What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the length: In the image below, the black line are the overall length = 14.3m and the red are the length of the centre tank.

GwZCn.jpg

If I crop the picture to the red lines, the length of the plane = 656 pixels. Cropping just the length of the centre tank give 230 pixels.
Eu0Me.jpg

By proportion 230/656 X 14.3m = 5.01m

Concerning the width of the centre tank - and look like it pretty much fill the space available:

The wingspan is 9m and equal to 617 pixels. If cropped to just the width of the tank I get 40 pixels. 40/617 X 9m = 0.58m
2CAzv.jpg

How wide is the RAAD?

Concerning the width of the centre tank - and look like it pretty much fill the space available:

The wingspan is 9m and equal to 617 pixels. If cropped to just the width of the tank I get 40 pixels. 40/617 X 9m = 0.58m
2CAzv.jpg

How wide is the RAAD?

Length of Ra'ad is between 4.85 to 4.9 meters. It would fit perfectly over the hard point under fuselage.
No idea about the width, I suggest you to calculate it, the upper and lower value taking 4.85m and 4.9m as length.
Here is a picture you could use. :)
HatfVIIIRaad003.jpg

Length and weight specs of Ra'ad:

d2x8mozz.jpg

(0:05 min)

If Tempest IIs calculations are correct, only the diameter could be a problem for the centerline, while the weight might be too much for the wingstations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Length and weight specs of Ra'ad:

d2x8mozz.jpg

(0:05 min)

If Tempest IIs calculations are correct, only the diameter could be a problem for the centerline, while the weight might be too much for the wingstations.
Wings are widen when Raad is launched .... dont worry it is part of jf17 :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, Not meaning to change the thread; but would any one have a clear 3 view line drawings of the Jf-17 2 seater? I am building a couple of single seaters and would like to add it to the set. I saw a Photoshopped picture of a 2 seat version. but as of yet no line drawings. I am really impressed with the paint jobs that the PAF has on the Thunders; they look really sharp. Thank for your time. Looking forward to reading more. Aeropirate

^^^ There are no 2 seater versions of the Thunders so far in production

Well JF-17 can carry something as big as this :)

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25282%2529.jpg

Raad can be carried on two inner wing pylons and under fuselage station and this is from an authentic source.:tup:
Yes! JF-17 is capable enough to carry RAAD cruise missiles at the three mentioned spots without any problems. The RAAD has been specifically designed to be carried easily by our fighters....:)

Thanks for the quick respons to my 2 seater question. Hopefully PAC will have a 2 seater that I can add to the JF-17 set. as soon as they are done I'll post some photo's.
Thanks again for the up date.
Regards,Aeropirate

Raad can be carried on two inner wing pylons and under fuselage station and this is from an authentic source.:tup:

That means 3 RAADs could be carried at once? Pakistan couldn't be looking for anything more than that ::enjoy:

I don't know if true but an inside source told me that PAF has strategy to attack during the night hours. This is the reason JF-17s are imbibed with capacity to operate at night. If so RAADs and other missile we use must be operate-able at night.

That means 3 RAADs could be carried at once? Pakistan couldn't be looking for anything more than that ::enjoy:

I don't know if true but an inside source told me that PAF has strategy to attack during the night hours. This is the reason JF-17s are imbibed with capacity to operate at night. If so RAADs and other missile we use must be operate-able at night.
Not the three Raad's at time, the weight and drag profile would significantly hamper range. One Raa'd under belly like Mirage would be the way to go.

What does an "all weather day/night" means. Btw night was definitely an advantage when visual detection was necessary, now sensors do that fairly easily, so be it a day or night attack, it wouldn't make much difference.
(Sources dont make such claims, at times i wonder how everybody has a "source" )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom