What's new

Indian arrested in Saudi Arabia for trying to cast a spell on boss

Besides being booked for petty criminal offences under IPC (usually for disturbing peace and instigating unruly behavior), show us where in our IPC does it specify that there would be a capital punishment for black magic, sorcery and such stupidity?

I am saying the Saudi situation -- and history of "witchcraft" -- may warrant such strong measures in their country. This guy's offense doesn't seem that bad, but the law may not be so fine grained.

Its not Koran u dud, its called Quran!!!

Dont try to be Gora

Its spelt both ways brother ! :)

I just like it as 'the Koran' with a 'K' ! :azn:

Either way its not an English word so there shouldn't be an issue of being a Gora or a Desi ! :blink:

Yes...I've heard about that - I dunno how authentic those narrations are though.

Where does the Koran say that 'You take someones life for that' ?

Well dont you believe in the Quran, now if you dont then it is your problem not ours. And if the Quran says that you dont partner with the devil, and practice this shirk. Then you dont. You know how many houses these black magicians ruin, how many people they effect. I will go with what the Quran tells me. And now if the Saudis have a rule that says dont do it, then dont do it.

Well, I am practicing Muslim...I do not like my religion to be tarnished by people who know nothing....While you do not even know the guys you support...
Same logic applies to Indians as we keep our nationality above our religion.
I mean some of you were even upset an Indian terrorist was caught and dissected! :unsure:

When did that happen ???

I suggest you read the article again.

The petitioner had approached the court last year urging it to direct the government to take steps to check witchcraft in Odisha

Superstitious people believe in witchcraft and witches.
They believe the "cure" for these witches is sorcery of their own, which involves torturing these women.
The petitioner wanted the court to make such sorcery illegal.

Intellectual dishonesty at it's maximum.

It has been clarified later in the article. The reporter chose faulty language to describe the case in order for headline to fit in space provided in print.

In the last one year, the government has neither introduced a bill nor taken any step to stop the practice, alleged the petitioner. Due to government's inaction, women across the state are tortured and brutally assaulted after being branded as witches, the petition added.

Well dont you believe in the Quran, now if you dont then it is your problem not ours. And if the Quran says that you dont partner with the devil, and practice this shirk. Then you dont. You know how many houses these black magicians ruin, how many people they effect. I will go with what the Quran tells me. And now if the Saudis have a rule that says dont do it, then dont do it.

Dude, I'm a Muslim ! :blink:

I do believe in the Koran as the Word of God ! But what I'm asking is that where does the Koran sanction such a 'capital punishment' for alleged act of Black Magic ?

Either way its not an English word so there shouldn't be an issue of being a Gora or a Desi ! :blink:

The real word for Quran in Arabic is Quran!
Its the missionaries who say Quran as Koran in an insulting way.

Their criteria of applying rules on diff people is diff. And I dont really understand the @mods here, why do they let these retards run their mouth about Islam with such liberty. And then they also whine and cry like little girls about not getting enough liberty here. Really pathetic behavior. Oh wait attacks coming. LOL

It is part of life, we know the playing field,
we play.

Last edited by a moderator:

It does make a lot of difference, just like Mekka and Mecca.

Word Mekka is mostly and almost all the time used in clubs, for some reason google dont show the meaning of it. But almost all the people I have asked have strong reservations about the word.

The real way to write the name of the city is Mecca.

So it does change the meaning of alot of things in Arabic the way they are written, and or pronounced.

The real word for Quran in Arabic is Quran!
Its the missionaries who say Quran as Koran in an insulting way.

The real word is in Arabic not in English so the question of it being Koran or Quran is irrelevant !

And no I did not say it in an insulting way ! I have in my possession an English translation of the Book by N.J.Dawood whose cover page says 'the Koran' !

Please don't make an issue out of something that isn't there.

I do believe in the Koran as the Word of God ! But what I'm asking is that where does the Koran sanction such a 'capital punishment' for alleged act of Black Magic ?

I will have to chk bro, I am not that well versed with all of it. May be @salman108 can help me out here.

This is what I have found for you so far.

It is transmitted that the Prophet said: The penalty specified for the magician is a strike with the sword. Tirmidhi

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “ The hadd (prescribed punishment) for the practitioner of magic is a blow with the sword (i.e., execution). (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1460; al-Daaraqutni, 3/114; al-Haakim, 4/360; al-Bayhaqi, 8/136; see al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, 3/641, No. 1446)

A man came to Madinah and said he can bring people back to life, so Umar dug a hole, buried the man and said let me see you bring yourself back to life

Last edited by a moderator:
It does make a lot of difference, just like Mekka and Mecca.

Word Mekka is mostly and almost all the time used in clubs, for some reason google dont show the meaning of it. But almost all the people I have asked have strong reservations about the word.

The real way to write the name of the city is Mecca.

So it does change the meaning of alot of things in Arabic the way they are written, and or pronounced.

Even with respect to Mecca - We've got Makkah & its other renditions !

Its not an issue !

As for the Koran : The Koran - N. J. Dawood - Google Books - I've got this in its hard cover copy - An absolutely beautiful rendition of the Book !

I don't think that either I or the author mean any disrespect when we call it as the Koran.

If you think otherwise than to you be your way...to me mine !

Back
Top Bottom