What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.95 T/W ratio of JF-17 is based on max thrust and we know aircraft does not operate on max thrust and rd-93 can not sustain afterburner for long.. So operating T/W of JF-17 in normal conditions would be 0.80-0.85

How do you know thats true? IMO its just a forum myth, in reality a 20-30second afterburner is enough to dry out two 360 gallon fuel tanks. This assumption might have evolved from some related stories of Mig-29, but the case of Thunder isnt actually the same.

In simple words, PAF would never gamble on such vital element in JF-17. If such problems related to RD-93 exist, we might never have seen 40 thunders leaving the production lines.

yes pakistan's website has old data , i think of prototype1

It was updated and made some changes, but the thrust remains the same and is still around 84kN only, the 98kN in that graphic by the key forum member is just a fake spec. As explained earlier, RD 93 is based on RD 33-3 series and is older than the latest MK verison, so only future upgrades of RD 93 based on the MK can get it to the advertised thrust range of Klimov.

How do you know thats true? IMO its just a forum myth, in reality a 20-30second afterburner is enough to dry out two 360 gallon fuel tanks. This assumption might have evolved from some related stories of Mig-29, but the case of Thunder isnt actually the same.

In simple words, PAF would never gamble on such vital element in JF-17. If such problems related to RD-93 exist, we might never have seen 40 thunders leaving the production lines.

I guess he meant that this is the TWR with AB thrust, but normally fighters opperates with dry thrust, unless they have Supercruise capabilities, so this TWR is limited to a certain time.

But the client for whom this site is made is not stupid. May be its a policy not to reveal the actual potency of the jet but publically what we have is what we have.

if client is not stupid then whats the purpose of hiding such details from common masses. In few years, jet will be sold to international customers, then these stats will be disclosed to them and it will eventually become available to us then. Client has the weird habit of such things where he only discloses these things to international air magazines or third parties then things travel down to us. Weird and illogical habit.

But the client for whom this site is made is not stupid. May be its a policy not to reveal the actual potency of the jet but publically what we have is what we have.
Ironic that YOU say it, when others in your lot completely refuse to accept that even we or just about everyone else does the same.
if client is not stupid then whats the purpose of hiding such details from common masses. In few years, jet will be sold to international customers, then these stats will be disclosed to them and it will eventually become available to us then. Client has the weird habit of such things where he only discloses these things to international air magazines or third parties then things travel down to us. Weird and illogical habit.
They will be downgraded before selling it to anyone else.

Pakistan follows a principle of war that areas where it is strong, it would pretend to be weak and area where it is weak, it would pretend to be strong. I have followed Nabil, Sir PShamim and others who have been accurate and who tell me that it is one potent platform and its public specs are understated. I give value to their statement and being patriotic I want those inside news to be true but when we are trying to compare specs, we cannot compare stated specs VS suspected ones. I don't have intentions to hurt any fan or positive thinker but I have taught myself to believe what I can prove to myself before proving to others.

As far as your question goes, I would actually not complain PAF for not disclosing anything valuable to the world outside because its more important to win wars and defend yourself when it is the time instead of winning at forums.

Hi, the Klimov website is as follows:

http://en.klimov.ru/production/aircraft/

According to the website the RD-93 is a derivative of the RD-33 and is installed on the JF-17/FC-1. The main change is the repositioning of the gear box, as was done in the SMR-95 engine program. The SMR-95 was installed by South Africa on one of its Cheetah and on its Super-Mirage F1 experimental aircraft. I also remember reading in the late 90s that the PAF was very interested in these engine upgrades for its Mirage fleet, but nothing ever happened.

Klimov :: Production :: Aircraft Program :: RD-33 family

There is no mention of the RD-33MK being used on the JF-17.

Klimov :: Production :: Aircraft Program :: RD-33MK

Also there is a thrust vectoring option for this option, and I am surprised the PAF has not shown any interest.

Klimov :: Production :: Aircraft Program :: Trust Vertoring Nozzle

They will be downgraded before selling it to anyone else.

The website provided is just never updated its data is from pt-01
This is what the customer See's.

scaled.php

PAC is an expert when it comes to selling things. They speak where its worth it. The information you are talking about is only given to the intended audience during meetings with their representatives. Before the Dubai air show, they made a 1 hr special documentary highlighting their work. Free DVDs were given to such delegations.

Plus,do you know that PAC has 2x SupMushshak, both having different EFIS technology in glass cockpit? Which means both aircraft are intended for different types of customers. It will be no surprise to hear something similar in Thunder as well.

website is under the supervision of persons who know nothing of JF17 specs and look at the website yar old style

What happened to raising of the third squadron i been waiting impatiently, also what squadron will the third squadron replace?.

Sir Nabil or any senior members got any news that they can share i will be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom