What's new

Indian arrested in Saudi Arabia for trying to cast a spell on boss

The news paper report was very vague and did not provide too many details. Can you throw more light on this incident ?

If the victim was a hindu (a reasonable assumption) and he might have imported a 'taweez' as a good luck charm to help me get rich, which is the only reason why Indians come to SA to work in spite of the 2nd class citenzensip they are subject to.

He would have admitted to it being a taweez in all innocence as its a good luck charm. Taweez, A Good Luck Charm Popular in India

Some of them come with instructions as to how to invoke the gods to bring about good luck.

What would be this mans fate ? .....you seem to suggest these operations are usually done to uncover other 'crimes' and the arrest for doing 'magic' would only be a eye wash. Is that what you are suggesting ?

e.g if the boss suspects that this guy was sleeping with his wife this would be a good way to get rid of him ?

Well, this what usually happens:

In every similar case like this, we receive a tip off from an individual waving his a red flag. As such we monitor the suspect for a few days ,and then we arrest them for a short period of time to finish the investigation. As soon as we arrest people like this guy we contact his embassy to notify them that we have got an issue with their citizen and he will remain in custody until the investigation is over. As soon as we notify his embassy, the City will appoint an attorney as well as an interpreter to make sure that everything is on the right track.

People who tip us off are often victims who might have been either scammed, sexually assaulted or whatever. In addition to that, When it comes to India which happens to have 4 RA&W officers (Supposedly an investigator will be among them) in KSA, one of these officers will be asked to come forward and talked to the defendant to make sure that he will be treated fairly.

Finally, if the defendant didn't plead guilty for any other charges aside from the so-called art of casting spell we will release him immediately and deport him to his own country. Our concern is based upon the fact that these people might have committed another crimes.

I'm glad to see more people openly admitting that this article seems to be a bit vague. With all seriousness, we don't execute folks who cast Granger's Petrificus Totalus.

On other note, 5 years ago we executed an Ethiopian Muslim who killed an India Hindus, the savage Ethiy thought he could get away with his crime because he killed an infield. If you take someone's life ,then we will take yours.

Well, this what usually happens:

In every similar case like this, we receive a tip off from an individual waving his a red flag. As such we monitor the suspect for a few days ,and then we arrest them for a short period of time to finish the investigation. As soon as we arrest people like this guy we contact his embassy to notify them that we have got an issue with their citizen and he will remain in custody until the investigation is over. As soon as we notify his embassy, the City will appoint an attorney as well as an interpreter to make sure that everything is on the right track.

People who tip us off are often victims who might have been either scammed, sexually assaulted or whatever. In addition to that, When it comes to India which happens to have 4 RA&W officers (Supposedly an investigator will be among them) in KSA, one of these officers will be asked to come forward and talked to the defendant to make sure that he will be treated fairly.

Finally, if the defendant didn't plead guilty for any other charges aside from the so-called art of casting spell we will release him immediately and deport him to his own country. Our concern is based upon the fact that these people might have committed another crimes.

I'm glad to see more people openly admitting that this article seems to be a bit vague. With all seriousness, we don't execute folks who cast Granger's Petrificus Totalus.

On other note, 5 years ago we executed an Ethiopian Muslim who killed an India Hindus, the savage Ethiy thought he could get away with his crime because he killed an infield. If you take someone's life ,then we will take yours.

Thank you for that mature reply even though you dint have too. :tup:

Of course the procedure you describe is by the book and I am sure in real life it is not so hunky dory for the arrested guy. Then again it never is anywhere in the world.

Deporting him and if you want more, to black listing is the right thing to do.........though I am confident Indian consulate will not do anything to help that poor guy. He would have to rely on Saudi good will.

Can you clarify this statement?

Its pretty straight forward, in cases of exclusive religions which says theirs is the only path to god ......... other religions that show a different path becomes 'dark magic' or idolators or a multitude of such names, and people practicing them become pagans or kafirs etc...

Inclusive religions are those who says paths of all religions lead to god. This is off topic and will certainly make the mods uncomfortable.

You need to understand that any Hindu holy charm is considered 'black magic' in Hardcore Islamic Saudi Arabia.

That guy must have admitted to it being a holy hindu charm that is used for good luck. In saudi arabia that means 'admitting to black magic'. One of the problems being a KAFIR in land of the pure.

No, you can practice whatever you wish as long as you don't cause a tangible harm to anyone. Moreover, there are as many Hindus, Sikhs, and Christians in KSA as any other country, we don't harass expats for fallowing an X or Y faith at all. As for the world KAFIR, you can also call a Saudi an infidel because he doesn't believe in Hinduism or the Christ as his saver.

though I am confident Indian consulate will not do anything to help that poor guy

How exactly sure are you? No, the Consulate has done a great job to its people.
Then why would he go there?

I'm a "kaffir" (atheist) myself and I know where I'm not wanted.

If he went there he should have known the law of the land and followed it. Otherwise don't go.

That's a very poor judgments. Who the hell are we to say to people you aren't allowed in our country? Any citizen from any nation -we recognized- on the plant can come here! And we most defiantly will defending your right to stay. Do you know how many Chinese do we have here? I bet you don't.

China is no cheap to us :china:
Arabs society is incompatible with modern civilization.

Hi there,

This is the second time I see you jumping into conclusion without questioning the issue thoroughly.

Firstly, KSA isn't an Arab country at all, we call it Arabian friend, and we are completely different from our neighbors if you ask me. Secondly, I would advice you to go through my own posts please. Thirdly, Thanks for calling us backwards, I honestly can't tell you how proud we really are. I take your word as a badge of honor, especially when it comes from someone who doesn't understand the full extent of the story, indeed your remarks suggest the other way around.

KSA is incredibly proud of its low crime rate, and WE ,ever our people's servants, will continue to protect them no matter how heavy the price would be.

Ok i may have exaggerated and i apologize,but really 'black magic'?Dude its just too farfetched to be treated seriously.

No, you can practice whatever you wish as long as you don't cause a tangible harm to anyone. Moreover, there are as many Hindus, Sikhs, and Christians in KSA as any other country, we don't harass expats for fallowing an X or Y faith at all. As for the world KAFIR, you can also call a Saudi an infidel because he doesn't believe in Hinduism or the Christ as his saver.

How exactly sure are you? No, the Consulate has done a great job to its people.

Limited practice of other faiths is certainly allowed and as long as that practice is within Saudi limits there would not be any harassment. But Saudi Arabia certainly does not allow for full practice of other faiths, but then again neither does china. Again it is off topic and not relevant here.

Hindusim is an inclusive religion and does not have an equivalent of Kafir/infidel or branding of people of other faiths. Most people of Abrahamic faiths do not understand this as they are never exposed to such a practice or philosophy.

It is one of the fundamental difference between Abrahamic religions and Dharmic religions. Again off topic but mention it only for your information as you sounded rational enough.

BTW I am pretty sure Indian consulates suck ...... but in their defense it is because they cater to such a large population with limited staff and money at their disposal. If anyone is to blame its the govt. of India.

Are you trying to say hindus do not believe in black magic because you would be lying sir. :coffee:

There is a difference.....we have moved on(once Hindus used to believe but now majority don't) but Muslims still live in 7th century and follow 1300 yr old barbaric sharia law

This whole "magic" issue and how many persons actually believe it, is shocking to me - it really is - I can't see how anyone can take it seriously.

They are medieval when they prosecute someone for breaking the law,

Hindu-stanis are not medieval for casting magic spells (amongst other things) !!

You cannot generalize a community as only an individual is guilty here
But the Saudi society(state) as a whole in believing in this magic crap and prosecuting the guy who ideally should be sent to a mental hospital

You cannot generalize a community as only an individual is guilty here
But the Saudi society(state) as a whole in believing in this magic crap and prosecuting the guy who ideally should be sent to a mental hospital

Did you even try to think this through before posting ?

There is a reason why the rest of your countrymen have stayed away from taking your line of thought.

Ok i may have exaggerated and i apologize,but really 'black magic'?Dude its just too farfetched to be treated seriously.
Apology accepted.

Again, the thing they call black magic and Holy Ghost art are no matter of our concerns than the crimes these individuals often hide under their skin.

the police should have treated him as dumb and stupid, not some 'criminal'

He surly was but what do you want me to do when we often reveal more crimes such as sexual harassment and extortion these loonies offen committed under the clothes of the art of witchcraft and wizardry :D

Apology accepted.

Again, the thing they call black magic and Holy Ghost art are no matter of our concerns than the crimes these individuals often hide under their skin.

He surly was but what do you want me to do when we often reveal more crimes such as sexual harassment and extortion these loonies offen committed under the clothes of the art of witchcraft and wizardry :D

Then you punish them for harassment and extorition, not witchcraft...you don't really believe that some joker chanting inanities to a doll will actually bring demons do you? If he does that, he's STUPID, if he harasses, he's a harasser...

Limited practice of other faiths is certainly allowed and as long as that practice is within Saudi limits there would not be any harassment. But Saudi Arabia certainly does not allow for full practice of other faiths, but then again neither does china. Again it is off topic and not relevant here.

Hindusim is an inclusive religion and does not have an equivalent of Kafir/infidel or branding of people of other faiths. Most people of Abrahamic faiths do not understand this as they are never exposed to such a practice or philosophy.

It is one of the fundamental difference between Abrahamic religions and Dharmic religions. Again off topic but mention it only for your information as you sounded rational enough.

BTW I am pretty sure Indian consulates suck ...... but in their defense it is because they cater to such a large population with limited staff and money at their disposal. If anyone is to blame its the govt. of India.

The point that I was trying to make about Hinduism doesn't necessarily dissect the ideology that it embodies, but rather if somebody was opposing your faith then it means he doesn't believe in it. Personally, I have done a humble reading regarding Hinduism and I have a fundamental respect for it.

How exactly sure are you about your Consulate? I believe that I have mentioned that Indian expats are the least among all to commit a crime, and every time we deal with the Indian government we see an immediate response and cooperation.

Then you punish them for harassment and extorition, not witchcraft...you don't really believe that some joker chanting inanities to a doll will actually bring demons do you? If he does that, he's STUPID, if he harasses, he's a harasser...

Which we are doing. We don't prosecute people for pointing Dumboledor's wond at people xD.

For the 87362474768624 times I said that we don't care about their magic tricks…

Back
Top Bottom