What's new

Karachi's Bun Kebabs

well how about the sweet dishes too..!
i love rus malai...and jalebi.. and garam sewai...gulab jamun...

Love all those.
Also, barfis are the same in India/Pakistan for the most part, except for doda barfi.

I never heard of it by that name, although it looks and tastes very very similar to our habshi halwa or multani halwa.

pista and kesar kulfi?

True story: someone started a brand of kulfi called "Sonia's kulfi" in Australia. It tasted a little funny and I realized the ingredients included fish oil. Who the h*ll puts tuna oil in ice cream?

Luckiily, they must have received a lot of complaints, so now they removed it. It tastes fabulous!

Jee aap hukam dain hum Islamabad ki ticket karwate hain :lol: Hum Pakistani khanay peenay ke baray shouqeen hotay hain aap ko pata hi ho ga :rofl:

mere UK immigration ni ho sakte? :rofl:

I have heard Delhi has some restaurants of decedent of Mughal cooks

I have also heard that , Old delhi has some legendry food joints, specially near jama masjid.

There u also have parathe wali gali where u will fing hundreds of different types of parathe's.

Haleem is one of my favourite food

Only if you get haleem without cotton :P

I remember once one "NAEEE" (Chef) came in our house and 10th of Muharram and my mom asked her to make 1 "Daig" of Haleem and he took at least 10 hours to make Haleem. He started like 9PM in the night and next day after Fajar finally it was made.

Haan jee when you convert her into him then indeed it will take two days to cook Haleem :D

Haleem is one of my favourite food

But nowadays peoples make haleem within 1-2 hours and start selling it :devil: Haleem ki matt maar detay hain yeh log :devil:

I remember once one "NAEEE" (Chef) came in our house and 10th of Muharram and my mom asked her to make 1 "Daig" of Haleem and he took at least 10 hours to make Haleem. He started like 9PM in the night and next day after Fajar finally it was made.

And believe me or not that haleem i never eat after in my whole life :smitten:

Then I think Hyderabad is lucky because i have seen myself that they cook the whole preparations overnight in big bhatti's (earthen stoves ) . And they crop up all over the city. In my office the caterer used to prvided haleem. Trust me i never skipped a single day. What great time was that in Hyd, I miss that.

mere UK immigration ni ho sakte? :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: thora mushkil hai --- per mera Pakistan aana zayada asaan rahay ga, agar khana acha laga to UK main CHEF ki waise hi bari kami rehti hai :yahoo: kisi achay se hotel main aap ko bhi lagwa dain ge :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I agree with u but this actually our own fault. The food seller in Lahore will never try to improve his out look. He will never tell his secret recipe. He will never open another branch, never give franchise. And if he opens a branch food quality is down the drain.

yes...generations and generations would cook and serve their splendid recipes in one small dirty shack of a shop...yet they'd not expand business...
no wonder the best authentic food fails to rise above anything more than street food.

Don't you people like 'roll with Keema & vegetables'
wo muje bhe banane ate han :yahoo:

Then I think Hyderabad is lucky because i have seen myself that they cook the whole preparations overnight in big bhatti's (earthen stoves ) . And they crop up all over the city. In my office the caterer used to prvided haleem. Trust me i never skipped a single day. What great time was that in Hyd, I miss that.

And which city you are now ?

you guys fond of butter chicken cooked in red gravy served with butter naans?

Are there any Vegetarian cuisines of pakistan, like in india we have South indian palghat and gujarathi and rajasthani etc are 100% vegetarian ?
And the problem i always have in this region is the dodgy availibility of veggie food. Singapore is ok but anywhere else like HK, china and Indonesia, I go crazy

any one of you been to 'bani' in rawalpindi

I love the nehari with Rogni nan from that part of Rawalpindi :smitten:

Only if you get haleem without cotton :P

Haan jee when you convert her into him then indeed it will take two days to cook Haleem :D

Naee Naee main bhi faraq hota hai

i heard that Naee's recipees were also inherited from Mughals and usually Naee is HE and usually they take lot of time while making food and the food prepared by Skilled Naee, u usually remember for ages

Back
Top Bottom