What's new

Islam's image: reformation and makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though 4 in 5 of them now want to kill their own apostates.

How do you know that 4 out of 5 wants to kill ........? got holy dreams?

Wow the thread topped 11 pages and indians are here to reform others religion.. Members have become fanatic on Islam zaid hamid and so on topics..

It is time Moderators closed down this thread and any other thread on Islam because according to Mods religious debate is off limits on this forum..

You should not be afraid of debating about your religion. Even your Prophet Mohammed debated with the Jews of Medina and the Christians about religions.

Debating is the only weapon a liberal society has to spread its message and create awareness.

Debating has a very important place in Sanatan Dharma. Even the Rishis who were ant-Vedic have been regarded a high status for putting there views in good manner during the debates.

sid426, I can debate and WIN on Islam and christianity and judaism this forum doesn't allow religious debates. Policies should be followed So far no Mods has taken notice.

In my view, the Quran doesn't need to get changed / rewritten. You'd need a new Prophet for that.

But the Sharia could use an update, by removing the punishments for "social crimes" and "critiques of the Prophet or faith"..
Insecure xenophobes need to punish others for insulting their faith. Confident faithful just shrug and move on.
Oppressors need to punish others for "social crimes" in the name of their Lord. Confident faithful leave the punishing of social crimes to Allah.

And while the Quran does not need to be updated, like others have said here before, it's the current and future generations of Imams that determine how Quran verses get interpreted to today's situation. If they'd focus less on domination of others through violence that's (according to them) permitted by Allah, then Islam would become a "respectable faith" in the eyes of followers of other Faiths.
It would also allow the followers of Islam to get go of that notion that (militarily futile) suicidal violence serves a purpose and/or gets them to Heaven.

Islamic extremists glorify their own futile deaths and the deaths they cause among their own people. They're completely stuck, banging their heads against a wall so hard that they remove themselves from the gene pool.
If you'll allow me a metaphor: This is what i think extremist-islamic military strategy and tactics resemble at the moment;

Seperation of state and religion should also be put on the Islamic agenda. At the moment they're joined at the hip in Islam by the radicals.
"There can be no good statecraft without having Islamic principles as it's base." says the Islamic extremist; I'd say the generally more peaceful nations that have seperated church and state have proven otherwise thoroughly.

What the heck are you talking about ?

Last edited by a moderator:
sid426, I can debate and WIN on Islam and christianity and judaism this forum doesn't allow religious debates. Policies should be followed So far no Mods has taken notice.

I know that. The Mods allowed the thread to stay open.

Lets go for it then!...me and you!...lets start! :)

Though 4 in 5 of them now want to kill their own apostates.

How do you know that 4 out of 5 wants to kill ........? got holy dreams?

Wow the thread topped 11 pages and indians are here to reform others religion.. Members have become fanatic on Islam zaid hamid and so on topics..

It is time Moderators closed down this thread and any other thread on Islam because according to Mods religious debate is off limits on this forum..

Pakistani Public Opinion | Pew Global Attitudes Project

The new poll finds broad support for harsh punishments: 78% favor death for those who leave Islam; 80% favor whippings and cutting off hands for crimes like theft and robbery; and 83% favor stoning adulterers.

So little more than holy dreams?

Prophet Mohammed is considered the role model for every muslim in Islam. The various Hadiths regarding his daily routine have been taken as a prime example to be followed by every muslim around the world.

That means if every action of his is considered the best and Allah's command, then the same examples are set in shariah also. The way Mohammed granted punishments,no matter how medieval or outdated they are. If everything is seen through the eyes of religion...

That is a Pew poll with respect to Pakistan. I believe your commnet included Bangladesh too.

It was mainly about Pakistan. Bangladesh just got clubbed along.

OK, anything else you have an issue with?

Anything Against islam is welcomed here on this forum and this is the one area where this forum really sucks... :angry:

Anything Against islam is welcomed here on this forum and this is the one area where this forum really sucks... :angry:

Why your approach is so fundamentalist?

We are discussing here about something which is effecting muslims, Ahl-e-Kitaabis and kaafirs/Mushriqs as a whole.

Come out of your closed quarters and discuss..Please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom