JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
eOnA0yu.jpg
r7oFoFb.jpg
sw98dxw.jpg

Index of /wp-content/uploads/2011/08/

turkey

I am also not sure but I think it might be happening as well.

Block-IIs should have:
1. Composites
2. Advance Avionics and Sensors(FLIR and IRST pod under right air intakes)
3. Conformal Fuel tanks along with a retractable In Flight Refueling Probe
4. Local Assembly WS-13(100K.N with TVC)
5. Dual Seat version.

INSHA ALLAH I am sure will be present by the Grace of Almighty ALLAH.
Ameen.

I wish people would not speculate like this, it gets my hopes up, :smitten:only to be dashed by lack of news on the progress of the jft. :what:

Great pics, showing nice clean lines and high quality manufacturing. Just wish to see some of these in a darker and desert camo.

i am just saying based on my experience and of few fellows from airforce. According to them "F-16 is the only potent fighter we have right now"

i am just saying based on my experience and of few fellows from airforce. According to them "F-16 is the only potent fighter we have right now"

By that definition F-22 raptor is the only potent fighter anywhere in the world..
but if it fled and cm drop bombs..it is a fighter and a threat for your enemy...

Your experience is next to zilch, why do you cry out because no where does it say JFT is the replacement of Vipers but to replace old Mirages, Skybolts and Fantans.

You know jack about jets, and claiming to have ghostly friends giving you advice on the aircraft is just adding more weight to your falsehood.

Please keep your rag close to your chest, no one is going to buy it out here, youre yelling in the wrong market.

Your experience is next to zilch, why do you cry out because no where does it say JFT is the replacement of Vipers but to replace old Mirages, Skybolts and Fantans.
okay, but why do you portray it being upgraded to some top notch fighter if it is not so.

okay, but why do you portray it being upgraded to some top notch fighter if it is not so.

This is not a top notch fighter, it is what F-16s was for the US Air force and and F/A-18 Hornet became for the US navy. What Mirage 2000 became for the French. An affordable solution to provide a high cost-performance ratio.

Today JF-17 packs a potent array of weapons suite. It may not be at par with the Eurofighter or Rafale, or late models of the F-16 s because its not meant to be, however it definitely is in the same league as the SAAB JAS-39 Gripen, Mig-29 Fulcurum and F-16s early models.

Read this.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/70114-jft-extremely-close-mig-29-mikhail-pogosyan.html

I would have replied in detail but I don't want to derail the Thread, you can get you answers by going through collective JF-17 Threads in PAF Section. Top notch I do consider it from perspective of PAF as it is going to and is replacing 3 Types in service with better BVR closer to AIM 120 variants/WVR/Radar/EW suite/FBW/powerful computing/relatively lower RCS/more payload than those 3 Types, can carry antiship cruise missiles, possibly Ra'ad and CM-400AKG Hypersonic carrier killer missile if it is not significant development then people can go play pogo.

As Aeronaut mentioned in his post this is what JF-17 is.

@Argus Panoptes...you removed Thanks from Aetronaut :cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HRK
I would have replied in detail but I don't want to derail the Thread, you can get you answers by going through collective JF-17 Threads in PAF Section. Top notch I do consider it from perspective of PAF as it is going to and is replacing 3 Types in service with better BVR closer to AIM 120 variants/WVR/Radar/EW suite/FBW/powerful computing/relatively lower RCS/more payload than those 3 Types, can carry antiship cruise missiles, possibly Ra'ad and CM-400AKG Hypersonic carrier killer missile if it is not significant development then people can go play pogo.

As Aeronaut mentioned in his post this is what JF-17 is.

@Argus Panoptes...you removed Thanks from Aetronaut :cheesy:
@Luftwaffe Where did I remove the Thanks? I can still see it for the post by @Aeronaut above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Then those same fellows should also be able to tell you that JF-17 is very well capable of nailing F-16 in WVR and BVR fights.

What's the capability that the Pakistani F-16's have that this doesn't have? The B-52's have DRFM and a couple of advanced offensive and defensive electronics but other than that, the F-16's offer the same capability the JFT does to the PAF. This isn't a competition to the F-16's B 52. It's a similar capability, only slightly lower in quality but MUCH better and similar for replacing 30 years old Mirages, the F-7's and the A-5's....

The last point is the most shocking one.

Everyone here expected the IFR probe to be installed on Block II, and the time line for Block II was mid-2013, but this statement shows it a couple of years away.

THis could mean one of two things. The IFR is not going to be installed on Block II, or the Block II isn't going to come in another couple of years.

Do not worry about it.

original text:杨伟:在交付巴方的第二批“枭龙”战机里,有具备空中加油能力的战机,这已经包括在签订的合同里。一两年之内,大家将看到具备空中加油能力的“枭龙”飞机出现在巴基斯坦。

It means that Block II is installed IFR .This has been included in the signed contract.
"within 1 or 2 years" In chinese means before next year. You know Produce figher required time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom