What's new

India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Test In August, Says DRDO

Kinetic details of agni and nirbhay?

Well even no body ask
DTK = Dhat Teri Ki

Have to combine all the info, future upgrade plans and write a short note on these two. Will do it by this week end mate.

Waiting for Nirbhay-II with range of >2000km like Tomahawk Block-IV.

Go India Go!!!!!

1000 km is not that long range. US, Russia and even Israel has cruise missiles with ranges upto 3000 km. I don't know about China but its possible they also have. Now achieving 1000km range at 0.8 mach speed is not difficult as you don't really need a special material to build airframe which you need in case of high speed missiles.
well the range of nirbhay is 1000km carrying a payload of 1tons and 2000 km with a lighter one..u know that the india's missile range is grossly under reported,so u can expect this missile to have a range of greater than 2000km

well the range of nirbhay is 1000km carrying a payload of 1tons and 2000 km with a lighter one..u know that the india's missile range is grossly under reported,so u can expect this missile to have a range of greater than 2000km

Buddy,SORRY to say but you are wrong.Nirbhay is a cruise missile and cruise missile don't usually have 1 ton payload capability!!
And to the range increase with a lighter payload part-that too is not correct for a cruise missile and even if the range increases that is so much insignifact that it's got no practical advantage.

I think we need big size brahmos double size. Might that have no high maneuverability like brahmos but long range or heavy bombs or both.

wrong thread ...............................................

No it won't...its just a subsonic missile which will loiter (this is something new). When we have already built the supersonic missile, its hardly a big deal. Agni 5 has a lot of significance. I doubt other than IAF any other service is gonna purchase it, unless its cost is very less.

Something we can actually use in a battle has far more significance than something that would never see daylight once inducted. Agni V is for deterrence and has little battle use.
How many ICBMs vs Cruise missiles have been fired in anger?

Buddy,SORRY to say but you are wrong.Nirbhay is a cruise missile and cruise missile don't usually have 1 ton payload capability!!
And to the range increase with a lighter payload part-that too is not correct for a cruise missile and even if the range increases that is so much insignifact that it's got no practical advantage.
thanks buddy,long ago i saw a video on youtube about nirbhay stating the above statics(which is not available now),jani na stea ki made by a fanboy or a person of knowledge..but nirbhay' range can be greater than 1000km as usually the indian missiles
rages r usually under reported

thanks buddy,long ago i saw a video on youtube about nirbhay stating the above statics(which is not available now),jani na stea ki made by a fanboy or a person of knowledge..but nirbhay' range can be greater than 1000km as usually the indian missiles
rages r usually under reported

Ek dom correct bhai.Nishchoy kono fanboyer kaj chilo.By the way,actual range beshi hote pare,but we will never gonna know that,atleast not now.So we have to go with 1000 km maximum range for now.

Excellent news! I'd keep my fingers crossed until we get the test done. After that it would take another 2-3 years before the tri-services get their hands on it.

DRDO seems to be improving. I hope they get financial incentives for this. :tup:. Government salaries for these smart scientists are really pathetic. They deserve at least 4 times more.

Something we can actually use in a battle has far more significance than something that would never see daylight once inducted. Agni V is for deterrence and has little battle use.
How many ICBMs vs Cruise missiles have been fired in anger?

Exactly same to my point of view.This Agni series of Ballistic missiles are great strategic weapons and play a significant role in ditterent posture.But they have 0 tactical value in a conventional war.Nukes don't held to win wars,the tactical conventional weapons and weapon platforms does.And that's why India has to give priority to conventional weapons and weapon platforms like Arjun MkII,LCA,MBRL,LCH,Rudra,M 46 howitzer upgradation,FICV,Shaurya,Prahaar,Akash SAM,Nag and Helina ATGMs etc.

Would there be any export potential for Nirbhay in the global market as a cheaper alternative
to US Tomahawk? I'd like to see Vietnam & Israel launching Nirbhays at their enemies, we should
secure a market in South America as well. We should make Brazil a potential buyer, theyre already looking at a military accord with India.

We're not a signatory to MTCR so we can export it crazily!

I cant wait for Indian brahmos 2, it will have a speed of mach 7!!!!

and range of nearly 400 KM, if sources are to be believed

India will build Brahmos II with experience gained in Brahmos JV

as it will be built without help of Russia, there wont be 300 KM limit

1000 km is not that long range. US, Russia and even Israel has cruise missiles with ranges upto 3000 km. I don't know about China but its possible they also have. Now achieving 1000km range at 0.8 mach speed is not difficult as you don't really need a special material to build airframe which you need in case of high speed missiles. For high speed missiles you also need powerful engine while we have a lot of engines available to power a subsonic missiles.
So yeah it will still be an achievement as its build by us and not in partnership and the fact that still not many countries have the capability to make a cruise missile but its not much as compared to Brahmos and especially A5 and SLBMs.

but for CM we need turbofan engine, which we didn't have

that's why we had to develop Laghushakti engine

and range of nearly 400 KM, if sources are to be believed

India will build Brahmos II with experience gained in Brahmos JV

as it will be built without help of Russia, there wont be 300 KM limit
Wow that's what I was talking about from day 1 :D do you have some kinda source or it's just internal news ???
If India go for Brahmos-2 on its own then,
1. the name won't be Brahmos
2. Range will be minimum 500km if not 1000km as Nirbhoy
3. It will be a hell out of news :D

Back
Top Bottom