What's new

Karachi Violence .. Updates & Discussion ..

MQM suspends/terminates membership of anyone who is found to be violating party discipline depending on their particular cases. For ex. if your area unit incharge is harassing you then he will be kicked out of the party and so on. They try their best to weed out the bad seeds and their process and their discipline is better than any other political party. I'm sure that criminals are also reported to concerned agencies.

Oh really? that is news to me. Perhaps you can explain why Ajmal Pahari, Ishrat Ibad, and many others (including Altaf himself) are still very much part of MQM?

Secondly, why do MQM members have to take an oath such as below?

“I,…believing that Allah is here and watching over me, swearing by His book and my mother, take oath that I shall remain loyal to the MQM and Altaf Hussain for my whole life. I will not take part in any conspiracy, planning or action against MQM or Altaf Hussain and I will not maintain any link with anyone who is involved in any of the acts mentioned above. I swear by my mother that if any conspiracy against MQM or Altaf Hussain or any act harmful to them comes into my knowledge, I shall immediately inform Altaf Hussain or other main leaders, even if the conspirators be my brother, sister, mother, father, any relative or friend…I swear that I shall keep every secret of my party and regard it more precious than my life. I swear that I shall accept Altaf Hussain’s decision as final in any matter and obey all his decisions. If I disobey any of his decisions, I must be regarded as a traitor. I swear that I have and I will have blind trust in party leader Altaf Hussain…May God help me to remain firm and loyal to the MQM.” [From the book: A People of Migrants: Ethnicity, State and Religion in Karachi by Oskar Verkaaik , page 72].

Am looking forward to your factual arguments..

Oh really? that is news to me. Perhaps you can explain why Ajmal Pahari, Ishrat Ibad, and many others (including Altaf himself) are still very much part of MQM?

If you ever face any problems with any MQM worker, just file a written complaint at NINE-ZERO or you local unit/sector office. The complaint must be a written one else it will not be taken seriously. And then see action upon it. This is a fact!

About Ajmal Pahari/Ishrat-ul-Ebad/Altaf Hussain and many others, they are still a part of MQM because they are not criminal elements.

Secondly, why do MQM members have to take an oath such as below?

“I,…believing that Allah is here and watching over me, swearing by His book and my mother, take oath that I shall remain loyal to the MQM and Altaf Hussain for my whole life. I will not take part in any conspiracy, planning or action against MQM or Altaf Hussain and I will not maintain any link with anyone who is involved in any of the acts mentioned above. I swear by my mother that if any conspiracy against MQM or Altaf Hussain or any act harmful to them comes into my knowledge, I shall immediately inform Altaf Hussain or other main leaders, even if the conspirators be my brother, sister, mother, father, any relative or friend…I swear that I shall keep every secret of my party and regard it more precious than my life. I swear that I shall accept Altaf Hussain’s decision as final in any matter and obey all his decisions. If I disobey any of his decisions, I must be regarded as a traitor. I swear that I have and I will have blind trust in party leader Altaf Hussain…May God help me to remain firm and loyal to the MQM.” [From the book: A People of Migrants: Ethnicity, State and Religion in Karachi by Oskar Verkaaik , page 72].

Am looking forward to your factual arguments..

The oath posted above is a myth, a fabrication of the original oath. The oath, in verbatim, is quite straight forward which is regular in most positions of responsibility.

Perhaps you should revisit my post, it provides a clear concise answer to the question you have posted again. However, I have also made clear my reservations over our investigating agencies and ofcourse the courts are only as good as the information they are provided....in any case if the courts are provided false/fabricated information/proof/confessions etc. then the court cannot be blamed for an incorrect decision, the court verdict must be respected.

You have not answered my question either, please answer my question and tell me whether our investigating agencies are morally and politically free of influence? And if they are then why did all these agencies plant the drama about Jinnahpur etc.? How was Bhutto given the death penalty? ....

I asked you for 1 project that Naimatullah initiated that wasn't planned by Farooq Sattar. You gave me none! And Naimatullah was a great mayor as long as he was sure to be in power and initiated some projects but the worst in him came out when he lost the election as just before he left office he opened up 4 major arteries of the city which was not only a nightmare for Karachiites, it was a nightmare for the incoming mayor as well. How that mayor coped and what he achieved is, well we are all witness to that.

3) so you are saying floods of 2007,2008,2009 wereany different? more people died in them! so with that logic this year floods are nothing compared to before!

* SIGH *

Management by city govt. minimized the misery of Karachiites during the tenure of MK, the same dedication has been severely missed by Karachiites after the termination of MK's tenure. I never compared the rains, only the misery, problems and the response of city govt. during MK's tenure and after it.

DHA is not the only agency, there are many more that were not and still aren't under the control of MK.

MQM suspends/terminates membership of anyone who is found to be violating party discipline depending on their particular cases. For ex. if your area unit incharge is harassing you then he will be kicked out of the party and so on. They try their best to weed out the bad seeds and their process and their discipline is better than any other political party. I'm sure that criminals are also reported to concerned agencies.[/QUOTE]

so you basically are beatign around the bush and saying IF the judgement comes in favour of MQM then courts are correct if NOT then you will claim its fabricated fake! bias!

as for political influence by agencies well to be honest i feel MQM was made by army (zia era) and flourished under dictator(musharraf) hence how do you claim MQM is not under influence of the same agnecies it is blaming for political benefits just like every leader blames USA openly only to tell them sir sir behind closed doors.

as for fabricated reporting against MQM even US state department report or 12th may 2007 live footage or confessions by target killers everything to you is false then i am sorry nothing can ever convince you.

2) as for naimtaullah digging up 4 artries of karachi was a genius move! because who ever came next HAD TO REBUILD willingly or unwillingly! a blessing in disguise for karachi people.

3) as for miserys of karachi people after MK well currently the only major misery for karachi people is TARGET KILLINGS! and not rains related deaths (which used to be the case in previous years). hence to be honest mustafa kamal is not missed and rain is a blessing because target killings have stopped.

4) finally MQM expels rogue elements. do you have any proof? because i certainly do have video confessions that were AIRED LIVE ON WORLD TV of target killers saying i am an MQM target killer!

This discussion not gonna end and will not convince. Can we just stop the discussion and move ahead?

Let me sum up. There is no party in Karachi which is innocent, and there is no party in Karachi which alone can be held responsible. So, whoever is found messing the peace of Karachi, should be trialed.

As for Karachi development, we should give credit to both, Nematullah and Mustafa Kamal. Apart from their association with the parties, they are bless for Karachi.

:cheers:

If you ever face any problems with any MQM worker, just file a written complaint at NINE-ZERO or you local unit/sector office. The complaint must be a written one else it will not be taken seriously. And then see action upon it. This is a fact!

About Ajmal Pahari/Ishrat-ul-Ebad/Altaf Hussain and many others, they are still a part of MQM because they are not criminal elements.

Proof of Ajmal Pahari's confession in the video below:

As for the 'innocence' of MQM top leadership - below is the list of cases that were forgiven via NRO...

11.jpg

As I said earlier, do provide some facts to support your arguments - just a simple denial .. really means nothing..

The oath posted above is a myth, a fabrication of the original oath. The oath, in verbatim, is quite straight forward which is regular in most positions of responsibility.

Myth ?? So, I am surprised why no MQM'er sued the author of this book? Also, following is more proof - these oaths were made by 37 members of MQM including Farooq Sattar and Waseem Akhter. This is documented .. so yes this is a simpler version but implies the same thing .. happy if you can provide some arguments instead of just denying like you did earlier...

The press conference was held on July 25, a day after Lahore high court ordered
the release of Afaq Ahmad and others. The press conference went on for two and
a half hours, and all this while a telephone was available to Altaf Hussain in
Abbasi Shaheed Hospital to hear the proceedings live (dailies Jang and Nawa-IWaqt
Lahaore, July 26, 1991). All the 37 members individually read their oaths
before the newsmen. Dr Farooq Sattar said, “if I commit treachery against the
Qauid, I will have denied my paternity”. Wasim Ahmad said, “if I go against the
Qauid. I may not be of my mother” (daily Nawa-I-Waqt Lahroe, July 26, 1991).

When the newsmen objected that they could not sit through the statements,
which were more or less alike, some MQM members retorted by saying, “once
we get a foothold in Lahore, then you will sit and listen, like they do in Karachi”.
This led to a number of journalists walking out of the press conference in protest.

Last edited by a moderator:
This discussion not gonna end and will not convince. Can we just stop the discussion and move ahead?

Let me sum up. There is no party in Karachi which is innocent, and there is no party in Karachi which alone can be held responsible. So, whoever is found messing the peace of Karachi, should be trialed.

As for Karachi development, we should give credit to both, Nematullah and Mustafa Kamal. Apart from their association with the parties, they are bless for Karachi.

:cheers:

i think S.M.R you have summed it up perfectly brother.

9-18-2011_155657_1.gif

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

9-18-2011_155653_1.gif

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

9-18-2011_155644_1.gif

Blast in Karachi’s DHA leaves eight dead

KARACHI: Eight people including six police officers were killed and several more wounded Monday in a car bomb attack targeting a senior policeman in Pakistan’s financial capital Karachi, officials said.

Senior Superintendent Aslam Khan, who was unhurt but whose home was destroyed, told AFP he had been threatened by the Pakistani Taliban and that he was the target of the attack.

“It was a car bomb attack on my house,” he said. “I was receiving threats from Tehreek-e-Taliban. Taliban are involved in this attack.” Khan heads the counter-terrorism unit of the Police Crime Investigation Department in Karachi, investigating Islamist militant cells in the city.

Several neighbouring houses were also wrecked in the attack, private Pakistan TV channels showed, with four cars being badly damaged and a two-metre deep crater left in front of Khan’s home.

“Eight people including six policemen have been killed and several others were wounded. It was a car bomb attack,” Shoukat Hussain, another senior police officer told AFP. “A child and a woman were also killed.”

“We are investigating whether a suicide bomber was riding the car or someone parked it outside the house,” Hussain added.

Simi Jamal, a senior doctor at Karachi’s main Jinnah hospital, told AFP:

“We have received three dead bodies.”

Karachi, Pakistan’s economic hub, is currently undergoing its worst ethnic- and politically-linked unrest in 16 years, with more than 100 people killed in one week alone last month.

The gang wars have been linked to ethnic tensions between the Mohajirs, the Urdu-speaking majority represented by the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), and Pashtun migrants affiliated to the rival Awami National Party (ANP).

The nationally ruling Pakistan People’s Party, which was elected in 2008 after nine years of military rule, insists that civilian authorities are capable of controlling the bloodshed, despite calls for military intervention.

Blast in Karachi’s DHA leaves eight dead | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

< >
May 12 mayhem: Notices issued to Altaf, Musharraf

KARACHI:

The Sindh High Court has put former president Pervez Musharraf, MQM head Altaf Hussain and former Sindh home minister Waseem Akhtar on notice in the May 12, 2007, Karachi violence case.

The court heard an application from Syed Iqbal Kazmi, a representative of the Human Rights Commission of South Asia, seeking restoration of petitions regarding &#8216;May 12&#8217; against the individuals.

The hearing was scheduled for an indefinite date, with orders for the court to hear the case when its turn comes.

On May 12, 2007, 48 people were killed and several vehicles burnt on one of the bloodiest days in Karachi&#8217;s history. The then deposed Chief Justice (CJ) of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry was scheduled to address a rally in Karachi, organised by the PPP, JI and ANP. The MQM, who at the time backed Musharraf, organised a counter-rally, leading eventually to violent clashes between the two sides.

A recent revelation from WikiLeaks has done nothing to dispel suspicions of Musharraf&#8217;s involvement in the May 12 violence. The secret cable told of a conversation between Farooq Sattar, parliamentary leader of the MQM, and Charge d&#8217;affaires of the US Consulate Peter Boday. Sattar is reported to have said that some MQM workers, Musharraf, landlords, Inter Services Intelligence agency (ISI) and other political parties were all guilty of causing or exacerbating the mayhem on May 12.

In a 40-minute phone call, Sattar told Boday that certain members of his party did cause violence on the day, and that the party should consider disarming its militant wing. Sattar also denied that slogans chanted in favour of Musharraf were made on his directions.

The CJ had been due to make an address at the SHC but was prevented from doing so by the mob violence.

A number of petitions, including a suo motu, were filed but proceedings were subsequently dropped after Musharraf declared an emergency in the country and suspended the constitution.

After Musharraf left office and moved abroad, applications for restoration of the petitions were filed. Following a prolonged delay, the cases are now ripe for hearing.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 21st, 2011

Profile: For Karachi’s mean streets, Chaudhry Aslam is a meaner cop

KARACHI: There is only one officer who has the undisputed reputation of being the Sultan Rahi of the Sindh police force and that is Chaudhry Aslam Khan.

The man, dressed as always in his starched white shalwar kameez with open front buttons and a flashy watch, Aslam proved once again on Monday that no one can faze him.

Eyewitnesses say that after the explosion, when a black cloud engulfed the entire neighbourhood, it was Aslam himself who got out first from his bungalow to pick up the dead and injured.

At the time of the attack, Aslam, his wife and children were at home. Even though the front of the house was blown away, luckily, all of his family members escaped serious injuries.

The 50-year-old had only one message for the terrorists who destroyed his home. “I will bury the attackers in the same place here,” he said as he pointed to the 8 by 6 foot crater. “I will not step back. I will carry on with my jihad [against the terrorists] until the day of judgement.”

It has been a long journey for the chain-smoking officer, who rose from the low-ranking position of an assistant sub-inspector to his current rank of senior superintendent of police. Although Aslam didn’t clear the CSS examination that would have made him a prestigious PSP officer, he was promoted each time because he managed to catch the big fish.

Aslam joined the force in 1987. He became the inspector and station house officer for the Kalakot police station in 1991 and then SHO for Gulbahar in 1994. He is one of the few officers left alive among those who participated in the infamous clean-up operation against the Muttahida Qaumi Movement in the 1990s.

In fact, his promotion to deputy superintendent of police (DSP) in 1999 came after he caught the notorious hitman of a major political party, Saulat Mirza, who was convicted of murdering the then managing director of KESC, Shahid Hamid.

In 2005, he was promoted from DSP to superintendent of police after he arrested underworld don Shoaib Khan. As an SP, he headed the Lyari Task Force and went head on to clamp down on the mafia run by Lyari gangsters Rehman Dakait and Arshad Pappu. Dakait was eventually killed in an encounter by a police team headed by Aslam in 2010.

His first assignment with the Crime Investigation Department came between August 2008 and May 2009, when he headed the investigation wing at Civil Lines. (The Civil Lines office was wrecked in a massive car and bomb attack in November 2010.) Aslam rejoined the CID as head of the Counter Terrorism Unit and as chief of the Anti-Extremism Cell in July 2010, a post that he maintains to this day at his office in Garden.

Due to the nature of Aslam’s work, his enemies today are as countless and varied as the techniques he’s used to nab them. They range from the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi to drug-runners in Lyari and militants belonging to major political parties. In fact, this is not the first time that Aslam has survived an assassination attempt. In January 2006, gunmen associated with a major political party attacked Aslam in Defence’s Gizri.

Aslam’s career too has been rife with controversy, the most infamous case of which was that of Rasool Baksh Brohi. In fact, Aslam was sent to Central jail between July 2006 and December 2007 for allegedly killing the man in a fake encounter. While Aslam maintained that Brohi was a criminal wanted in numerous cases, the SSP was accused of killing an innocent man mistaken for notorious criminal Mashooq Brohi. The Supreme Court acquitted Aslam of all charges.

Chaudhry is a decorated grade 18 officer and his achievements include a Pakistan Police Medal, Qauid-e-Azam Police Medal and the Tamgha-i-Imtiaz awarded by the president on March 23 this year. Senior police officer Omar Shahid, who until recently was working with Aslam at the CID before leaving for London on an assignment, said one had to admire the merit of people like Aslam. “If he hadn’t done some big things, the terrorists wouldn’t be after him, now would they?”

Published in The Express Tribune, September 20th, 2011.

i have a question for all my fellow karachities! is this the hated police officer that we want to remove from karachi??? this guy is a living legend!! he has cleaned our streets & protected them for decades! does it really matter if he is not urdu speaking???

i have a question for all my fellow karachities! is this the hated police officer that we want to remove from karachi??? this guy is a living legend!! he has cleaned our streets & protected them for decades! does it really matter if he is not urdu speaking???

I will tell you that this man is nothing more then a hired assassin in uniform. He is famous for his encounters and extra judicial murders during his service (for which he has been amply rewarded), he is most famous for his involvement in the 90's operation against Mohajirs. Almost 200 policemen were directly involved in extra judicial murders and executions in fake encounters during the 90's.....only 4 of them are alive today and that too because their persistent apologies had been accepted. He is 1 of those 4!

Proof of Ajmal Pahari's confession in the video below:

As for the 'innocence' of MQM top leadership - below is the list of cases that were forgiven via NRO...

11.jpg

As I said earlier, do provide some facts to support your arguments - just a simple denial .. really means nothing..

Myth ?? So, I am surprised why no MQM'er sued the author of this book? Also, following is more proof - these oaths were made by 37 members of MQM including Farooq Sattar and Waseem Akhter. This is documented .. so yes this is a simpler version but implies the same thing .. happy if you can provide some arguments instead of just denying like you did earlier...

The press conference was held on July 25, a day after Lahore high court ordered
the release of Afaq Ahmad and others. The press conference went on for two and
a half hours, and all this while a telephone was available to Altaf Hussain in
Abbasi Shaheed Hospital to hear the proceedings live (dailies Jang and Nawa-IWaqt
Lahaore, July 26, 1991). All the 37 members individually read their oaths
before the newsmen. Dr Farooq Sattar said, “if I commit treachery against the
Qauid, I will have denied my paternity”. Wasim Ahmad said, “if I go against the
Qauid. I may not be of my mother” (daily Nawa-I-Waqt Lahroe, July 26, 1991).

When the newsmen objected that they could not sit through the statements,
which were more or less alike, some MQM members retorted by saying, “once
we get a foothold in Lahore, then you will sit and listen, like they do in Karachi”.
This led to a number of journalists walking out of the press conference in protest.

1) I continue to tell you that confessions under duress cannot be trusted as anyone of us would be willing to say whatever is asked of us to avoid torture and yet you continue to post confessions. Dude, seriously, remove the blindfold of hate and learn to listen to the other side.

2) There are many cases registered against every politician including the prime minister and president but we do not call them guilty unless they are proved to be guilty. All political parties acknowledge that cases registered against MQM were political and not factual, perhaps some cases are factual but you cannot be serious when you condemn them with all that you posted. Even today if your hose gets robbed, the local police will only harass you even more and this is the level of our security agencies because most of the time they are themselves involved in serious criminal activities so how can you trust them?

3) There is an oath, a simple one. If anybody adds more to it, why would you blame the original oath? Just an example, Sunni Kalima (first) is extended by the Shia but if you consider that incorrect, can you blame the Sunni or the first Kalima? This is just to be taken as an example and not to burn me with!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom