What's new

Karachi's Bun Kebabs

Montezuma's revenge = traveler's diarrhea.

Americans use the term because people travelling to Mexico often get diarrhea, but it also happens to people travelling to any third world country.

Ahhh...we in India have our own version called Delhi Belly. Pretty giveaway isn't it?

Leaving aside extremely divergent cases like Pathans v/s Tamils, I think if you took an average person from Lahore/Karachi or Delhi/Mumbai, it would be hard to tell them apart. At least I can't tell the difference, although I have met both Indians and Pakistanis who claim they can tell just by looking.

Agree with you. Apart from extreme cases I can't tell 'em apart either.

Just wondering, do people in west Punjab enjoy vegetarian dishes like Saron da Saag? On our side its a delicacy to be cooked in every Punjabi home as soon as the winters commence.

Just wondering, do people in west Punjab enjoy vegetarian dishes like Saron da Saag? On our side its a delicacy to be cooked in every Punjabi home as soon as the winters commence.

Our land is called Punjab Province of Pakistan.

:pakistan:

And if by Saag you mean spinach then yes we Pakistanis eat Saag. I dont know what Saron is.

Our land is called Punjab Province of Pakistan.

:pakistan:

And if by Saag you mean spinach then yes we Pakistanis eat Saag. I dont know what Saron is.
Saron da sag = sarson ka sag. Sarson = Mustard. Yes, its a favorite dish in some areas of Pakistan. Sarson ka saag+bajrey ki roti, with lots of lassi, nothing can beat this.

Now that the competition of "who is the fairest one of them all" is over, let me tell u that the best dish that i have ever eaten is called" painda", aur "suhbat" in urdu........its basically from bannu and lakki marwat. Anyone tried it before?

Also the mutton karahi in namak mandi, peshawar is also a personal favourite.

Nepalese momo are quite good too.

regards,

Do Indians have shami kebab? It is my favorite kebab by far.

I have never found them in any Indian restaurant. In Australia, I only find them in Pakistani restaurants (same with nihari, haleem and paya).

I have an idea Fatman, why don't we start a thread on what things us Indians and Pakistanis like about each other's countries. We could start with Pakistani girls for Indians (no offense but that's an open secret I presume) and Bollywood/movies for Pakistanis.

That would be a welcome change from all the inflammatory threads that have been floating around the last few weeks, don't you think? Or has such a thread already been created?

i dont mind but i love indian 'thali' dish with all kinds of 'dals':smitten:

Don't know if they had any plastic surgeries. Just your theory. And if politicians would be so pretty won't they be in movies?

But one thing is for sure, your bigot-ism has no cure.

some people you can't reason with...quit banging your head against the wall...

I'm not saying Indian celebrities have to look exactly like Indian politicians but atleast they should look like they are the same people from the same country.

For example:

Pakistani Politician:

Pakistani celebrity:

75a8b1c42400a214b53da94b3371a6b5.jpg

Atleast they dont look like they are two different races. They both are from the same country and you can tell. Indian celebrities and Indian politicians look like they are from two different countries (except for sonia gandhi and her son because they're italian caucasians).

yes quite right...we are dark...ugly we stink and fart and are all covered with hair...the day we ask your hand in marriage...take us to the united nations.
but till then talk about all the dishes you like...as long as you are in this thread..

I dont know , but things keep on proping out of my memory and i cant stop my self ,,,!!!
Has someone been to the famous Miaan Ji Hotel near Khariaan Cant which is also renowned for its DAAL . Use to see alot of guys from MCJ there ..! ah beautiful times those were ..!

Oh I love that place. Used to go there alot before I was declared T1 diabetic :D His Achar Daal with paratha ( which we call Parowntha). Kiya yaad karwa diya :cheesy:

Saron da sag = sarson ka sag. Sarson = Mustard. Yes, its a favorite dish in some areas of Pakistan. Sarson ka saag+bajrey ki roti, with lots of lassi, nothing can beat this.

there is a joke about the makke di roti and sarson da sag combo...
during the colonial days the British people used to visit some of the dhabas in Punjab and ask for the famous makke di roti and sarson da sag meal...they'd be served with oodles of desi ghee..once they'd finish they'd leave the extra kadak makke di roti on the plate behind saying here is your plate..!

Do Indians have shami kebab? It is my favorite kebab by far.

I have never found them in any Indian restaurant. In Australia, I only find them in Pakistani restaurants (same with nihari, haleem and paya).

shami kebab is a famous delicacy in delhi...and a rave in lucknow...!
people living in in northern india love the punjabi-mughlai cuisine which i assume is a favorite with you guys too...

Now that the competition of "who is the fairest one of them all" is over, let me tell u that the best dish that i have ever eaten is called" painda", aur "suhbat" in urdu........its basically from bannu and lakki marwat. Anyone tried it before?

Also the mutton karahi in namak mandi, peshawar is also a personal favourite.

Nepalese momo are quite good too.

regards,

:yahoo: you are back. :) i was about to post about painda.

self delete

i don't eat Kababs much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom