What's new

Jayalalithaa calls for a referendum on separate Eelam

3 causes for Lanka failure,

1.Shift in policy from Indira to Rajiv
2.IPKF
3.Dravidar Kazhagam

Third is the worst and prime reason,shameless bunch.

Sis - if there is a necessity, one will learn a language - l had to learn Spanish because I was travelling to Central America couple of weeks ago else I would not have thought about learning that language - beyond that no need for Hindi and learn Hindi like how I learnt - through Hindi Prachar Sabha - no one in TN is stopping anyone from learning Hindi. So if the blue collar, white collar workers want to move out of TN and work elsewhere let them learn Hindi. At that point, it becomes a necessity - Till then it is seen of more as a cultural invasion when it is forced upon the people in TN.

@KS - wrote to you.

Boss,i still dont get it.

why is it wrong to have Hindi sign boards/Hindi Km stones/Hindi language in govt schools as an optional subject?

so whats the problem?

Less water in the cauvery?

No water. Period. What is left has to be primarily given for drinking (especially to Bangalore), something the SC has upheld. The state of Karnataka was asked to give 2 TMC to TN which was given, inspite of protests.

I stand by my pov on the Hindi issue. Its just another language to me. I dont love it. I dont hate it. I will use it if I need it for my betterment. But i absolutely hate those who try to speak from a high ground, who want people to learn other's culture, ridicule them if they dont and not do what they preach themselves

I can assure you,an individual's opinion/will/whim is not the issue here but the state's policy to manipulate individual freewill for its own benefit.

Yeah like we care. The more TN jumps the uglier their image becomes. Which in turn won't help their cause and in the end the whole world will know who are the terrorists and who aren't.

Well the whole world does know the truth. Try proving otherwise at the UN.

No water. Period. What is left has to be primarily given for drinking (especially to Bangalore), something the SC has upheld. The state of Karnataka was asked to give 2 TMC to TN which was given, inspite of protests.

Hmm,that explains everything.

Now,i realize why linguistic states is such a failure.

3 causes for Lanka failure,

1.Shift in policy from Indira to Rajiv
2.IPKF
3.Dravidar Kazhagam

Third is the worst and prime reason,shameless bunch.

Boss,i still dont get it.

why is it wrong to have Hindi sign boards/Hindi Km stones/Hindi language in govt schools as an optional subject?

If the central government had thought about an elegant way of introducing Hindi in TN there might not have been much opposition - but they lacked the sensitivities to do so and Rajaji being from TN himself bungled in that aspect big time - beyond that what is TN lacking in not learning Hindi - this is the same topic we discussed last week.

As for DK being the reason for Lanka failure, it is far fetched - ofcourse I would say DMK and Karuna.

Maybe but the hot heads in TN are overplaying their cards. There is less & less support in the system as well as in the general public elsewhere in the country for this behavior. Almost everyone here who does not support the extreme position by pro-intervention Tamils has been accused of something or the other. Hardly the best way to get people on your side.

Well this is a chicken and egg issue. The hot headedness is because of the fact that our concerns have been ignored so far and beause of the hotheadedness apparently we are getting no support.

No its not because of that entirely.

See how quickly it has degenerated into the age old "you-hate-Hindi-and-hence-no-support" charade. This is what I mean. I would be naive to believe that everyone else thinks in the supreme interest of the country and only we people are guilty of thinking in an anti-national way. No its not because of that.

Since you said, you are sympathetic only to cause of fishermen issue, tell me what has happened till now.The killings are going on unabated and Delhi does not even care. The english media does not care. What do you expect us to do ? Granted our politicians also did not cover them with glory..but what even they can do after a point. DMK resigned and immediately it was awarded with a CBI visit. The national media is busy in painting it in a negative way with some even calling it anti-national.

They are all the same,you can put Vaiko also in it and his christian missionary wife.

and nobody has an issue with the anti hindi thing of 1965 but there is a limit man,

you cant scare kids with the hindi zombie tale.

Today,it ll help a lot of people.

I have seen it myself,how many people suffer from this.

and trust this simple thing ll integrate things much much more.

As for DK being the reason for Lanka failure, it is far fetched - ofcourse I would say DMK and Karuna.

yaar...they have their share of blame. But even they have the limits..If the people of India dont want regional parties to interfere in foreign policy then the Central govt must actually not give any reason for that and do their duties properly. The fault lies more with the GoI rather than TN politicians.

If they dont raise the issue, they are asked why you did not raise the issue..if they raise they are decried as interfering in forein affairs and all sorts of slanderous things. Frankly what can they do in this case ?

If the central government had thought about an elegant way of introducing Hindi in TN there might not have been much opposition - but they lacked the sensitivities to do so and Rajaji being from TN himself bungled in that aspect big time - beyond that what is TN lacking in not learning Hindi - this is the same topic we discussed last week.

And Rajaji was long gone dude by then.

Bhaktavatsalam was the CM.

You think things will get any better if we keep sitting tight ?

And dont worry, we will be the ones to get affected first in case of chinese hold in Lanka. But the truth is bending over backwards to Lanka is not going to solve anything. Rather it will only betray our weakness where we are willing to be blackmailed.

u must understand that diplomacy is different from sitting tight.we can only make things happen when they are in good terms with us.once we loose influence nothing can be done.we cannot force them to do the things ourway which only worsens the situation

They are all the same,you can put Vaiko also in it and his christian missionary wife.

and nobody has an issue with the anti hindi thing of 1965 but there is a limit man,

you cant scare kids with the hindi zombie tale.

Today,it ll help a lot of people.

I have seen it myself,how many people suffer from this.

and trust this simple thing ll integrate things much much more.

Lack of Hindi has not affected TN in any way. Maybe it was true for olden days when we went as blue collar workers but not certainly now...now its actually reverse migration and most of TN migrants being white collar workers who dont need Hindi to survive anywhere.

And are you going to hold the lack of knowledge of hindi as a reason to ignore the killings of fishermen ?

u must understand that diplomacy is different from sitting tight.we can only make things happen when they are in good terms with us.once we loose influence nothing can be done.we cannot force them to do the things ourway which only worsens the situation

Believe me, we have several things that can force them. Their geographic position is the prime reason.

But that required a certain amount of will. Which we need. We can continue to couch our impotence as diplomacy and non-violence, but its only some time before the bluff is called. Actually it has been called already in almost all our neighbors, save Bhutan.

And Rajaji was long gone dude by then.

Bhaktavatsalam was the CM.

The 1930s hindi agitation was what I was talking about. 1960s one is a no brainer - it is not just cultural invasion but also for economic reasons - Hindi was supposed to be the only language even for civil services exams and English was to be removed. And TN was not alone - it was Andhra and Bengal as well fighting against Hindi imposition.

You did not answer me yet - what is that TN is lacking in not learning Hindi? TN has raised a surplus budget again unlike many Hindi speaking states some of which is clamoring for special status.

Since you said, you are sympathetic only to cause of fishermen issue, tell me what has happened till now.The killings are going on unabated and Delhi does not even care. The english media does not care. What do you expect us to do ? Granted our politicians also did not cover them with glory..but what even they can do after a point. DMK resigned and immediately it was awarded with a CBI visit. The national media is busy in painting it in a negative way with some even calling it anti-national.

That is because the fishermen issue is used in such a manner as to arouse suspicion. The numbers there justify a protest, not the berserk ones we have seen though. Tamil parties are crying themselves hoarse over the SL Tamil issue, want a parliamentary resolution on that but no one discussed the fishermen. Any surprises that no one else picks up on it either?

The 1930s hindi agitation was what I was talking about. 1960s one is a no brainer - it is not just cultural invasion but also for economic reasons - Hindi was supposed to be the only language even for civil services exams and English was to be removed. And TN was not alone - it was Andhra and Bengal as well fighting against Hindi imposition.

You did not answer me yet - what is that TN is lacking in not learning Hindi? TN has raised a surplus budget again unlike many Hindi speaking states some of which is clamoring for special status.

On a different note, i would say that TN politicians did and are doing a great service to those north indians who had schooling from English medium ans those who have a different dialect than standard hindi.

Without this regional language (tamil) bulkward against hindi imperialism, the yadav trioka would probably disenfranchise non hindi speaking and english educated north indians and exile them (figuratively speaking)

Back
Top Bottom