What's new

JF-17 and LCA development comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
But builds it with a lot of time and money wastes leading to an induction of foriegn systems in Indian Services.

Cheaper alternatives with similar capabilities. Most of the people here continue to focus on platforms, airforces focus on capabilities. JFT has all the goodies in the bag for a multirole fighter, Precision strike, Stand off Strike, BVR, Wild Weasle options, EW, Anti Surface etc. Name any which is not available for JFT. Only a fool would by lamborghini if all he needs is a transport to his office.

agree that only fool would buy lamborghnini of all he needs to transport to his office, but that that fool will goto some long drive in highway once in blue moon and where that lamborghnini will give him edge.

Well we all know now how crapfully and embarrassingly that indigenous LCA failed. Where first batch of 50 aircraft are ready w.r.t to JF-17, LCA's future in India's own armed forces is not even clear. I mean, LCA didn't impress at home, let alone the world.

So how about we cut with your usual rhetoric and B.S and let the thread be an informative thread for JF-17 only?

Shall we?? hain hain?

MODs please clean up off topic posts.

Thank you.
Buddy do you know that how many 4th Gen Jets your PAF has precured since 1990 {Except Jf17}....Let me answer 18 F 16....And what other option you had to replace A-5's......None....

And on the other hand how many 4th Gen Jets did India procured or ordered in this duration 325+[272 Su30Mki+50 Su30MK[Replaced]+10 Miraage 2K5+45 Mig29K+ 10 Mig 29] {That does not include Rafale}....So the major reason why Tejas has not been inducted in IAF till now are

A}We have other option too to replace our vintage Jets....dude Jf17 is the sole runner in PAF and on the other hand Tejas has to compete with the likes of Rafale's,Su30Mki to take its position....

B}We expect Tejas to be a multi role aircraft like Miraage 2K9...and that is the reason why we are working Tejas MK2....

So the major reason why Tejas has not been inducted in IAF till now are

Occam razor's suggest a much simpler explanation for not inducting these jets , it simply isn't ready yet , believe it or not ... Somehow reading your posts , I do not think you know about the roles of different aircrafts ... Just because the US has Raptor , doesn't mean A 10's are useless for them ...

But builds it with a lot of time and money wastes leading to an induction of foriegn systems in Indian Services.

Cheaper alternatives with similar capabilities. Most of the people here continue to focus on platforms, airforces focus on capabilities. JFT has all the goodies in the bag for a multirole fighter, Precision strike, Stand off Strike, BVR, Wild Weasle options, EW, Anti Surface etc. Name any which is not available for JFT. Only a fool would by lamborghini if all he needs is a transport to his office.
They are not lamborgini they are Hummers or Land Cruisers buddy....and even a fool can understand that how much load they can transport to their office as compare to suzuki Mehran or Swift.....

Occam razor's suggest a much simpler explanation for not inducting these jets , it simply isn't ready yet , believe it or not ... Somehow reading your posts , I do not think you know about the roles of different aircrafts ... Just because the US has Raptor , doesn't mean A 10's are useless for them ...
It isn't just ready yet because when we started this program we wanted a light fighter which can replace Mig21's for point defence but now IAF want it to be a multi role platform....

It isn't just ready yet because when we started this program we wanted a light fighter which can replace Mig21's for point defence but now IAF want it to be a multi role platform....

Yeah , I know ... But what is taking so long to make it a multi role platform ? I take it the IAF changed its requirements overnight , Tejas could still have taken the roles of the fighters that you need to replace now , the improvements could have come in blocks/tranches afterwards ... What caused the HAL to go for another IOC ? Face it , Tejas isn't being inducted because it doesn't fill the role actually you need to replace those aging flying coffins really fast but because of the reason that it isn't ready at the moment ...

Can any learned Pakistani member show me the video footage of the design phase not assembly line of JF-17 with Pakistani engineers/scientist working on it and it should be in Pakistan not China and with not a single Chinese should be present there? If yes, then at least I will be convinced that Pakistan is not buying soft-loaned/free 3.5 gen fighter but in reality they did learn something from it else rest is blah-blah. Hoping to see some new videos :)

If yes, then at least I will be convinced that Pakistan is not buying soft-loaned/free 3.5 gen fighter but in reality they did learn something from it else rest is blah-blah. Hoping to see some new videos :)

What would the design phase be in Pakistan ? :azn: The JFT was designed by CAC and PAC in Chengdu ... Now , more than 50% of JFT is being produced at Kamra , not assembled ... Do you have the design phase for PAK FA in India ? Actually , the final design approval for that aircraft was done before India partnered in the program which isn't the case with Pakistan's JFT program :lol:

What would the design phase be in Pakistan ? :azn: The JFT was designed by CAC and PAC in Chengdu ... Now , more than 50% of JFT is being produced at Kamra , not assembled ... Do you have the design phase for PAK FA in India ? Actually , the final design approval for that aircraft was done before India partnered in the program which isn't the case with Pakistan's JFT program :lol:

It is ridiculous to bring PAKFA's development vis a vis FC1Was britain, turkey, israel, australia, uk involved in design phase of F35, please dont bring PAKFA in a FC1/LCA thread. FC1 is a cost effective 4th gen aircraft which was derived from other incomplete/abandoned programs. Development wise, India has gained a lot in LCA project, refer to post 28 to get a brief overview.

Yeah , I know ... But what is taking so long to make it a multi role platform ? I take it the IAF changed its requirements overnight , Tejas could still have taken the roles of the fighters that you need to replace now , the improvements could have come in blocks/tranches afterwards ... What caused the HAL to go for another IOC ? Face it , Tejas isn't being inducted because it doesn't fill the role actually you need to replace those aging flying coffins really fast but because of the reason that it isn't ready at the moment ...
Same reason as stated by your chinese partners for not inducting a platform which doesn't cut the needed requirements, we have other platforms for specific roles.

your air frame is made in china, your engine is imported from russia, so essentially you are building avionics, control system, and assembling the finished product, right?

JF-17 has been produced really fast and has started the service to in Pakistan Air Force and soon Block II will be also in service of Pakistan but LCA is no where to be seen even though India started working on it long before PAF started its work on JF-17 Thunder

actually the aircraft FC1 is derrived from is the "Project 33", development work began on this design about 1980, but it was canceled in 1986 as the result of changing Soviet Air Force requirements. However, in 1998 China purchased the design and test data from Russia to aid in expediting the development of the Chengdu JF-17/FC-1.... so that puts your FC1 quite significantly behind the LCA whose real funding started in 1993.

You didn't answer my question though. Since we are discussing Tejas development in India and JF-17 development in Pakistan.

So my question remains "Can any learned Pakistani member show me the video footage of the design phase not assembly line of JF-17 with Pakistani engineers/scientist working on it and it should be in Pakistan not China and with not a single Chinese should be present there?"

Any one? If I will see the video you won't hear me asking for the proof in future? If not, then there is no comparision between Tejas and JF-17 w.r.t. to its development . It will always be superior as we developed it ourselves in India by Indians :tup:

:blah::blah::blah:
Anglo-French Jaguar......European Consortium Typhoon aka Eurofighter.... Panavia Tornado (Panavia Aircraft GmbH (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung) is a multinational company established by the three partner nations of the Tornado West Germany, Italy and the UK.) :bunny:

Hey?? What happened to the "J for Joint" logic :)

Hey?? What happened to the "J for Joint" logic :)

Sorry i forgot you were still on the basics of military aviation. :D

Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) is a development and acquisition program intended to replace a wide range of existing fighter, strike, and ground attack aircraft for the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, The Netherlands and their allies.

Joint venture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom