Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
Errol Spence on twitter is saying that the decision got overturned. So Vikas is out I guess, poor Sangwan he didn't get any justice :cry:

https://twitter.com/ErrolSpenceJr

AIBA overturns the result of Bout #142

Boxing matches are definitely rigged by the Brits. They are hoping for a good haul of gold from Boxing, so they they are trying to get rid of potential threats to their medals.

Americans obviously have a lot of influence and were able to get the decision overturned. To be fair Spence deserved it anyways, but so did Sangwan.

Boxing matches are definitely rigged by the Brits. They are hoping for a good haul of gold from Boxing, so they they are trying to get rid of potential threats to their medals.

Americans obviously have a lot of influence and were able to get the decision overturned. To be fair Spence deserved it anyways, but so did Sangwan.

Yes I agree, I have no issues with this one getting overturned, as Spence was the winner for me. But Sangwan was robbed. That decision should have been overturned too.

41950415.png

Boxing has become a joke, even after a win, a boxer cannot be sure that the decision is final or not, i m not saying that there cannot be errors on part of the judges but these high no. of mistakes is simply unacceptable at an event like Olympics. Yes the American was surely winning the bout, but what about Sangwan?? What's the guarantee that it will not happen to Indian bouts in days to come, b'coz India is not US which have so much influence in various sporting bodies. If any fraud happens with India than there is no way that the decision will be turned in India's favor (after an appeal) as can be seen by CWG bout of Vijender, Sangwan's match or Badminton non qualification of gutta-ashwini.

The amount of blunders and fraudulent decisions is ridiculous. We are just over a week into the Olympics with less than two weeks left to go. How many more can we expect?
London 2012 may very well be one of the worse ever Olympics.

The amount of blunders and fraudulent decisions is ridiculous. We are just over a week into the Olympics with less than two weeks left to go. How many more can we expect?

Surely London Olympics is one of the worst... Bejing Olympics were far better in terms of Preparations by host nation, judging, formats and diffinately it was the olympics where along with China other nations from Asia performed exceptionally well..

AIBA has been sleeping during the Sangwan match.....and they are saying about Vikash spitting his gum shield intentionally but it was out because of a heavy punch on his face.....

I agree the American boxers was the winner but rule should be same through out the competition.

Shagun is repeating Ronjan's story....missed 5 out of first 10 in 2nd round... :(
Now it is over.

She is last after 2nd round 40/50.....(scored only 17 this round)...Difficult if not impossible to qualify even if she makes 25/25 in the 3rd round. Some girls have to shoot really bad for that... :(

Gagan narang will do better.... He very aggresive.... After vijay got silver gagan will do anything to get gold.... He good at it. Just watch him how he brings gold. By the way when gagan narang event starting today? At what time?....

Honestly, London 2012 are the worst Olympics in recent times, It is not even 50% of what Beijing-2008 was, IMHO opening ceremony was a blunder & i seriously thought that Delhi-CWG opening ceremony was much better (in the limited money the organizers had) + judging errors + flag errors + security lapses etc. , i think that the western world should now agree to the fact that there dominance is getting eroded & any future Olympics should now be given to an Asian, Latin American or even African country.

whats the upcoming Indian event ??

ATHLETICS:
Men's 20km Race Walk (9:30pm IST)
Gurmeet Singh, Baljinder Singh and Irfan Kolothum Thodi.

Women's Discus - Final Krishna Poonia (12:00 am IST)

BADMINTON:
Women's Singles bronze medal match:
Saina Nehwal vs Xin Wang (China) (6:00pm IST)

BOXING:
Men's Light Fly 49kg (Rd of 16) (6:45pm IST)
Laishram Devendro Singh vs Serdamba Purevdorj (Mongolia)

Men's Light Welter 64kg (Rd of 16) (2:00am IST, Aug 5)
Manoj Kumar vs Thomas Stalker (Great Britain)

TENNIS
Mixed Doubles quarterfinals: Sania Mirza/Leander Paes vs Max Mirnyi vs Victoria Azarenka (Time yet to be declared)

Back
Top Bottom