What's new

Indian arrested in Saudi Arabia for trying to cast a spell on boss

Canada has anti-witchcraft laws too:

365. Pretending to practise witchcraft, etc. | Criminal Code of Canada

365. Every one who fraudulently

(a) pretends to exercise or to use any kind of witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment or conjuration,

(b) undertakes, for a consideration, to tell fortunes, or

(c) pretends from his skill in or knowledge of an occult or crafty science to discover where or in what manner anything that is supposed to have been stolen or lost may be found,

is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Do people really believe in Magic Spells and Sorcery? Aren't we living in information age?

Then why should we need an Army & Weapons.........Simply destroy our enemies by Jaadu ---Tonna

Apparently India recently footed a bill on similar grounds:

State to push for anti-black magic bill - Times Of India

MUMBAI: Social justice minister Shivajirao Moghe has said that the state government will push for the passage of the much delayed anti-superstition and anti-black magic bill in the winter session of the state legislature.

The bill, referred to as the Maharashtra Eradication of Black Magic, Evil and Aghori Practices Bill, was first introduced in the legislature in 1995 and has been redrafted several times, but has still to become a law. Fearing curbs on certain religious practices, a section of elected representatives has been opposing the bill.

1. Its not about whether the state believs in Black magic, its ABOUT The individual public (the boss in case) who believes in it and the public (he) believes that the accused (Indian) is trying to harm him through unfair means whether black or white magic of whatever. The state has a law to deal with it.

I may believe that you may do black magic :lol: but it would be really silly for the state to take action on that belief.

2. In Indian public lynching case its NOT the first one of its kind. Your law failed to protect the people from lyunching.

Lynching, murders happen. States are not directly culpable unless they acquiesce in such actions. Really odd that a Pakistani in whose country thousands have been killed for holding a different belief should be talking about a case in India.

(a) pretends to exercise or to use any kind of witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment or conjuration,

(c) pretends from his skill in or knowledge of an occult or crafty science to discover where or in what manner anything that is supposed to have been stolen or lost may be found,

That's not really an anti-witchcraft law, more an anti- fraud law.

I may believe that you may do black magic :lol: but it would be really silly for the state to take action on that belief.

Lynching, murders happen. States are not directly culpable unless they acquiesce in such actions. Really odd that a Pakistani in whose country thousands have been killed for holding a different belief should be talking about a case in India.

That's not really an anti-witchcraft law, more an anti- fraud law.

:lol:

it says

Source: http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...-magic-winter-session-maharashtra-eradication

The issue is saudis are not that cunning to top the product aka law with fancy words like fraud ;)

The crime is often reported as Sorcery, as understood by the victim.

If a person does antar mantar chuu kalandar and blows some dust on some seedha saadha block and it has some adverse affect on him, the first thing he'd think is "Jaaadu!"

On the permission to do it - The state does not allow nutjobs to just be. If you're a nutjob, the state has every right to bring you in. Since you may be a danger to yourself or to society.

i agree if a person physically trues to do something to a victim (like putting some powder) he should be taken in. but in this case it seems like some papers written with something. this and voodoo does nothing to a victim for who it is intended. its the same thing as saying something nasty. it really doesnt impact anyone but only shoes the bitternes of the perpetrator.

1. Its not about whether the state believs in Black magic, its ABOUT The individual public (the boss in case) who believes in it and the public (he) believes that the accused (Indian) is trying to harm him through unfair means whether black or white magic of whatever. The state has a law to deal with it.

2. In Indian public lynching case its NOT the first one of its kind. Your law failed to protect the people from lyunching.

1. if i complain to the state about black magic and the state actaully responds then the state believes in black magic, which i find weird

2. the law comes into place after a crime is done. in this case arrests were made. what you are saying is that if a crime happens anywhere then its the fault of the state.. wah!

it seems weird that in these times also govts believe in this. Even if India has a law for this( i dont know if it does) I will say its stupid.

Apparently India recently footed a bill on similar grounds:

State to push for anti-black magic bill - Times Of India

MUMBAI: Social justice minister Shivajirao Moghe has said that the state government will push for the passage of the much delayed anti-superstition and anti-black magic bill in the winter session of the state legislature.

The bill, referred to as the Maharashtra Eradication of Black Magic, Evil and Aghori Practices Bill, was first introduced in the legislature in 1995 and has been redrafted several times, but has still to become a law. Fearing curbs on certain religious practices, a section of elected representatives has been opposing the bill.

i think this should not be there as long as it doesnt affect others physically or their properties.
if i sit at home and do open sesame, I dont affect others

I can't believe all these Indians are trying to defend a sorcerer. He cast a spell that made his bosses' peepee go away....now he must pay.

did his peepee go away ? like austin powers; mojo?

The key word is pretends to. The Saudis too should become cunning enough when the alternative is making a sorry spectacle of themselves.

:omgahaha: well look at the level of Indian State believes in Black Magic that stop this "crime" the Indian govt considered bringing a law against even mere intention ;)

what would have been for the practical?

You lost beans bangloray

Here is some pics of bhartis performing black magic:

blog1.jpg

Tantrik.jpg

images

Havan.jpg

:omgahaha: well look at the level of Indian State believes in Black Magic that stop this "crime" the Indian govt considered bringing a law against even mere intention ;)

what would have been for the practical?

You lost beans bangloray

Indian states, in this case Maharashtra look at laws to prevent the gullible from being taken for a ride by self appointed "magicians"/Witches/ Warlocks etc. The idea is to root our superstition as much as possible & to make it a criminal offense to be advertising one's services in these matters. It is aiming to push such charlatans out of the society. The Saudi case wasn't about advertising, it was about the fear of the man actually performing magic. Big difference.

i agree if a person physically trues to do something to a victim (like putting some powder) he should be taken in. but in this case it seems like some papers written with something. this and voodoo does nothing to a victim for who it is intended. its the same thing as saying something nasty. it really doesnt impact anyone but only shoes the bitternes of the perpetrator.
It shows mal-intent. If person A is trying to harm person B and has admitted to wanting and trying to do it, would you let person A go, just because he chooses a poor method to do so?

1. if i complain to the state about black magic and the state actaully responds then the state believes in black magic, which i find weird

The state has to ensure that something else is not at play and has to ensure that the person complaining is safe.

it seems weird that in these times also govts believe in this. Even if India has a law for this( i dont know if it does) I will say its stupid.

Having a law to deal with the attempt of black magic is not the same as believing in its efficacy.

Back
Top Bottom