What's new

India to soon look for contracts to launch heavy satellites: ISRO chief

why people are saying america is blocking russia from transfering cryo engine tech to india? all the previous gslv failures were all equipped with russian made upper stage cryo engines. ISRO even blamed those engines were the cause of all the consecutive failures. before those failures, all i saw on the news everywhere "indian indigenous ..blaa..gslv..bla " lol.. i suspect the engine on this latest test is also made by russia. you don't hear em blaming russia is because the launch went well. :)

America did create problems for Russia to provide the cryo tech to India.
And Russia did initially fold like a lawn chair but finally did give us the engines.
ISRO did use the Russian cryo and the GSLV failed using them until the indigenous CE-7.5 which succeeded.
That is the truth, regardless of how u feel, so get off the high donkey and smell the morning air.

typically 3 launches (called 'D'). But that doesn't stop them from flying payloads from abroad if the customer is ready to risk. I think at least one GSLV payload till date has been Russian. I'm sure by end 2014 we should have done at least 2 more. So looking at 2015 for customers is just fine.

Hope next 3 launches are successful too.

Mk 2 needs to be stabilized.

For ISRO to bag commercial launch contracts, the costs are in its favour. Radhakrishnan told IANS Saturday that the country pays around $85-90 million or around Rs.500 crore as launch fee for sending up a 3.5 tonne communication satellite whereas the GSLV rocket costs around Rs.220 crore and the GSAT-14 that went up Sunday evening costs around Rs.145 crore.

Link - India to soon look for contracts to launch heavy satellites: ISRO chief - Sci/Tech - DNA

:cheesy::cheesy:.....................:yahoo:

this is gonna upset the Umericans

what is your fixation with americans? why would it upset us... I mean really, we are 40 years ahead of you in our space program and NASA very much likes and encourages ISRO cooperation . If you have not realized yet- americans have done a lot to enhance the US-Indo relationships. have gone to bat for India many times...

if you are speaking of the cyro engine block put forth by the US- Then that was not India centric, rather because it would then give the Russians the excuse to give to others ( North Korea, Iran, syria etc etc) . Countries that will use this technology for military purposes( missile tech)

If it was guaranteed to go to India only!, then we would have no issue.

some of you are always taking stupid F__ swipes at americans- what gives.

what is your fixation with americans? why would it upset us... I mean really, we are 40 years ahead of you in our space program and NASA very much likes and encourages ISRO cooperation . If you have not realized yet- americans have done a lot to enhance the US-Indo relationships. have gone to bat for India many times...

if you are speaking of the cyro engine block put forth by the US- Then that was not India centric, rather because it would then give the Russians the excuse to give to others ( North Korea, Iran, syria etc etc) . Countries that will use this technology for military purposes( missile tech)

If it was guaranteed to go to India only!, then we would have no issue.

some of you are always taking stupid F__ swipes at americans- what gives.

I'm with you Bro, India-US relation has came a long way. We cannot blame the Americans for their concerns of using cryogenic engine to make ICBMs.

Jaldi karo bhai.
Hamein mars par bhi jana hai (a manned mission)

An insignificant number of idiots aren't going to hurt India's long-term aspirations. As more and more people get educated, as they see the benefits such investment in science and tech can bring less and less people will listen to those fools. I would be quite pessimistic on this front had Kudankulam gone another way but the fact it was completed, went critical and is now providing power to India's national grid and looking to be expended, one can afford to be an optimist :D

Just imagine if we have no ISRO....man we cant think about it.billions dollars will siphoned from India for satellite deal.But because of our ISRO ,we are making money from it.

why people are saying america is blocking russia from transfering cryo engine tech to india? all the previous gslv failures were all equipped with russian made upper stage cryo engines. ISRO even blamed those engines were the cause of all the consecutive failures. before those failures, all i saw on the news everywhere "indian indigenous ..blaa..gslv..bla " lol....
There is a difference between giving ready-made engines and giving technical know how about the engine.......it is difficult for people without technical background to understand....
Moreover, the ready-made engines are accounted for, they're required to be used for what they are bought, you cannot just dismantle one for reverse-engineering.....if you do then there are implications.......
.... i suspect the engine on this latest test is also made by russia. you don't hear em blaming russia is because the launch went well. :)
.....you're free to suspect anything....but that won't change the fact that we now can build our own cryo. engine...:D

Last edited:
you're the troll here. i'm speaking the truth here. this latest launch is indeed also a russian made engine. this is the last one, 7/7, that they bought from russia years ago.

funny. this article is saying this is indigenous, then at the bottom. lol.. anyone with a brain can figure out that this is the last engine out of 7. :D

This was the 8th launch of GSLV and there are only 7 Russian cryo engines with India .

That itself will put a hole to your theory but you would have been able to understand it if you had a brain .

Isn't it always better to build your own?
Yeah..but its always better to learn from teacher rather than learning on our own. As time taken is less. We could have had this technology way before and mastered it.

I'm with you Bro, India-US relation has came a long way. We cannot blame the Americans for their concerns of using cryogenic engine to make ICBMs.

They were only afraid about the potential loss of some share in the commercial sat launch market if India develops cryo engine.

For ISRO to bag commercial launch contracts, the costs are in its favour. Radhakrishnan told IANS Saturday that the country pays around $85-90 million or around Rs.500 crore as launch fee for sending up a 3.5 tonne communication satellite whereas the GSLV rocket costs around Rs.220 crore and the GSAT-14 that went up Sunday evening costs around Rs.145 crore.

Link - India to soon look for contracts to launch heavy satellites: ISRO chief - Sci/Tech - DNA

Back
Top Bottom