What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally unfair to Compare F16 the most successful single engined fighter in the world with the MASSIVE experience amd maturity this brings in the 4th generation tech field. WITH a single engined lightweight fighter only arrived 2 years ago and several years away from full maturity.

If you where looking to PROTECT your skys from adversaries with say mirage2000 or mig29

which would you pick

1. FC1/THUNDER @ $25M EACH OR a 2nd hand used (BUT FULLY SERVICED F16/C/D for the same price)

Depends....

-What if like Egypt a customer does not get any BVR capability..

-What does an ally (like Pakistan) do when it fears that it wont have spares etc in the future [like for PAF in the 90's]

-What does a customer do if USA doesn't agree to provide equipment up to its requirements..

Dealing with the USA isn't that simple as a matter of fact dealing with any nation thats an aerospace veteran isn't simple.
The export versions arn't as good as the version they have in service (usually the case)

The conclusion being...

-Will you pick a brand new capable aircraft with more life which meets your min requirements and you are fully free to use it as you please with less worries about spares etc being unavailable when you need them the most...

OR

-Will you pick an aircraft which has less life, needs overhauling and up gradation to meet your requirements and the threat of being sanctioned and all...

Depends....

-What does an ally (like Pakistan) do when it fears that it wont have spares etc in the future [like for PAF in the 90's]
-What does a customer do if USA doesn't agree to provide equipment up to its requirements..

Dealing with the USA isn't that simple as a matter of fact dealing with any nation thats an aerospace veteran isn't simple.
The export versions arn't as good as the version they have in service (usually the case)
100% right, jf-17 is best of the best for us.
it has great potential to improve

Depends....

But still AIM120 is the most potent weapon in Pakistan Air Force.You can't deny this.I highly doubt Chinese have any real equivalent of AIM120 ( Whcih actually matches the performance of AIM120).

But still AIM120 is the most potent weapon in Pakistan Air Force.You can't deny this.I highly doubt Chinese have any real equivalent of AIM120 ( Whcih actually matches the performance of AIM120).

There have been several claims of SD-10A/B having performance comparable to AMRAAM C's...

However it is not relevant for a customer how good the performance of something is when the customer knows
that it might not even get its hand on such equipment thanks to Global politics

In other words

"Angoor Khatee hain" or "Grapes are sour"

Abdulbarijan.
The conclusion being...

-Will you pick a brand new capable aircraft with more life which meets your min requirements and you are fully free to use it as you please with less worries about spares etc being unavailable when you need them the most...

OR

-Will you pick an aircraft has less life, needs overhauling and up gradation to meet your requirements and the threat of being sanctioned and all...

I AGREE

Hence reason why IAF just selected RAFALE from France for MMRCA and rejected F18 S/H & F16bock70 FOR YOUR REASONS ABOVE.

so since F16s are prone sanctions and USA user restrictions amd monitoring i assume the F16 in PAF was a BAD choice

so since F16s are prone sanctions and USA user restrictions amd monitoring i assume the F16 in PAF was a BAD choice

As far as I know! those 18 F-16s were only to acquaint PAF with state of the art technology world is using and to compare what Chinese has to offer.

Abdulbarijan.

I AGREE

Hence reason why IAF just selected RAFALE from France for MMRCA and rejected F18 S/H & F16bock70 FOR YOUR REASONS ABOVE.

Storm force sir..Your getting way too predictable for a member who is notorious for giving others a hard time... :)

Any ways
Let me explain....

It also depends ... for a customer such as PAF it was good and bad at the same time.

Infact if you look at it we had no other options at all...We desperately needed a higher end platform with good all around capabilities to shorten the huge gap b/w us and IAF.

-What options did we have??

Rafale/EF-2000...Too expensive
Gripen - Not a multi role fighter in its current condition as per AC (retd) Tanvir Mehmood
No Russian fighter because of Indo-Russian ties

SO what are the only viable options left for us??

-Either go for a newer platform in M2K for which the production lines have already been closed

or

F-16 which we have 3+ decade experience on and in time get our entire fleet have a mid life upgrade and get them to the latest standards
(J-10 and other chinese aircrafts not measuring up at the time when PAF signed the deal with the USA)

In doing so we certainly closed a little bit of Gap and together with JF-17 a totally reliable platform with technology know how and future expectation of higher end FC-20 and force multipliers we have moved one step forward in developing a good all around airforce capable of countering any threats....

How Aim120 is a potent weapon? i.e speed, payload or what??
If this is potent
What are the terms and condition for Pak AIM120?? Could it be used on jf17 ??
Could we purchase it and agreement to use these AIM120 on jf17 :close_tema:

At least SD-10 has some good long range advantage compared to its competitors, so kudos to the scientists behind this from both China and Pakistan. :china: :pakistan:

2nltm37.jpg

080228003993231.jpg

What is this?

Its an interesting image.. obviously photoshoped.

What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of having dual tail wings compared to one?

At least SD-10 has some good long range advantage compared to its competitors, so kudos to the scientists behind this from both China and Pakistan. :china: :pakistan:

1202_504029.gif

I didn't know that Pakistani Scientists helped design SD-10...did they really ?

Is this a valid source ? ask abdulbarijan :azn: the creator of video
all the pics in the info pool , if the image links havent become dead yet -- however he has mixed / jumbled pics of different events together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom