :)

200 human are not part of the billion population. Pls show some decency and avoid arrogance in your posts as your arrogance and rude behaviour will not take India anywhere either.

This is very important becasue at this point violence is very low in Kashmir ... this is the face of Kashmiris who were born and brought up in Srinagar and that didn't change there point of view either.

The presence of thousands of Indian forces with latest equipment, the extra judicial killings of Kashmiris, the raps of Kashmiri women, the killing of Kashmiri youth in fake encounters. and so on.

After so many decades still India failed to curb voices of freedom rather its not freedom its strugle for getting back their own land which was occupied by India.

Violence breeds violence.....Had there been no militancy sponsored by Pakistan in Kashmir, we probably would not need to spend our hard earned money on maintaining military in Kashmir......Why was the face of Kashmir so different before the 80's?
Its very easy to point fingers.......

And about the killings....Im quite sure some there are some atrocities being committed by some "indisciplined" members of the armed force.....happens everywhere....please read about the occupation/seige of Berlin post WWII.....
Im not going to justify it.....
But frankly there is an insurgency.....there will be blood and unless we root out all militants....this will continue......The way Pakistan and its citizens are fighting in NWFP to save their people and their land.....
Indians will continue to protect Kashmir's, kashmiri's and their soverignty......

Yes,we can see what kashmiris of Srinagar wants and also hindu Kashmiri pandits who are driven out of Srinagars wants....what ppl living in jammu and Ladakh want.

We know they want freedom to start a new country .So what??

Some sikhs in indian punjab want free khalistan.So what??

Some Assamese want free Assam.So what??

There is a difference between 'some' and 'most' - Do you honestly believe that only SOME Kashmiris want to part with India?

There are options on the table which will adress the concerns of Kashmiri Pandits as well BUT Indian people need to support the Indian govt. for any resolution and that starts with people like you.

Good to see that eductaion didn't do much demage to your brain :)

200 human are not part of the billion population. Pls show some decency and avoid arrogance in your posts as your arrogance and rude behaviour will not take India anywhere either.

This is very important becasue at this point violence is very low in Kashmir ... this is the face of Kashmiris who were born and brought up in Srinagar and that didn't change there point of view either.

I agree with you here.....In retrospect, it might have been rude of me to call these people "chicken feed".....but frankly my aim was to say that 200 people do not represent the entire Kashmir.....Many members here try to post these reports to almost prove that every Kashmiri wants freedom....and that I dont agree with.....

People who dont respect their motherland dont deserve my respect.....

But frankly there is an insurgency.....there will be blood and unless we root out all militants....this will continue......The way Pakistan and its citizens are fighting in NWFP to save their people and their land.....
Indians will continue to protect Kashmir's, kashmiri's and their soverignty......

That insurgency is at the lowest level and yet you have a hisgh support for Pakistan. Indians need to see this with oopen eyes and understand this with open minds.

That insurgency is at the lowest level and yet you have a hisgh support for Pakistan. Indians need to see this with oopen eyes and understand this with open minds.

Sir let me be as blunt as I can be....with no disrespect to anyone.....

Kashmir's land belongs to India.....you cant claim something that was never your's.......similarly....Kashmiri's have every right over Kashmir....but so does the rest of India and Indians......
I definitely believe that India needs to do more to keep Kashmir safe and win the confidence of Kashmiri's....but thats about it....
Being anti-India and chanting slogans is just going to make these people the outliers among the billion strong India.....

My suggestion to these outliers would be to quit the "freedom" movement and start a movement to restore Kashmir pre-insurgency with development, infrastructure, education, jobs etc for the Kashmiri's.......Isnt that what every human wants?

There is a difference between 'some' and 'most' - Do you honestly believe that only SOME Kashmiris want to part with India?

There are options on the table which will adress the concerns of Kashmiri Pandits as well BUT Indian people need to support the Indian govt. for any resolution and that starts with people like you.

"There are options on the table which will adress the concerns of Kashmiri Pandits as well "

What options are u talking about??

Do u think its easy carve a new nation out of exitsting boundries??

Last time while Bangladesh was created few milions lost their lives.
Before that several more millions of lives were lost while india and pakistan separeated.

To be very blunt and honest,if there going to a separate kashmir then pakistan would have to take few crore indian muslim refugees along with as its communal repercussions would be too dangerous to pathom...we already have the examples of earlier partitions.
Can pakistna handle that??No not at all.

So lets stop living on day dreams whose bigger multitude side effects would be too hard to accept. So i wont pay much attention...
If some kashmiri youth spend time chanting anti india slogan at the behest of his leader after friday prayers.

I think pakistan better stop seeing the future of its country on redrawn borders as there is no future in it.

STAFF WRITER 17:43 HRS IST
Srinagar, Aug 14 (PTI) Police lobbed teargas shells and used batons to disperse a group of youths who set ablaze a tricolour and hoisted Pakistani flags at a few places and raised slogans in favour of the neighbouring country on the occasion of its Independence Day today.

Securitymen swung into action after over 200 youth took to the streets outside Jamia Masjid in downtown Srinagar shortly after Friday prayers, burst crackers and clashed with police personnel, official sources said.

Chanting "Long live Pakistan" and "We want freedom", the youth pelted stones in retaliation to the teargas and cane charge triggering clashes, they said.

As the situation became tense, security reinforcements were rushed to the spot to check violence from spreading to other areas.

fullstory

Look these guys are Pakistanis in heart illegally living in India.
If 5 lac + muslims went to Pakistan in 1947 and and equal number of Indians came from there why dont these guys move over to rawalpindi etc....

After all Sikh and Hindus are still coming over from Pakistan. This option should be there for those kashmir muslims that want to burn the flag and boycott the election and terrorise the majority muslims in the valley to do the same.

See how tolerant we are.....

My suggestion to these outliers would be to quit the "freedom" movement and start a movement to restore Kashmir pre-insurgency with development, infrastructure, education, jobs etc for the Kashmiri's.......Isnt that what every human wants?

I respct your emotions and love for your country but fact of the matter is that MOST Kashimiris don't want anything to do with India.

Don't think from an Indian point of view byut think from a Kashmiri point of view ... Kashmiris have been struggling since the last 63 years and if Kashmir issue is not resolved then there will be another war.

Why go to war when this issue can be resolved peacefully?

Look these guys are Pakistanis in heart illegally living in India.
If 5 lac + muslims went to Pakistan in 1947 and and equal number of Indians came from there why dont these guys move over to rawalpindi etc....

After all Sikh and Hindus are still coming over from Pakistan. This option should be there for those kashmir muslims that want to burn the flag and boycott the election and terrorise the majority muslims in the valley to do the same.

See how tolerant we are.....

Always point towards Pakistan,i aint surprised.These boys are your citizens.:wave:

"There are options on the table which will adress the concerns of Kashmiri Pandits as well "

What options are u talking about??

Do u think its easy carve a new nation out of exitsting boundries??

Last time while Bangladesh was created few milions lost their lives.
Before that several more millions of lives were lost while india and pakistan separeated.

To be very blunt and honest,if there going to a separate kashmir then pakistan would have to take few crore indian muslim refugees along with as its communal repercussions would be too dangerous to pathom...we already have the examples of earlier partitions.
Can pakistna handle that??No not at all.

So lets stop living on day dreams whose bigger multitude side effects would be too hard to accept. So i wont pay much attention...
If some kashmiri youth spend time chanting anti india slogan at the behest of his leader after friday prayers.

I think pakistan better stop seeing the future of its country on redrawn borders as there is no future in it.

Khajur, you dont have to be defensive. The question of new partition does not arises because these guys have no case (they didnt have any even the last time round but they had enough venom then and we were week. but now situation is different ..........)

Back
Top Bottom