What's new

Indian ‘Home-Grown’ AMCA, An Alternative To FGFA

LCA MK1 will not get FOC before 2016, hence induction next year would be too optimistic.

TRISHUL: Demanding The Impossible

That's not true, if recent reports are to be believed. It will receive IOC-2 in September this year, and FOC some time in December next year. That's what the latest reports said. Whether to believe them or not is another issue, of course.

Actually no, unmanned systems are not going to take over manned fighters quite so soon. If that were true, China and USA and Russia would not be working on next gen MANNED fighters. The US is already planning a 6th gen manned fighter, despite having the biggest number of unmanned combat aircrafts currently.

A10's still flying close support and 6th gen drones downed by iranian hacks. I highly doubt all combat will be taken over by unmanned combat systems in near future. In india's context futuristic unmanned combat planes are still quite far out.

That's not true, if recent reports are to be believed. It will receive IOC-2 in September this year, and FOC some time in December next year. That's what the latest reports said. Whether to believe them or not is another issue, of course.

Please read the article properly, the reports you read are comments by bureaucrats and ministers. There are some technical parameters which cannot be fast forwarded. FOC by December 2014 is IMPOSSIBLE.

How is a medium fighter going to be an alternate to a heavy fighter ??

AMCA will be a good addition to IN .So they should develope it as a carrier fighter.

There is no need for AMCA rather concentrate on FGFA and weapon systems for it. If we can get LCA MK2 ready by 2020 i dont see a need for AMCA as it is just a semi stealth fighter. LCA Mk2 + Rafale + Super SU 30 + FGFA will make one formidable air force. 4 fighters will make our air force diverse enough and AMCA doesn't fit anywhere in it.

That's a good sign, if you say so.... given that how often you are utterly wrong. :laugh:

Its been 11 years after US has F-22. And India still cannot build a proper 4th generation fighter. LCA is a good learning experience but its already outdated before induction. IAF should just induct a squadron of LCA and use it for parades, movies and shows to bring pride to the Indian people. But please, please, please do not use it for battles. Your pilots' life are valuable.

2030 is a realistic time frame for America to have a 6th gen fighter.

You tell me when will US have a 6th generation fighter. Be certain that I have not being told. As for AMCA, India should not worry about this plane. First, buy MRCA and get LCA ready. No need to worry about the future if you cannot take care of the present.

LCA is embarrassment to sex hungry Indians, who tried to kill LCA for sex and bribe (Upri Kamai). IAF deliberately sabotaged LCA project. The frequent change of requirements and unrealistic requirements are behind delay of LCA>

No matter Indian or Foreign product, There will be delay in India.. The delay is because of negotiation (Negotiation of commission and sex tourism package).
1. Scorpion deal: delayed by many years because of commission.. Since 2006 we are making Scorpion... Bravo..

No one count delay in MMRCA deal (almost 15-20 years )

you need a sex therapy..most of your sentences are related with sex..defense is hit by sex shock...

You tell me when will US have a 6th generation fighter. Be certain that I have not being told. As for AMCA, India should not worry about this plane. First, buy MRCA and get LCA ready. No need to worry about the future if you cannot take care of the present.

well boeing said it will introduce 6th gen by 2025, it will be like F-22 case (never participated in war which has many technical problems)

Its been 11 years after US has F-22. And India still cannot build a proper 4th generation fighter. LCA is a good learning experience but its already outdated before induction. IAF should just induct a squadron of LCA and use it for parades, movies and shows to bring pride to the Indian people. But please, please, please do not use it for battles. Your pilots' life are valuable.

The proof of good or bad lies in the speed with which china rolled back its "tent".

India defence has moved generations between 1999 (Kargil), when smart bombs and mirage-2k's and large force was needed to evict pakistani intruders.

The "tent" of 2013 moved in less than 3 weeks, without a single soldier being mobilized.

PRC's got dead scared with conventional weapons now .... and just the capability, not mobilization. Mind you. !

Back
Top Bottom