What's new

Just ordered an IPHONE 5, have I made a bad decision??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest reasons you should consider Android over the iPhone is the Apple Ecosystem. You are pretty much tied down to the iTunes ecosystem. That is really annoying when it comes to music. I pretty much transfer music across multiple devices.

Another point is that while most Android Apps are free, the equivalent Apple Apps are not.
That's exactly why I hate all the 'i' devices. With their ops under their own proprietary ecosystem, it's a bl00dy pain! And highly unfair! This concept sucks! But that's a dandy sales gimmick that seems to be paying off as suckers are a dime a dozen! :cheesy:

6133d1270867429-new-droid-peeing-apple-boot-animation-droid-pee2-blue.gif

Depending on how u answer this question id chose to respond.

Can u still return the device? :D

Depending on how u answer this question id chose to respond.

Can u still return the device? :D

Yep I'm not set to recive it until the 24th of Oct and I can cancel anytime uptil then.

Iphone 5 is the best smartphone out there, however it boils down to the contract you are getting.

With apple you cant go wrong samsungs are good copies of apple products ..

Well Mate, If u' are accessing Maps on apple's new IOs, u will always end up "wrong" !!!

And about decisions, depends on the person....I will never buy Iphone5.

Yep I'm not set to recive it until the 24th of Oct and I can cancel anytime uptil then.

well good.

I do not know how u intend to use ur phone but ill point out y i would chose an Android device.

1. Open source OS continuous improvements. If u dont Like the the GUI go fr "Go launcher Ex" contains the best of every Gui out there even the IOS.the best GUI experience period.

2. No jail-breaking/flashing/rooting warranty issues very easy to flash modded OS kernels and revert it back to stock without much risk of bricking. (though still not recommended).This opens up a host of other options like forcing reduced GPU output to increase performance , running cracked apps.:whistle:

3. Ever increasing Appstore products, most are steadily shifting to the F2p(free to play) model due to the sheer number of downloads which directly translates to the money they rack in through sponsors.

4. Almost all I Phone apps are on Android but not all Android aps are for IOS.

5.The cost of an I phone is much higher for a similar performing samsung or HTC.(last time i compared not sure about the I phone 5 pricing and performance)

6.I heard I phone 5 have an inbuilt battery tht u cant take out? depending on how u look at it ...a privacy issue?

7.I phone is a brand tht has had a mass exodus of customers towards samsung,etc and hence the app market is shifting towards android.

i don't know how u perceive Android as a bad OS but im assuming u operated it when it was still new maybe the 2.3 generation?and tht was really bad.

the new Android oses like ICS 2.4+ etc are topnotch, responsive and optimized.

I have used android gingerbread and ics. Android is too fragmented and cluttered and each and every OEM comes up with their own bloatware. If you really want to buy android then go for Nexus brand. You may as well checkout Lumia 920, pretty good looking phone.

Iphone is the example of perfect sync between OS and hardware, since Apple designs both. Every piece of software fits well together because of closed ecosystem and specific set of hardware and form factors.

I don't own a Galaxy s3, but I have used my friend's. I didn't like build quality and form factor. I hated glossy plastic back.

However it's foolish to spend 50k INR for a phone, if you have good contract then go for it.

well good.

I do not know how u intend to use ur phone but ill point out y i would chose an Android device.

1. Open source OS continuous improvements. If u dont Like the the GUI go fr "Go launcher Ex" contains the best of every Gui out there even the IOS.the best GUI experience period.

2. No jail-breaking/flashing/rooting warranty issues very easy to flash modded OS kernels and revert it back to stock without much risk of bricking. (though still not recommended).This opens up a host of other options like forcing reduced GPU output to increase performance , running cracked apps.:whistle:

3. Ever increasing Appstore products, most are steadily shifting to the F2p(free to play) model due to the sheer number of downloads which directly translates to the money they rack in through sponsors.

4. Almost all I Phone apps are on Android but not all Android aps are for IOS.

5.The cost of an I phone is much higher for a similar performing samsung or HTC.(last time i compared not sure about the I phone 5 pricing and performance)

6.I heard I phone 5 have an inbuilt battery tht u cant take out? depending on how u look at it ...a privacy issue?

7.I phone is a brand tht has had a mass exodus of customers towards samsung,etc and hence the app market is shifting towards android.

i don't know how u perceive Android as a bad OS but im assuming u operated it when it was still new maybe the 2.3 generation?and tht was really bad.

the new Android oses like ICS 2.4+ etc are topnotch, responsive and optimized.

I used android on a HTC ONE and Samsung S3, the OS was fine and responsive, I just couldn't enjoy it or get into it.

I used android on a HTC ONE and Samsung S3, the OS was fine and responsive, I just couldn't enjoy it or get into it

well thts the transitional phase thing maybe , its like ppl using a win 7 shift to a mac or a linux and try to find similarities in quick accessing operations or tools.

in the end its a matter of preference ,my prioritizes might not match urs just presenting u with the android side of things.

im a more specifications kind a person i want the best hardware fr my money ,the Iphone can be a tad bit if "shosha"(showoffy) and fr tht its asks almost 20 to 30% more fr the same hardware.

i run 3 different android devices a S2 a HTC One S and an Optimus prime. im pretty much hooked up on android.

To those recommending a Galaxy S3, you have no taste. The S3 feels like plasticky sh!t. Its touch response surprisingly seems worse than an iPhone and a Nexus 7 tab, though that may be due to the software. Also, ICS still has a bit of lag on even a superphone like the S3.

If you decide to go for an Android phone, get one that will be upgraded to Jellybean (let me assure you, Jellybean blows ICS out of the water in smoothness and speed). HTC one X+ looks awesome.

Samsung S3 feels Great in hand there is nothing plasticiky about it [your invented stupid word] come out of that hole you know you love crapple just say it you are a poor struggling isheep. Galaxy S3 touch responsive is so great that it is termed world's best SmartPhone in 2012 along with Galaxy S2. There is absolutely no lag on Galaxy S2/S3, I have used enough of Samsung products to declare it the best, Samsung sold 25 million S3 only you are in minority who is unable to digest the success mr. isheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom