What's new

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein executed

Saw that on Al-Jazeera, both English and Arabic version.

He seemed so calm!!

Saw that on Al-Jazeera, both English and Arabic version.

He seemed so calm!!
I wanted to see more of it. Apparently he shouted some slogans? Why did they censor that bit out? I wanted to read more into his body language.

To me, he was guilty as sin. But then he was just the small player doing the Dujail killings on orders from America. I mean WHAT is the evidence on Dujail? There was an assassination attempt on him there and then he rounded up people from there and sent them to jail who he identified as traitors in the Iran-Iraq war, the war in which America gave its blessing to Saddam.

The people arrested were periodically executed by 1985. Now the prosecution drummed up some support for this because there were many families of the people arrested. People with obvious grievances with Saddam were used to give testimonials.

I wanted to see more of it. Apparently he shouted some slogans? Why did they censor that bit out? I wanted to read more into his body language.

According to the spokesperson he only said "Allah O'Akbar" loudly couple of times.

I couldn't make anything from bodylanguage either and the mimic was cold as hell.

Seen it all. This is horrible horrible horrible.

Saddam smiles when someone shouts Muqtada Muqtada Muqtada and says something. I dont know what he said but his smile shows he is helpless. Had he been in power it would have been their heads in the rope. Its shocking. They are laughing and chanting at an already dead man.

Im deeply saddened. No Eid for me.

This should be a bitter reminder of our susceptibility in divisions. Even look at Pakistan, we can't unite under simple things. The call to democracy is lost and so confusing... Why depose Musharraf? He keeps a strong front... The others would have been weaker in the given situations. We need to support him for the sake of unity or else we'd be picked up, chewed, and spat out one by one.

Seen it all. This is horrible horrible horrible.

Saddam smiles when someone shouts Muqtada Muqtada Muqtada and says something. I dont know what he said but his smile shows he is helpless. Had he been in power it would have been their heads in the rope. Its shocking. They are laughing and chanting at an already dead man.

Im deeply saddened. No Eid for me.

infect iraqi govt.dug thier graves showing this in TV .bloodshed increase much more then before and speacialy anti shia sentiments increase not only inside iraq but in the whole islamic world

infect iraqi govt.dug thier graves showing this in TV .bloodshed increase much more then before and speacialy anti shia sentiments increase not only inside iraq but in the whole islamic world
I feel sorry for the Shias to be equated with these losers. It's not Saddam I'm speaking up for, it's my disgust for the people who carried out the act.

This should be a bitter reminder of our susceptibility in divisions. Even look at Pakistan, we can't unite under simple things. The call to democracy is lost and so confusing... Why depose Musharraf? He keeps a strong front... The others would have been weaker in the given situations. We need to support him for the sake of unity or else we'd be picked up, chewed, and spat out one by one.

I agree but Mush must play his cards more sensibly. He has been killing Afghans, Pathans and Balochi's in support of America's war on terror. Something which Saddam did when US was his ally. Then the same US executed Saddam.

I feel sorry for the Shias to be equated with these losers. It's not Saddam I'm speaking up for, it's my disgust for the people who carried out the act.

Unfortuantely Iran and Shia's are themselves widening the divide. Iran has welcomed his execution.

Unfortuantely Iran and Shia's are themselves widening the divide. Iran has welcomed his execution.

u mean during saddams period he was a friend of shias.
u mean iraninan should have been sad for him
may i remind u or iran iraq war
shias should be affraid of what.what is there thst hasnt been done on them in pakistan.or any other arab country.i belive its more like the wahabies that created the hate.

i ask again paa jee why did the saudi pigs took nawaz from pakistan.would u like to share that with all.

did any of u shed tears like this when shias were being slaughterd by saddam or saudi and uae finnaced pakistani terrorist groups why most here would expect shias to be sad when this pig is hannged.

paa jee how many shia families couldnt celebrate eid during when your nawaz was in power in pakistan.bu ho ho u cant celebrate eid.

I'm pretty sure they will get a lesson., defy US and your next., their is no other way.

Iran, Venezuela, and N Korea are already openly defying and mocking the US, but there is not US can do at this time. Everybody knows it's already stretched too thin.

shias should be affraid of what.what is there thst hasnt been done on them in pakistan.or any other arab country.i belive its more like the wahabies that created the hate.

Why did saddam have shia/kurdish army officers if was anti shia.Do you not understand it was an arab/persian conflict.The bulk of iraqs army was shia.
If the sunnis of iran revolted against the government of iran with the backing of the americans the the reaction of iranian army would be to go into the rebellious areas and crush the traitors.Would that make the iraninans anti sunni?
Saddam did just as the above statement said but to the shias of the south instead of sunnis but somehow he hates all shias.
Saddam killed his own son in law for being a traitor..he was a sunni.
The hate can not just be blamed on sunni/wahabies but also the Kufaiite/shia who are just as extreme.

i ask again paa jee why did the saudi pigs took nawaz from pakistan.would u like to share that with all.

I remember Khomeini was under CIA protection living in france.I would also like to ask why was Khomeini licking american arse ... please do share.
Bro if you start insulting the saudis by calling them pigs do not be amazed when people start insulting the ayatollahs by calling them pigs.

did any of u shed tears like this when shias were being slaughterd by saddam or saudi and uae finnaced pakistani terrorist groups why most here would expect shias to be sad when this pig is hannged.

You have the mindset of sunni/shia confrontation.If you check it was iraq fighting iran not shia fighting sunni.After the iran "revolution" Khomeini tried spreading the "revolution" to pakistani shias.The pakistan government counted by taking out all the pro iranians that just happed to be shia.Anti shia sentiment only really started in pakistan after the overthrow of the shah when Khomeini thought he would convert the loyalty of pakistanis shias to iran .As far as i can remember the shah of iran helped pakistan against india the "islamic" government of iran has never helped us but been more pro indian.
The zionist media is going to make the shias think that they have been oppressed by the sunnis.The zionist media talks off the shia crescent that will dominate the muslim lands.They keep reminding the shias that all the oil is under the feet of shia people but the sunni leaders keep the wealth to themself.
This sooner or later is going to lead to conflict in islam between shai/sunni.Once the civil war has happened and the muslims are weak then the zionist will step in and take control.
As far as i can recall the islamic government of iran has never attacked isreal.The sunni arabs have fought isreal on a number of times.

paa jee how many shia families couldnt celebrate eid during when your nawaz was in power in pakistan.bu ho ho u cant celebrate eid.

If you do not like pakistan move to iran nobody is stopping you.Celebrate eid there but please do check out how the Kufa/shia treat sunnis in iran and compare to pakistan.

Greatest folly after the invasion

The way Saddam Hussein's vengeful execution took place yesterday, in less than a week after the handing down of his death sentence, was as unbecoming as his hurry-hurry trial. "We wanted him to be executed on a special day," the dawn of Eid-ul-Adha in Iraq, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's national security adviser Mouwaffaq al-Rubaie told state-run television. He added that "Saddam was treated with respect when he was alive and after his death." Last year video footage about the Americans' maltreatment of Saddam Hussein in prison -- in one clip the shirtless former president is washing his clothes -- had caused worldwide condemnation. Saddam Hussein even claimed during his trial that he had received a beating by Americans soldiers. As for respect for his body, a government colleague of Mr al-Rubaie exulted in a telephone interview with NBC: "This…is lying at my feet" -- using the s-o-b abuse for the corpse.

Mr al-Rubaie made another contestable statement: "Saddam's execution was one hundred per cent Iraqi and the American side did not interfere." However, it is an American judge who late Friday rejected a last-minute appeal by the lawyers of Saddam Hussein, who had been in US custody almost to the end. "Petitioner Hussein's application for immediate, temporary stay of execution is denied," the district judge said in Washington, after a hearing conducted over telephone from Baghdad. Television footage of the moments before a composed Saddam Hussein was led to the gallows shows prison staff in masks. The masks would leave room for argument that at least some of them were American. There is also the question of whether it should have been a public hanging.

But now that it's all over, the question arises whether the execution will have a positive effect on the Iraqi situation. Even President Bush, who insisted in reaction to the hanging that the former dictator "was executed after receiving a fair trial," admitted that "bringing Saddam Hussein to justice will not end the violence in Iraq." The rushing of more American soldiers to Kuwait, not to mention the high alert on which US troops have been put in Iraq, proves there is shrinking room for hope on this score. Mr Bush's understatement notwithstanding, Iraq appears to face a frightening prospect after the execution: the widening of the sectarian and ethnic divide in a country where ethnic-cleansing is so intense in many parts that the mayhem that took place in Yugoslavia pales in brutality. The Gulf region and Iraq's other neighbours like Syria would be fortunate if the sectarian strife did not spread there following the probable worsening of the Iraqi chaos. To return to the subject of the trial and execution being entirely an Iraqi affair, two coincidences are difficult to accept. The death sentence against Saddam Hussein had originally been handed down on Nov 5, two days before the US mid-term elections. That was put down to the Bush administration's effort to influence the elections. And he was sent to the gallows days before the convening of Congress on Jan 4.

No i did not and wont have shed the same sort of tears. Killing of traitors is justified. And Saddam was justified in killing Iraqi Shiites and kurds who were up in arms supported by US and Iran.

Let me also remind you that the bulk of Iraqi forces during the Iran Iraq war were shias who fought for Saddam. It was a bunch of them who sold their loyalties to Iran and US and deserved what was done to them

What has all of this got to do with Nawaz Sharif?

Back
Top Bottom