What's new

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein executed

You think people protesting for Saddam's execution is because they are infuriated a sunni is killed?

Iraq's occupied territory, 650,000 people are dead. On top of that we are just told that our ally the United States sides with a Shia group that inflames sectarianism...

The execution of Saddam, proves their inflammatory actions. Like it or not good nations make stands. We never supported the war in Iraq. How can we not object now? And btw, we are a nation that openly stands by Iran too. We have to stand by what is right in Iraq as well.

The Shia sectarianism and Sunni insurgencies are wrong. Neither would go away if the world doesn't object!

Well anybody who thinks whats happening in Iraq is a freedom fight has to be real nuts.

Its time for the shias to get revenge from their sunni bros,for all the blood that was spilled during Saddam's tenure.

The bombings have been prety much targetting each others sects.The ruling PM is suppose to be a vlose aid of Sadr and the mehdi army and he is not going to stop any SHia from getting a revenge.

The best thing that US can do now i ,withdraw and see the fun.

infect usa use this satuation to isolate iran in ME . cia already try to contact akhwan mulislimin extreme sunni group in syria to take over basher regime becase syria is sunni mojarty country .media reports show that hundreds of syrian comes on tomb of saddam every day. if they change syrain regime mean to paralise of hizbulla in this way thier illegal son is more safe. but on other hand if extrime sunni come in power in syria, they not stop thier the whole sunni ME go under them,they already announce thier futur is in khalafit which mean end of us roll in ME

Saddam execution video leads to arrests

By STEVEN R. HURST

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi authorities reported the arrests Wednesday of two guards and an official who supervised Saddam Hussein's hanging and said the guard force was infiltrated by outsiders who taunted the former leader and shot the video showing his body dangling at the end of a rope.

National Security Adviser Mowaffak al-Rubaie and two other top officials variously reported one to three men were being questioned in the investigation into who heckled Saddam as he was minutes from death and took cell phone pictures of his execution.

"The investigation has already had an arrest warrant against one person and two to follow," al-Rubaie told CNN. He said the guard force at the execution was infiltrated by an Arab television station or another outsider.

The clandestine footage appeared on Al-Jazeera television and Web sites just hours after Saddam was hanged Saturday. The tumultuous scenes quickly overshadowed an official execution video, which was mute and showed none of the uproar among those on the floor of the chamber below the gallows.

The unauthorized video, which ignited protests by Saddam's fellow Sunni Arabs in various Iraqi cities, threatens to turn the ousted dictator into a martyr. Saddam was shown never bowing his head as he faced death, and asking the hecklers if they were acting in a manly way.

A U.S. military spokesman, Maj. Gen. William B. Caldwell, said Saddam was dignified and courteous to his American jailers up to the moment he was handed over to the Iraqis outside the execution chamber. He said no Americans were present for the hanging.

Sami al-Askeri, a Shiite lawmaker who advises Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, said two "Justice Ministry guards were being questioned. The investigation committee is interrogating the men. If it is found that any official was involved, he will face legal measures."

A second key al-Maliki adviser, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information, said, "In the past few hours, the government has arrested the person who videotaped Saddam's execution. He was an official who supervised the execution and now he is under investigation."

Prosecutor Munqith al-Faroon, one of 14 official witnesses to the execution, told The Associated Press that he saw two government officials using camera phones at the hanging.

"I saw two of the government officials who were ... present during the execution taking all the video of the execution, using the lights that were there for the official taping of the execution," he said. "They used mobile phone cameras. I do not know their names, but I would remember their faces."

Caldwell said the tumultuous execution would have gone differently had the Americans been in charge.

As the storm over the handling of the hanging gained strength, Caldwell was among several U.S. officials who suggested displeasure with the conduct of the execution.

"If you are asking me: 'Would we have done things differently?' Yes, we would have. But that's not our decision. That's the government of Iraq's decision," the general said.

The Bush administration sent conflicting signals Wednesday about the taunting and baiting that accompanied Saddam's execution, with the White House declining to join criticism of the procedure and the State Department echoing the U.S. military's questions about it.

"The president is focused on the new way forward in Iraq so these issues are best addressed out of Iraq, out of Baghdad," deputy White House press secretary Scott Stanzel said. "Prime Minister Maliki's staff have already expressed their disappointment in the filmings, so I guess we'll leave it at that."

Stanzel said the U.S. military and the U.S. Embassy in Iraq had expressed concerns about the timing of the execution and about "the process and what took place."

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said U.S. officials had questioned holding the execution on a Muslim festival day, the opening of Eid al-Adha, and as well as some procedures.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Lou Fintor said Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad and his diplomatic team "did engage the government of Iraq on issues relating to procedures involved in the timing of the execution (of Saddam), given the upcoming holy days. While the government of Iraq gave consideration to U.S. concerns, all decisions made regarding the execution were Iraqi decisions based on their own considerations."

The second-guessing over the conduct of the execution came as Iraqi and Arab media and an Iraqi government official said preparations were under way to hang two of Saddam's co-defendants in the next few days but that the details still have to be worked out with the American military.

A Cabinet official, speaking anonymously because of the sensitivity of the information, said the two men would hang "at the beginning of next week."

Caldwell said those executions, like Saddam's, were the responsibility of the Iraqi government. "It's a sovereign nation. It's their system. They make those decisions."

Saddam's half brother Barzan Ibrahim, a former intelligence chief, and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court, were originally scheduled to hang with Saddam. But their execution was delayed until after Eid al-Adha, which ended Wednesday for Iraq's majority Shiites.

In Washington, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts denied a request by a lawyer for Bandar to block the U.S. military from transferring custody of the condemned man to Iraqi authorities.

U.N. human rights chief Louise Arbour appealed to Iraqi President Jalal Talabani to prevent the execution of Ibrahim and al-Bandar, saying she was concerned with "the fairness and impartiality" of their trials.

Saddam, Ibrahim and al-Bandar were sentenced to death for the 1982 killings of 148 Shiites in the town of Dujail, north of Baghdad, after a failed assassination plot against Saddam. They were convicted Nov. 5, and an appeals court upheld the verdict on Dec. 26.

Saddam was hanged in Baghdad's Shiite neighborhood of Kazamiyah. During his regime, Saddam had numerous dissidents and opponents executed in the facility, located in a neighborhood that is home to the capital's most important Shiite shrine — the Imam Kazim.

As he faced his own death on the gallows, Caldwell said, Saddam "was courteous, as he always had been, to his U.S. military police guards."

The spokesman said Saddam's demeanor changed "at the prison facility when the Iraqi guards were assuming control of him, but he was still dignified toward us.

"He spoke very well to our military police, as he always had. And when getting off there at the prison site, he said farewell to his interpreter.

"He thanked the military police squad, the lieutenant, the squad leader, the medical doctor we had present, and the colonel that was on site."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070103/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Pathetic... The entire world which includes even non-Muslim countries is blaming America for this and you guys are picking fights with each other flaming up the sectarian angle, Shia/Sunni fight.

That's what they wanted to do. That's why they shouted the pro-Shia slogans and thats why they leaked it, so today you all would do this. You guys can be played man, like they have a remote control to you folks.

Excellent Asim..... i totally agree with your point.
Divide and rule....chaos and order.

Was it not a bit obvious when they started shouting muqtada al sadar name the main shia cleric standing on the platform of for iraqi unity and to expell the american from iraq.
During the first attack on fallujah by the americans the mehdi army fought side by side with sunni/fallujah's.
On the first reports on television the translation was that after muqtada al sadar name was shouted saddams replied that "muqtadah was a real man".
Following reports only mentioned what was shouted by the "guards".
If there are any arab speakers on this forum could you check if the above statement is correct.

infect usa use this satuation to isolate iran in ME . cia already try to contact akhwan mulislimin extreme sunni group in syria to take over basher regime becase syria is sunni mojarty country .media reports show that hundreds of syrian comes on tomb of saddam every day. if they change syrain regime mean to paralise of hizbulla in this way thier illegal son is more safe. but on other hand if extrime sunni come in power in syria, they not stop thier the whole sunni ME go under them,they already announce thier futur is in khalafit which mean end of us roll in ME

I think you are madarsa eductaed buddy!

Yae Syria ko financially/ militarily support karnay kay paisay kon dega (Pro-Israeli Saudi's)? If Iran withdraws its support to the Basher regime?:lol: Syrians going for Islamic Khilafat?:lol:

You cracked me up!

REACTIONS

Teenager hangs herself over Saddam's execution
[ 4 Jan, 2007 1453hrs ISTAFP ]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ver_Saddams_execution/articleshow/1052172.cms

KOLKATA: A 15-year-old girl from Kharda district hanged herself in response to the execution of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein on Thursday.

"She said they had hanged a patriot. We didn't take her seriously when she told us that she wanted to feel the pain Saddam did during the execution," the girl's father, Manmohan Karmakar, said.

He said his daughter, Moon Moon, had become extremely depressed after watching Saddam's execution on television.

"She kept watching the scene over and again and didn't take food on Saturday and Sunday to protest the hanging," he said.

Police superintendent Pravin Kumar confirmed the suicide, saying the girl had strung herself up from a ceiling fan and was found dead early on Wednesday.
--------------------
This is so sad and it shows how people who are not relatives of Saddam are reacting to the unjust execution.

Earlier in Pakistani district Rahim Yarkhan an 8 year old boy hanged himself in reaction to Saddam's killing.

REACTIONS

Teenager hangs herself over Saddam's execution
[ 4 Jan, 2007 1453hrs ISTAFP ]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ver_Saddams_execution/articleshow/1052172.cms

KOLKATA: A 15-year-old girl from Kharda district hanged herself in response to the execution of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein on Thursday.

"She said they had hanged a patriot. We didn't take her seriously when she told us that she wanted to feel the pain Saddam did during the execution," the girl's father, Manmohan Karmakar, said.

He said his daughter, Moon Moon, had become extremely depressed after watching Saddam's execution on television.

"She kept watching the scene over and again and didn't take food on Saturday and Sunday to protest the hanging," he said.

Police superintendent Pravin Kumar confirmed the suicide, saying the girl had strung herself up from a ceiling fan and was found dead early on Wednesday.
--------------------
This is so sad and it shows how people who are not relatives of Saddam are reacting to the unjust execution.

Earlier in Pakistani district Rahim Yarkhan an 8 year old boy hanged himself in reaction to Saddam's killing.

15 years old are brainless.8 year old is no diffrent.or they were both touched by saddams generocity.
Give me a break.

AND MY FAVOURITE
Hanging 'makes martyr of Saddam':rofl:

Mubarak's comments reflect the feelings of many Sunni Muslims.
The circumstances of the hanging of Saddam Hussein have turned the former Iraqi leader into a martyr, Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak has said.
Mr Mubarak said the unofficial pictures that emerged of the event were revolting and barbaric.

The chaotic scenes at the execution, during which Saddam was taunted, have been condemned across the world.

Egypt is a key regional ally of the US and one of only two Arab states to have signed a peace deal with Israel.

No-one will ever forget the way in which Saddam was executed - they turned him into a martyr, and the problems in Iraq remained

Hosni Mubarak

Mr Mubarak also revealed that he had sent a message to US President George W Bush to urge him not to allow the execution to take place during the Eid al-Adha, the Islamic feast that marks the end of the Hajj.

US officials, including Mr Bush, have distanced themselves from the way in which the execution was carried out, but insisted that justice was served.

The Egyptian president's comments came in an interview with Israel's best-selling daily newspaper, Yediot Ahronot daily. They were also published by the official Egyptian news agency.

Holiday prayers

"People are executed all over the world, but what happened in Baghdad on the first day of Eid al-Adha was unthinkable. I didn't believe it was happening," he said.

Egypt was close to Iraq until the invasion of Kuwait in 1990

"Why did they have to hurry? Why hang him when people are reciting their holiday prayers? Then the pictures of the execution were revolting and barbaric.

"I am not saying whether Saddam did or did not deserve the death penalty. I am also not getting into the question of whether this court is lawful under occupation."

Relations between Egypt and Iraq were friendly until the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

Egypt participated militarily in the international coalition that drove Iraqi forces out of Kuwait.:D

Hosni Mubarak strongly advised the United States not to lead the invasion of Iraq in 2003 in which Saddam Hussein was overthrown.

no idea why when i edit it it post it at the same time leaving the unedited post up 2

Asim Aquil;42022]You think people protesting for Saddam's execution is because they are infuriated a sunni is killed?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm yes Iraq's occupied territory, 650,000 people are dead. On top of that we are just told that our ally the United States sides with a Shia group that inflames sectarianism...
All the wahabi controled countries have provided bases and logistical support to kill 650,000 Muslims in iraq.united states a MUslim ally :rofl: they are inflaming secretarian violence (divide and rule)and it isnt shias that came out and decleared if USA leaves iraq they will send in there Terrorist to protect there sunni brothers(BUt as long as americans and British are killing them it is acceptable) The execution of Saddam, proves their inflammatory actions. Like it or not good nations make stands. We never supported the war in Iraq. How can we not object now? And btw, we are a nation that openly stands by Iran too. We have to stand by what is right in Iraq as well.
saddam wasnt killed for the loves of shias by Americans he was killed he knew too much.The Shia sectarianism and Sunni insurgencies are wrong. Neither would go away if the world doesn't object
If the saudies are openely saying that they will do any thing to protect there sunni brothers only in iraq only After Americans leave.and west bend on destroying Muslims which world do u think will stop this.
ON this same topic after putting up eveidence some people still insist that iran started the war.u think they blind or cause of secretarian issue.look at palestine hammas elected by palestinians and fattah oppointed by israel and supported by all wahhabi states are fighting elected government for control.
yes with deeds like those i can see Muslim world becoming a power:wall: Lebanon government did absolutly nothing during the war to help its citizens.
but 1 dictator is killed God forbid heavens are falling he is a martyer
:lol:

Cheetah786 isnt shias that came out and decleared if USA leaves iraq they will send in there Terrorist to protect there sunni brothers

So what you saying is that it is okay for the shias with the backing of iran to kill sunnis but if the saudis help the sunnis its a crime.

Cheetah786 BUt as long as americans and British are killing them it is acceptable

Unlike the shias the sunnis are fighting the americans

Cheetah786 ON this same topic after putting up eveidence some people still insist that iran started the war.

Who said iran started the war......self delusion again.What you where told but failed to register was that saddam wanted peace in 1982 after starting the war,but iran carried the war on for another six years.

Cheetah786 but 1 dictator is killed God forbid heavens are falling he is a martyer

Let us guess if saddam had been a shia then he would have been a martyr

Would any person start dancing around the body of a dead person? sounds a bit sick but that what they did around saddams body.
I had to go and find in the iran press so Cheetah786 can not say it is a lie.
http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=228781&n=25

Iraq's National Security Advisor Mowaffaq al-Rubaie an interview on CNN.

He also explained why the executioners and Iraqi officials danced around Saddam's body after the hanging.

"This is the tradition of the Iraqis -- when they do something they dance around the body and they express their feelings," he said.

"What is wrong with that? If that upsets the feelings of some of the Arab nations and Arab rulers, I think: 'The best of luck to them'."

I have a few iraqi friends, when i asked them if this was there tradtion they where shocked and said that it was wrong and something they do not do.

- this was on Al-Sharqiya TV, "Al-Zubai" the biggest tribe in Dujail [remember the name?] came to Saddam’s grave and gave their condolences to Saddam’s family.

Sheikh Mahmoud said:

Many of the city’s residents wanted to testify on Dujail case at the court, but the government prevented them from doing so, pointing out that all those who were executed by Saddam where from the Shiite Dawa Party, and the Iranian intelligence.

Stressing that 4000 citizen from Dujail killed last year at the hands of the occupation and the government militias, the most recent was the killing of more than fifty citizens, and arrested seven others after the death of an American general in the city, at the hands of the resistance last July.

"What is wrong with that? If that upsets the feelings of some of the Arab nations and Arab rulers, I think: 'The best of luck to them'."

NEWSFLASH
Maliki’s adviser "Mariam Al-Rys" A woman who who is having an affair with iraq media net director "Habib Al-Sadr"t is the one who filmed saddams execution.

Cheetah786 isnt shias that came out and decleared if USA leaves iraq they will send in there Terrorist to protect there sunni brothers

So what you saying is that it is okay for the shias with the backing of iran to kill sunnis but if the saudis help the sunnis its a crime.
because you really have a reading and understanding problem.read it again where i have clearly said .it isnt shias.but u conveniently left that part out
Cheetah786 BUt as long as americans and British are killing them it is acceptable
Palestine.nigeria.afghanistan.somalia.checniya.(when are those going to get help from there brothers)
Unlike the shias the sunnis are fighting the americans
can u tell us from where the americans hve been bombing iraq from since 1990.can u tell me where there is a bse for the amsericans to kill muslims in middle east.can you tell me who is in washinton asking the americans to bomb iran before they have nuke if u cant i suggest stop embarssing your self Cheetah786 ON this same topic after putting up eveidence some people still insist that iran started the war.

Who said iran started the war......self delusion again.What you where told but failed to register was that saddam wanted peace in 1982 after starting the war,but iran carried the war on for another six years.
Again this is your words.1980 war started by saddam not iran.After starting the hostilities and thinking you can win but when u start losing ground u cannot expect to finish the war on your own turn.thats it i had enough please stop.(if thats the case as the americans if they had started iraq war.)
.1982 is when iranians have pushed him out of there country.

Cheetah786 but 1 dictator is killed God forbid heavens are falling he is a martyer
ok now u admit he started the war in 1980 how many innocent people died cause of that.but i guess innocnet people died .but becasue he wanted to stop the war dead people murder dosn't count no more and he is a martyr
Let us guess if saddam had been a shia then he would have been a martyr
If he was shia and a dictator who done what saddam did.i would have been saying the same thing iam not blind .if it quakes like duck and walks like a duck guess what its a duck.

and now let us guess if saddam was a shia. All the Arab world would have been doing the same what they are now.
.let me answer that one to u before zia pakistan had never seen the secretarian violence like That.he started with saudi money in pakistan.
i take it you are a Arab.
u want the pakistanies to support you in your time of need but when its the pakistanies need help you were quick enough to bring up the suez canal reason thats why Arabs were Against pakistan.
on the same subject .I no you will not answer this question conveniently .why Arabs treat pakistanies or indians BAD .And respect the westreners.

Multan - A young boy who tried to copy hanging scenes from the execution video of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein died in central Pakistan, said police on Monday.

Mubashar Ali, 9, hanged himself, while re-enacting Hussein's hanging with the help of elder sister, 10, after tying a rope to a ceiling fan and his neck in his home in Rahim Yar Khan district on Sunday, said a local police official.

The father of the deceased boy said that his children had been watching the video of Saddam Hussein's execution on television and attempted to imitate the hanging as other family members thought they were playing in another room.

"My wife and sister rushed to rescue Mubashar when children cried for help from the adjoining room, but he died due to hanging," said Alamgir Paracha, father of Mubashar.

Police said that the death was accidental and a case of parental negligence.

"It was an accident which happened due to carelessness of parents," said district police chief Sultan Ahmad.

Images of the fallen Iraqi dictator with a strap around his neck, surrounded by executioners in balaclavas, were repeatedly telecast by Pakistani television channels at the weekend.

Commentators and the media across Europe had expressed shock and unease on Sunday at graphic television pictures showing the last moments of Hussein just before his execution.

Another child dies imitating Saddam! :disagree:

US boy dies imitating Saddam hanging

WASHINGTON: A 10 year-old boy accidentally killed himself imitating Saddam Hussein’s hanging after watching the video clip on television, the Houston Chronicle reported on Thursday.

The boy tied a slipknot around his neck while on a bunk bed on New Year’s eve, the paper reported. The boy’s mother told police that he watched a report on Saddam’s death on the Spanish-language Telemundo news broadcast before the accident.

The boy was curious about Saddam, and asked an uncle who was taking care of him and other children about the execution, according to the Chronicle.

A while later one of the kids noticed the boy was missing, and the uncle found him dead in his room, according to the Chronicle.

In Pakistan, a nine year-old boy hanged himself from a ceiling fan on January 1 also trying to copy hanging scenes from Saddam’s execution video. The two-and-half minute film of Saddam’s execution taken shot on a mobile telephone camera has spread like wildfire on the Internet.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\01\06\story_6-1-2007_pg7_35

Back
Top Bottom