What's new

ISRO to launch seven satellites on Feb 25

ISRO makes us proud and gives India respect again and again......Jai Hind

best of luck India.. That's huge progress in this field while our stupid politicians are busy doing corruption in every field.. thumbs up!

Brother Our desi politicians are bigger experts (in field of corruption) than our scientists are in Space Technology. But luckily ISRO guys do what they are good at and i hope our politicains will stop doing what they are masters of

India has done wonders in the space field.

It is only behind the US, Russia, EU, China and Japan but ahead of everyone else by leaps. I think it will surpass Japan by 2020 though.

When is GLSV Mark 3 due for launch if anyone knows?

best of luck India.. That's huge progress in this field while our stupid politicians are busy doing corruption in every field.. thumbs up!

That is true. But I see no reason why Pakistan cannot emulate such an achievement. The simple fact is that investment in Space Research has given far greater dividends than investment in weaponry such as Nukes and Missiles. Hopefully all around that realisation will finally dawn.

Might go to see launch and hoping to get some cool videos of the launch.

Can't wait for GSLV 3 and Mars orbiter missions. 2013 going to be great year for ISRO.

Whats the world record for launching most number of satellites with a single rocket?

ISRO has already launched 10 sats with 1 rocket a while ago.

That is true. But I see no reason why Pakistan cannot emulate such an achievement. The simple fact is that investment in Space Research has given far greater dividends than investment in weaponry such as Nukes and Missiles. Hopefully all around that realisation will finally dawn.
Yaar they had great program and were ahead of us with possible support from US started under Dr. Abdus Salam (Nobel Laureate ) but Ayub Khan thought otherwise.

That guy was a visionary of highest caliber. If he had been supported by Pakistan govt. they would have been a important space player. They now need another such visionary and support from China.

Pakistan had great scientists but they were neglected with limited funding so they left. Pretty much like our case. Like many of our great brains working in US etc.

Whats the world record for launching most number of satellites with a single rocket?

ISRO has already launched 10 sats with 1 rocket a while ago.

I hope such a calculations cannot be made... There are satellite which weighs 100's of Kg, and some few Kg.

Yaar they had great program and were ahead of us with possible support from US started under Dr. Abdus Salam (Nobel Laureate ) but Ayub Khan thought otherwise.

That guy was a visionary of highest caliber. If he had been supported by Pakistan govt. they would have been a important space player. They now need another such visionary and support from China.

Pakistan had great scientists but they were neglected with limited funding so they left. Pretty much like our case. Like many of our great brains working in US etc.

I am not sure that I will agree with you completely on this. Some of the greatest visionaries who led Indian Scientific research were people who returned from abroad. Even Homi Bhabha, Vikram Sarabhai, Raja Ramanna are among them. As a boy; I saw them at close quarters. They were very clear in their minds that India would be their karmabhoomi. Then in the next generation; I saw an Indian who returned to pioneer the early stages of work in FBTR at Kalpakkam. That was in the 1970s. When he had a carte-blanche to find anything of his choice in USA. There have been many others like that too. Who I know of. Undoubtedly there are great Indian brains still working in USA. One of my class-mates led cutting edge research for DARPA. Their exploits get written about because the system there supports the work majorly. That support system has still not been created in India, but that will not be for ever.

Many are returning to India or are sustaining and supporting work in India. For two reasons; firstly because they believe that they must return something to the country that nurtured them, secondly because they now see that there is hope of their work reaping fruitful dividends.

@Capt.Popeye Pakistani scientists want to return but they don't get support from govt. They are as patriotic and want to help their nation just like our people do.

I was watching a show where few Pakistani businessmen have invested in their country. But they said that govt. don't provide the electricity. Even Zardari said that produce your own electricity.

Pervez Hoodbhoy of Pakistan is PhD from MIT but tell me how he feels when many people like AQ Khan supported that water car Engineer. This make them frustrated.

Its all about support. My prof. did his PhD from IIT K, worked in NASA but when he returned, he was given job in IIT where he taught brilliant students and published hell lot of papers. He became HoD of Mathematics there. His students also earned good position. Many of them are HoD or senior Faculty in IIT, NIT etc. He is over 70 years and still getting 12 lakhs per annum while living in his home town with his son and his family.

So providing income source to such researchers help us in keeping them in India. His one son has settled in US and hardly comes to India. Reason is that India lacks few research infrastructure for him to do his work with good salary.

Similarly, IISc provides comparatively better resources for R&D. TIFR is another such institute.

Then comes DRDO labs all over India. We have ISRO. Met a ex DRDO scientist who is in Board of Director of Private Institute in Kanpur with a decent salary..

CSIR, DST, etc. provide financial support even for presenting papers in International Conferences.

There is a new scheme launched, something like Prime Minister PhD scholarship. They are paying 50,000 Rps per month to those who secure it.

Now tell me, in India where does there is so much money given for PhD students. I am not talking about money from collaborative work but by home university.

This is the support we need. Providing a attractive job with comforts and competitive salary to lure back our brains.

China has been doing it and those students who earned their PhD from US and other best univ. are offered good jobs.

India has started just recently.

Send your students to best Universities, let West teach them advance research in their labs and then bring them to establish similar research institutes.

India has also started a institute for Space Engineering. Opening new IITs is a great step but India shouldn't compromise on entry level qualifications of students and increase funding we provide.

With so many Foreign companies coming, they want to higher top notch engineers and scientists and they will like to hire Indian people as it costs low and since they are local, they adjust easily as they can go home more often.

My friends work in Noida in Samsung but they come home on weekends. Hyundai is already decreasing foreign employees and replacing with Indian people.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Speeder 2 We do have worse situation than Africa with huge number of people lacking basic facilities, but instead of Mocking those who are even more bad in shape, we try to help them from what we learned from our own cases and since the economic and social condition is same, as you said, it helps in improving life of not only Indians but also Africans.

You are the 2nd largest economy in the world but it was India who built roads, hospitals, schools etc in Afghanistan whereas you just bought mines which we also did. This is called helping out a friend along with business.

We are poor but we also help our other friends in poverty. Its called Humanity.

Pakistan is your all weather friend and we see how much you are helping them in tough times. US gives more AID to Pakistan than you.

How many schools, hospitals etc. has China built in Pakistan ? How many patients China has treated with considerably low cost and did free medical consultation camps ? Except Gwadar and KKH, which was your selfish need.

Is this is friendship ?

Friend in Need, is a Friend Indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom