What's new

JF-17 and LCA development comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even an ignorant can tell Teja is a failed copy attempt of mirage1.
While technology employed in JFT can be found only in JSF.

yes you are right, LCA does have wings, engine, landing gear, and airframe, and so does mirage. Brilliant! Please do your self and everyone else a favor by actually reading about the project and then posting something a tad bit relevant.. Agreed we have had misfortune with our timeline, but understand this our attempt to make our own aircrafts. Our own material research, our own wind tunnel, our own iron birds, our own structural testing, our own autclaves. FC1 is a big step for PAC as this is their first build project, but nevertheless, pakistani role is being systematically being increased by OJT led by chinese professionals, so eventually they can produce the entire product completely. Similar model was accomplished by HAL in the 80's.

Nope. LCA already exceeds what JF-17 is technologically and is built using Indian designs and in India-which is not the case for JF-17.

RIGHT. You know when you make a computer, getting the processor from Malaysia, Monitor from Indonesia, Chipset from Honkong and the Box from India...doesn't make it 'Indian Made' right??

Do you actually understand entirely as to how many companies from the West are involved in providing technology and integration to the LCA program (and pretty much all other Indian military ventures)??? If you have a doubt, let me know and I shall post a list of parts and their origination country / company for ya. That'll tell you how 'Indian Design' is your LCA (by the way, the air frame has HUGE Dessault support in it, this is JUST a basic component that everyone can see from the outside)

Also, JFT Block II (more composites and EM-E suite) and LCA are pretty much the same from a capability's standpoint. Just wanted to put the truth out there. JFT B1 may be a bit inferior as it's airframe doesn't use a lot of composites but the rest is pretty comparable to LCA. The 'digital' vs 'analogue' doesn't play a huge role in this scenario. Both planes offer decent capability and will form the lower tier.

RIGHT. You know when you make a computer, getting the processor from Malaysia, Monitor from Indonesia, Chipset from Honkong and the Box from India...doesn't make it 'Indian Made' right??

Do you actually understand entirely as to how many companies from the West are involved in providing technology and integration to the LCA program (and pretty much all other Indian military ventures)??? If you have a doubt, let me know and I shall post a list of parts and their origination country / company for ya. That'll tell you how 'Indian Design' is your LCA (by the way, the air frame has HUGE Dessault support in it, this is JUST a basic component that everyone can see from the outside)

Also, JFT Block II (more composites and EM-E suite) and LCA are pretty much the same from a capability's standpoint. Just wanted to put the truth out there. JFT B1 may be a bit inferior as it's airframe doesn't use a lot of composites but the rest is pretty comparable to LCA. The 'digital' vs 'analogue' doesn't play a huge role in this scenario. Both planes offer decent capability and will form the lower tier.

Development comparison?

It's already in the guiness book of world records, worlds only flying object which is u der development for more than 4 decades..

LCA should be placed in a museum now.....

Development comparison?

As far as what's concerned??? The supreme Indian process engineering details (taught to you guys by the likes of people who work for me); or the actual dev comparisons where every part will have its company of origin listed. And the process to integrate that part into the LCA program? Please specify. I don't think I got the real question from your post....

Compsoites in JFT B-2? can you validate it?

(I mean the same level as LCA)

composite_material.jpg

It's already in the guiness book of world records, worlds only flying object which is u der development for more than 4 decades..

I would like to point you to the fact that actual funding of the project began in 1992. apart from that project conception of LCA (no engine)is 1983 , so was Saab Gripen (no engine)in 1982, FC20 (No engine) in 1988, JF17/FC1(again no engine) derived from article 33 (1979).

I would like to point you to the fact that actual funding of the project began in 1992. apart from that project conception of LCA (no engine)is 1983 , so was Saab Gripen (no engine)in 1982, FC20 (No engine) in 1988, JF17/FC1(again no engine) derived from article 33 (1979).

Would like to add Rafale & EF in 1982.(Project conception)

Even an ignorant can tell Teja is a failed copy attempt of mirage1.

I always fail to understand how a copy of tailless delta turns out to be a compounded delta. May be you can enlighten this ignorant one!

I also fail to understand that how come a project for which funding started in late 80's is 4 decade old. May be time runs really fast in Pakistan!

The "Long Term Re-Equipment Plan 1981" noted that the MiG-21s would be approaching the end of their service lives by the mid-1990s, and that by 1995 the IAF would lack 40% of the aircraft needed to fill its projected force structure requirements.

The government in 1984 established the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) to manage the LCA programme.

The IAF's Air Staff Requirement for the LCA were not finalised until October 1985.

Project definition commenced in October 1987 and was completed in September 1988.

Phase 1 commenced in 1990 and HAL started work on the technology demonstrators in mid-1991; however, a financial crunch resulted in full-scale funding not being authorized until April 1993, with significant work on FSED Phase 1 commencing in June.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas

In 80's govt realized it needs the project. Mid 80, established an agency for it, and decided what to make. Late 80's plans were finalized. Gave full funding in '93. All the while, the project was running since 70's (4 decades). :undecided:

yea and Pakistan is only country in the world which can indigenously build 4 generation fighter planes even without having a single wind tunnel testing facility in whole god-damn country ..:lol:

and now for a serious question what the heck is Pakistani contribution to jf17 ...?

yea and Pakistan is only country in the world which can indigenously build 4 generation fighter planes even without having a single wind tunnel testing facility in whole god-damn country ..:lol:

and now for a serious question what the heck is Pakistani contribution to jf17 ...?

And india is the only country in the world which has wind tunnels and billions of $$ and access to western tech and several partners like israel,france n russia helping yet still cant build a god damn fourth gen jet... :rofl:

As for wind tunnels in Pakistan,here:
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...WGq4EQ&usg=AFQjCNGnxXsZNEpJxKV70mJ-KyjVAQGm_Q

As for Pakistani contribution do visit the official JFT thread instead of whining like a 4 year old girl.....
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...z4CACQ&usg=AFQjCNFUp1YRz0-aICKE54pV0rIBhAUiog

And india is the only country in the world which has wind tunnels and billions of $$ and access to western tech and several partners like israel,france n russia helping yet still cant build a god damn fourth gen jet... :rofl:

As for wind tunnels in Pakistan,here:
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...WGq4EQ&usg=AFQjCNGnxXsZNEpJxKV70mJ-KyjVAQGm_Q

As for Pakistani contribution do visit the official JFT thread instead of whining like a 4 year old girl.....
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...z4CACQ&usg=AFQjCNFUp1YRz0-aICKE54pV0rIBhAUiog

can u provide some other sources instead posting link:s to some PDF posts ...:lol:

Since you keep ranting the same question all over the forum, let me put your mind to rest, for all Pakistan's input or contribution as you call it, the aircraft designation carries a pre-fix "J"....JF-17 aka Joint Fighter-17.....this doesn't apply when you merely contribute funds.....PAK-FA being a prime example.

can u provide some other sources instead posting link:s to some PDF posts ...:lol:

Can you read them instead of whining little girl? most of these posts are by professionals who have actually worked on variousdefence projects and jft itself and the links i posted contain various links and sources tht are adequate to make you shut your mouth.

O.T. "didn't impress at home, let alone the world." have I heard similar rhetoric somewhere? maybe...

Anyways there was no need to drag LCA and and anti-Indian rhetoric in an information thread. Any plans of PAC Kamra to build the radar inhouse. It may be the best investment in terms of research and infrastructure that pakistan can make, if it hasn't already.
Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter
By Farhan Bokhari
12/24/2010

The chief of staff of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has told Jane's that Pakistan has built its first facility to manufacture radars for fighter aircraft.

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said the indigenously produced radar, built with China's assistance at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), in Kamra, north of Islamabad, would equip the JF-17 'Thunder' fighter aircraft jointly produced by the two countries.
note that we had assembling of radar capability since 90's
while this is the manufacturing facility
Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter

we are also manufacturing jft avionics under license while constantly developing few major avionics components as well

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet
Updated at: 1902 PST, Friday, May 28, 2010
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Friday successfully launched the production project of avionics for the fighter jet (JF-17 Thunder) at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra.

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, speaking as chief guest on the historic occasion, said, "a strong air force is essential for our nation's survival; therefore, self-reliance for PAF (Pakistan Air Force) is an important factor. Today's ceremony is an important step in this direction."

He expressed satisfaction that significant progress had been made in achieving national objective of attaining self-reliance in defence industries.

He commended the management, airmen and civilians of PAC for their devotion and dedication towards this project of national importance and urged them to continue this journey with added zealand zest.

Earlier, PAC Chairman Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan presented an appraisal of the JF-17 avionics programme activities.

He said the generic production and testing facilities had been established at Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory where, besides the Chinese avionics, four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced.

He informed that the production scope would be progressively broadened to include the production of complete JF-17 avionics suite at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex.

Secretary of Defence Production, Members of JF-17 Board of Directors, Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force and representatives from the Chinese aviation industries attended the ceremony.

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet - GEO.tv

currently we do import the fuselage but the Kamra facility is getting upgraded new MNC

official target of jft local manufacturing is 80-85% by 2015

while 58%as of 2011

we are getting jft aswell slowly shifting toward full manufacturing facility except few parts such as engine

one major development is the manufacturing of Nescom electronics complex which would have the infra of manufacturing bigger t/r modules for radar such as zdk03 or ground based radars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom