What's new

India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Test In August, Says DRDO

Indian private sector giant Tata revealed recently that it was building the vehicle that will be the carrier/launcher for the Nirbhay system. The Nirbhay will be based on the "indigenous high mobility, all-terrain and all-wheel drive Tata LPTA 5252-12 X12 vehicle", developed in partnership with DRDO.
Looks like same TEL like that of Prahar missile.

1333446325.jpg

Guys what happened to this missile ???

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

So August it is. Just don't make it another Feb launch. Keep the time lines or don't announce them

after successful test of Nirbhay,it'll be again a crazy time for us in PDF...just like yesterday.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This"ll be a more significant than Agni 5 , if achieved.
No it won't...its just a subsonic missile which will loiter (this is something new). When we have already built the supersonic missile, its hardly a big deal. Agni 5 has a lot of significance. I doubt other than IAF any other service is gonna purchase it, unless its cost is very less.

I don't get your point ??? Care to explain please

India lacks a long range cruise missile.it'll give india a potent platform with loitering capability and a significantly increased payload..

didnt hear much about our SLBM programme this year....anyone has any update?

No it won't...its just a subsonic missile which will loiter (this is something new). When we have already built the supersonic missile, its hardly a big deal. Agni 5 has a lot of significance. I doubt other than IAF any other service is gonna purchase it, unless its cost is very less.

generally supersonic missile lacks range..most of the long range cruise missile is subsonic.but still,to destroy them is quite difficult.and Army will surely get this,as well as IAF.

India lacks a long range cruise missile.it'll give india a potent platform with loitering capability and a significantly increased payload..

Brahmos on Sukhoi gives it 1500+600 km range with supersonic speed. Am I wrong ?

Most of cruuise missiles are fired in night to avoid detection due to subsonic speed ........... Is it true ???

Brahmos on Sukhoi gives it 1500+600 km range with supersonic speed. Am I wrong ?

range of brahmos is 290 km.and Brahmos on Sukhoi and a missile with 1000km range is not a same thing.

Most of cruuise missiles are fired in night to avoid detection due to subsonic speed ........... Is it true ???

nope...and subsonic or not..they are still hard to detect and destroy,because their non-ballistic course and terrain hugging capability..

Back
Top Bottom