What's new

Just ordered an IPHONE 5, have I made a bad decision??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has bigger screen, better camera, ios6, better earfones and better looks. On the downside no google maps or even Youtube.

THIS. He pretty much nailed it right there. :tup:

And wrt the Samsung S3, whilst it is a great phine (my dad has it so I've had plenty of time to look over it) with a Quadcore processor and a beautiful AMOLED display I just didn't like it. Like I have said I am adverse to using Android products and whilst it is impressive given the specs for the S3 how light it is I didn't like how light it is (if that makes sense). The lightness coupled with the plastic makes the phone fell cheap IMHO. There is a quality feel to the iPhone. I have heard that the 5 is really light too and given I have never held it I am a bit apprehensive that it won't have the same quality feel of the 4s and other phones.

Yeah it is lighter but remember you can just put a heavy duty cover on it if it makes you feel better. :enjoy:

How hard is it to grab scissors and cut your sim down to size?

You can just update a 4S and you will have the same software features. My friend did it couple of days ago although if you are using an unlocked phone you may have to reunlock it.

Oh glad you understood my post as it was not in English...I have a Jailbroken Iphone 4.

I also have a Windows Phone which just like the iPhone ties you to its ecosystem - Zune. But the interface of the Windows Phone is well and truly unique, easy and beautiful. It is hard to believe that this came out of Redmond and not Cupertino. People keep saying that there are limited Apps in the Windows Marketplace but every App that I have in my Android has a Windows version except the popular game "Words with Friends". Also, having access to Microsoft Office on a Phone is definitely a useful feature for me.
My first choice if I had to sign a contract would be

1. Samsung S3
2. Lumia 920 / 900
3. iPhone 5
4. Blackberry.

Top post!

Stay away from Apple! It is pure evil. Has always been. It's '1984' commercial, even then, would fit Apple much better than its rivals. The 'Think Different' is one of the biggest jokes in the world when Apple followers think so much alike--ask them questions about Apple and non-Apple companies--you will be surprised by lack of depth and diversity of views. SHEEEEPLESSS!!

Also, a time is coming when mostly females will be buying iPhones--male will be too embarassed to hold the 'girly' iPhone in public. It is coming. Slowly but surely.

It has bigger screen, better camera, ios6, better earfones and better looks. On the downside no google maps or even Youtube.

To be fair I'm sure the giant that is Apple will fix the Maps issue within the month and there is a Youtube app avaible to download-it just doesn't come as part of the orginal factory softfare but is no biggie.

I bought my iphone 5 for 60000 inr and the irony is i dont even have a freaking nano sim right now its more like a ipod though ism very very happy with its processor its camera the width of the screen ios 6 is as smooth as you will wish it to be the back feels realy good and its faster than my 4s in every sense

That's ~£700 GBR!!!! Why buy Sim-only? Why not a contract and that way no need for such huge intial outlay? Also I have heard 4G is getting more widespread in India is this true?

How hard is it to grab scissors and cut your sim down to size?

You can just update a 4S and you will have the same software features. My friend did it couple of days ago although if you are using an unlocked phone you may have to reunlock it.

I know one can make micro sim out of normal sized sim, but are not nano sims different (smaller and slimmer? )

Well (not to be crass or anything) but the deal I got was £90 up front for a 32GB iPhone 5 on a 24 month contract paying £34/month with unlimited data (the real clincher for me) 500 free mins and 5000 free SMS on the THREE network. To me this was a really good deal when I compare this to what my sister got ~8 months ago for her 4S. But yes I know you can get significantly cheaper deals that give you more value.

It seem you are existing customer of three and they give good value offer to their existing customers and also real unlimited data without any cap or fair usage policy unlike other non sense of other mobile networks . If you are on their one plan tarrif then you can also tether data with laptop ..no other network give this facility and internet of three is best and faster in UK so its not bad deal, If you would have argue with them little more then your £90 pounds could also be saved..i have some friends with three from last three years and he recently got s3 for 15 pounds a month with unlimited data and 2000 mint, 5000 texts

So far ios6 seems better, u have more options in answering a call. A lil better UI and offcourse its faster than 4s.

What is your take on the Apple map and purple glaring camera issue?
Judging by the general consensus I think it it a bit of hit and miss.

(@ Abingdonboy) As long as you don't mind its size and plasticky chassis, I think the Note 2 is the better buy.

Not only do you get the handy S-Pen for scribbling and annotating with, its CPU is also clocked higher than the Galaxy S3. Similar to the S3, it offers you the freedom to drag and drop files on both its internal and external micro SD card memory. If you get a 64GB micro SD card and couple it with the 64GB internal memory Note 2, you will get a whopping 128GB!

The iPhone on the other hand lacks on file accessibility and storage. Storing and accessing files requires iTunes. Jailbreaking the phone will also lose you your warranty.
Personally, I will not let myself be held hostage by the phone or the 24 months contract.

Unless you're a die hard Apple fan and don't mind issues mentioned above, then the iPhone is probably something that you can happy live with. Afterall, it comes packaged with 'simple and no fuss' user interface, excellent Apple-client support and offers you an impressive array of apps and selection of peripherals.

I know one can make micro sim out of normal sized sim, but are not nano sims different (smaller and slimmer? )

yea they are different..i was even using micro sim of my htc one s in s2 but you have to place it right to make it work..also there is sim adopter..you put your micro sim in it and it will become regular sim..but nano sim never heard this before..stupid apple

Apple followers are sheeps. Everytime they say... 'gosh isn't apple awsome...', I act as if its pretty ordinary, some of the fanboys go mental. :)

Mad tv parody of apple fans (and steve jobs)

Last edited by a moderator:
It seem you are existing customer of three and they give good value offer to their existing customers and also real unlimited data without any cap or fair usage policy unlike other non sense of other mobile networks . If you are on their one plan tarrif then you can also tether data with laptop ..no other network give this facility and internet of three is best and faster in UK so its not bad deal, If you would have argue with them little more then your £90 pounds could also be saved..i have some friends with three from last three years and he recently got s3 for 15 pounds a month with unlimited data and 2000 mint, 5000 texts

Yeah I pay for my sister's iPhone 4S contract on THREE and yes it was because I am an exisitng customer I got this deal. The "all you can eat" data (not unlimited-that-is-actually-limited BS from other networks) was the clincher for me. And yeah I wish I had haggled more but the guy seemed pretty adamanet and I couldn't even budge him an inch on delivery date even tried to BS him but sadly I have to wait almost 3 weeks :cry::cry::cry:

+ your freinds got a damn good deal with the S3!!

Apple followers are sheeps. Everytime they say... 'gosh isn't apple awsome...', I act as if its pretty ordinary, some of the fanboys go mental. :)

Mad tv parody of apple fans (and steve jobs)

The moment you keep a Iphone on your one hand and a Samsung on the other and compare a simple thing like touch for eg..you know you are comparing apples to oranges.

^^^ I know many of the apple products are good, and have high spec, but the company seems to take consumers for ride.
It is perfectly fine to buy iphone because you like it, like the features etc, compared with others and found better, I was just pointing to the fact that some buy only because it is apple product.

Anyway, here is another steve jobs parody, this time more about politics than apple.

Ya its a status symbol for many specially in our region.I know a girl who doesnt have a net pack and uses Iphone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom