What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be done. Uses sounds not legitimate in Nagari. Try not to imitate @RazPaK and fall into his line of thinking.

Well then I think it is not going to make much headway if it involved learning an entire new script, especially when people have no economic incentive to learn that script.. That was my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indians pretend to be masters of Urdu, but wouldn't even be able to explain meanings of simple words such as gustakii, ya takaloof.

:lol:

That last word/expression made sense. That's progress. At least a smiley ahead of the game.

Yet to meet an Indian that can speak Urdu on the forum, however the neighborhood bhartee clowns are claiming it as their own.

Another marvelous night on PDF.

I am going to bed.

Well then I think it is not going to make much headway if it involved learning an entire new script, especially when people have no economic incentive to learn that script.. That was my point.

A brilliant point; no doubt about it. That is why we use Nagari for these communications in PDF, and you use it communicating with others at your place of work.

Yet, to meet an Indian that can speak Urdu on the forum and however the neighborhood bhartee clowns are claiming it as their own.

Another marvelous night on PDF.

I am going to bed.

Try not to conquer too many empires while you're asleep. Leave something for the next session.

A brilliant point; no doubt about it. That is why we use Nagari for these communications in PDF, and you use it communicating with others at your place of work.

Try not to conquer too many empires while you're asleep. Leave something for the next session.

Say it in Urdu and I may find it...amusing?

Getting rusty are we, Joey?

Loan-word

Where have I said otherwise?

However, my point is that these "Arabic" and "Turkish" loan words could not have come from the East, right?

Dear bright and shiny scholar, the basic grammatical structure defines language, not loan words. Is that too difficult to get your massive intellect around? Think English.

Say it in Urdu and I may find it...amusing?

I stick to languages that I have mastered.

Ever thought of leaving English and trying that?

Try to understand why I am saying - people learn devanagri because that is the script of the most widely used language in North india. And also the other scripts there derived from it. It is what newspapers, documents, signboards etc use. And people in south have their own scripts. Plus English serves as the link language. Each has a specific role and cater to a section of the population. While the nastaliq has no specific role. So people have no need or incentive to study one extra script that they probably are not going to use anywhere. And tying Urdu to nastalliq, is only hastening the demise of it.

:what: why should we impose a regional language on others. regional languages must be restricted to regions.

Urdu is our national language thats enough.

Urdu was born in occupied subcontinent that doesnt make it Indian :)

Urdu originated from the Khariboli dialect entirely native to India with the addition of Persian words, just like we are adding English words today.

I have even seen Pakistani singers using both Khariboli and Brajbhasha in Lyrics of Pakistani music.

Dear bright and shiny scholar, the basic grammatical structure defines language, not loan words. Is that too difficult to get your massive intellect around? Think English.

I stick to languages that I have mastered.

Ever thought of leaving English and trying that?

Lol. Joey, im going to bed now, but on a final note.

You are claiming that urdu and hindi grammar is similar, even though you cannot even read the script.

Hilarious.

Perhaps you meant the syntax is the same.

While you try to figure it out, I'm going to catch some zzzzzz's.

Try to understand why I am saying - people learn devanagri because that is the script of the most widely used language in North india. And also the other scripts there derived from it. It is what newspapers, documents, signboards etc use. And people in south have their own scripts. Plus English serves as the link language. Each has a specific role and cater to a section of the population. While the nastaliq has no specific role. So people have no need or incentive to study one extra script that they probably are not going to use anywhere. And tying Urdu to nastalliq, is only hastening the demise of it.

Try to understand what I am saying, and also do your homework, instead of shooting from the hip like our motor-mouth friend.

Urdu was very widely prevalent in the Roman script, and was known as Roman Urdu, for decades. The Roman (=Latin) alphabet supports all the consonantal sounds that Urdu has, Nagari does not. Nagari can be used to write Urdu, but not without distortions of the sort that our simple-minded friends have been laughing at.

It is quite shallow for one idiot to laugh at another making an idiot of himself, and there is no reason to add to that spectator sport by making an idiot of oneself in turn.

Lol. Joey, im going to bed now, but on a final note.

You are claiming that urdu and hindi grammar is similar, even though you cannot even read the script.

Hilarious.

Perhaps you meant the syntax is the same.

While you try to figure it out, I'm going to catch some zzzzzz's.

Yes, truly hilarious, that you have the cheek to join a discussion on language without knowing the difference between script and grammar.

I have said this before, and I say it again: there are few greater fools than a fool who thinks he is wise. Fortunately, I learnt years ago where my knowledge falls short; the humility of that understanding is a blessing.

Perhaps, when you grow up, you too may understand this.

Now fights on languages :omghaha:

h2D1E87B1

Pakistanis and Indians claiming Urdu as their own :confused:

gif-cat-box-fighting-606174.gif

Try to understand what I am saying, and also do your homework, instead of shooting from the hip like our motor-mouth friend.

Urdu was very widely prevalent in the Roman script, and was known as Roman Urdu, for decades. The Roman (=Latin) alphabet supports all the consonantal sounds that Urdu has, Nagari does not. Nagari can be used to write Urdu, but not without distortions of the sort that our simple-minded friends have been laughing at.

It is quite shallow for one idiot to laugh at another making an idiot of himself, and there is no reason to add to that spectator sport by making an idiot of oneself in turn.

Yes, truly hilarious, that you have the cheek to join a discussion on language without knowing the difference between script and grammar.

I have said this before, and I say it again: there are few greater fools than a fool who thinks he is wise. Fortunately, I learnt years ago where my knowledge falls short; the humility of that understanding is a blessing.

Perhaps, when you grow up, you too may understand this.

So if i present a document in Urdu can you translate it?

You know about the grammar more than myself. So let's have you decipher it.

Your roman urdu tirade severely handicapped your expertise on Urdu. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom