What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys did notice the SSG weapon...? I am impressed.

Anyway... I saw atleast 3 JF17 being assembled. First will be inducted in oktober... 6 in 2009 so...2 every month which makes 24 a year.

if u can make 24 jf-17s a year, than why cant HAL produce even 10 mki's a year or 20 lca's a year?

You tell me my Indian friend... I am not following something that develops that slow that even making jokes about it are no longer impressing. Even for Indians.

BTW these 6 jf17's are semi knockdown kits. Just look at them. The body is almost one piece. Gradually it will be more and more Pakistani produces parts.

26th Squadron will be the first one inducted with JF-17. Incidently Murad-K and I both belonged to this squadron. It was our very first squadron.

And true! it is a a2g specific.

Any ideas about second batch (squarden)? would it be a2g or a2a?

26th Squadron will be the first one inducted with JF-17. Incidently Murad-K and I both belonged to this squadron. It was our very first squadron.

And true! it is a a2g specific.
Why PAF is equipping A2G squadrons first with JF-17s? Maybe because they are considering FC-20 (J-10) more suited for the A2A role. So would it be correct to say that JF-17s primary role would be A2G not A2A?

Why PAF is equipping A2G squadrons first with JF-17s? Maybe because they are considering FC-20 (J-10) more suited for the A2A role. So would it be correct to say that JF-17s primary role would be A2G not A2A?

this may be one reason!

the other being that in all our fleet the A5 are the ones that need replacement the most earlier, our mirages have been upgraded through the ROSE I,II and III programme also the F7PGs can be kept flying for a few more years if necesary but the A5 do need to be phased out now. so perhaps the idea is to induct a squadron or two to replace the A5 then the next to replace the older F7 and so on..

what do you think of this sir?

regards!

INTERVIEW WITH PAC CHAIRMAN FARHAT HUSSAIN

PART 1

PART 2

Pretty good video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Munir Sb
sir no word about the number of assembly lines, can you guide as in this matter?
Thankyou

Munir Sb
sir no word about the number of assembly lines, can you guide as in this matter?
Thankyou

I think there is only one and there will be only one in Pakistan. If there is expansion then only in China (or maybe Egypt). We simply do not have enough trained manpower to provide more then a little overproduciton capacity. You will notice in the newsflashes that there are 50% Chinese assisting... So we are still learning to assemble... Then it will be gradually production but still a part only...

You might now understand that designing and producing an aircraft is costly (manpower and finance). So it is not strange that even big nations like India and China move gradually... We might be big in numbers but we still have long way to go to build an industry that can handle this. So we might skip thinking about building another thing (fc20) at the same time... We should learn and focus in sectors where we can show the others that we can be the best...

any update on roll out date of 1st Thunder by PAC?

end of Oct this year

and i am despertely to listen about something regarding the assembly line and number of parallel lines we are operating! i always thought you as a good option to get answer of this question but havent heared from you about this topic, do you have any information on it!

regards!

Inshallah inded ! good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom