What's new

India voices concerns over US drone sale to Pak

1. Yes, it is Pakistan's right to procure whatever they feel they need to augment their defense.
2. Yes, it is India's right to protest in the hope it can stall the procurement.

Both are right, so why fight?

Predators are definitely cutting edge force multipliers. India has to formulate a suitable response. The following video clip may give an idea of the dangers of employing the Predators in an environment fraught with high calibre enemy air assets like the Indo-Pak border.

A rather well phrased reply. India obtained nuclear sub, Pakistan protested and raised concerns over possible arms race in SA. The same stands true for India but in this case they make noises even about the little things.

NEW DELHI: Indian External Affairs Minister S M Krishna has reacted to a possible arms deal involving sale of US drones to Pakistan. Krishna has emphatically told America that an arms sale would create instability in the region adding that in the past, such weapons have always been used against India.

Hmmm... So this whole thing is based on a pakistani newspapers report on an unsubstantiated claim of 'reaction by Indian FM' . The report does not specify the source of these claims.
Also, There is no press release from either Indian government or US government on this matter. Wonder how did 'thenews.com.pk' make this report.

Indian External Affairs Minister S M Krishna has reacted to a possible arms deal involving sale of US drones to Pakistan. Krishna has emphatically told America
The report speaks as if America is 'one person'. :cheesy: Everything is very vague and no backup claims. There is no clear indication on what S.M. Krishna said and to whom and when he told it.
This is really pathetic quality of Pakistani news reporting. Low grade journalism :taz::yahoo::hitwall:
Even if this report is correct, I don't see anything wrong in it. Its no secret that India and Pakistan are not the best of buddies. Every country wants to keep its enemies weak. Denying the enemy weapons of any value is equivalent to acquiring weapons many times that value. The more the preparation done during peace time, that much less the effort required in war time. :victory:
It makes sense for India to keep Pakistan militarily weak as much as possible, with whatever means possible. Of course, Pakistan will also do the same to India wherever and whenever possible.

Last edited:
I do find it interesting that India took the time out to plead with the US against such a sale - does that indicate a change in the US position of not selling drones to Pakistan?
Regarding this - it appears that Krishna's pleadings were not specifically against the sale of drones, but rather against any arms sales period, at least in most news reports related to this issue, bar the Pakistani ones that quote him from a 'private TV channel'.

As such, without further verification of whether Krishan specifically addressed possible drone sales, nothing to be made of in terms of a possible change in US policy against selling Predator to Pakistan.

Pakistan is seeking Predator Drones from the United States saying they need the drones to fight militancy along the Afghan border. But, invariably the drones would be used along the Indian border both for spying and combat missions. As That is what has always happened . On what grounds can India Allow such a deadly weapon In The hands Of Pakistan?

oh... indian AWACS, Nuclear sub aircraft carriers agni 3 etc are only for defence day displays... am i right mate?

ur MKIs and nuke subs are for wat??????

WEAPONS ARE THERE TO BE USED....

why are u crying now huh.... man no matter what kind of arms deal goes along with Pak, Indians have to show CONCERN to hell with Indian concern, we will buy what ever necesssary to defend our selves..

Emo-Girl, dont be harsh on Indians please. They are buying these things to be installed in Children's Park. You shouldn't have thought that India would use them in the war against Paksitan. Tch! Such a bad thought you had! look at those Indians.. Awwww such a nice sweet little bittle muffin loving nation. :smitten:

Military equipments which India bought and are buying from US will be use again Pakistan sooner or later.
Pakistan should also make issue of Indians American arms deal.

well fair enough!!
both pakistan and india always there concerns on the defence deal of one and other! the only difference is that indian media is more vocal about there concerns and our media,,,,,,, , is also more vocal about there concerns again :hitwall: !!
i mean how many channels did gave a complete debate on indian defence deals and the imbalance of power they will creat?? there were so little if any!!but the out of indian concern on drone procurement by pakistan they made a big news out of it!
really sad,:disagree:
the Indian do know these propaganda tactics far better then we do and i say this as a complement to indian media, being vocal about your countries intrestes and crossing every limit to ensure is good in my eyes!!:agree:
i hoe you guys agree!

regards!

Military equipments which India bought and are buying from US will be use again Pakistan sooner or later.
Pakistan should also make issue of Indians American arms deal.

well this is the point,,
i mean rather then being concerned about what indina think aout our drone procurement what is more important is to tell the world what we thin about there military buidup. we must work to make the world realize that what problems such massive defence deal creat and how devastating the outcome can be!!

regards!

@arsalanaslam123,

Yes I agree with you. India has more channels, more viewership and more heads talking. We are 166 million and they are 1,166 Millions. If we want to be "equal" to them, we just need to be precise, to the point and need specific.

Our media has grown many times over the last 10 years but we are late to start as compared to India. I wouldn't say our media is doing a bad job but I must admit Media only "Sells" what people want to see. Like Beating Musharaf would be a fun to watch but considering International Policies, we have better issues to discuss. I only see Tallat Hussain and Sana Butcha who focus on important but less-popular issues ignored by the rest. We need to have many more people like them who are not journalist for the sake of love or hatred of the Government but who also think about the Country and People of the Country!

I wish Pakistan and Friend Nations like China, Iran, Turkey, Indonesia and Malaysia would have a joint Channel that would only focus on International and collaborative affairs. I would love to see something similar happening between Pakistan and China. After all we have so many common grounds and lets have combine opinion on the matters of Regional and International affairs. Such attempt will provide a much needed platform for the friendly nations to get further close to each other.

What if they are offered to India and they use it against Pakistan then all is well.
Is India afraid that Pakistan might use them against their friends in Balochistan.

I think this is topic itself is irrelevant. This is a reaction that india is expected to make if it feels that they can be used against india. So it is ridiculous to comment against india when it raises its protests since you guys already have history of opposing any military deal or raising concerns of our military procurment. wot goes around always comes around. Coz you will be wasting your time bilittiling india for raising concerns and we will be wasting our time. Coz we both are not going to stop rasiing our concerns ;)

Look who is talking.It is India who barks like Dog whenever we get any weapon even a single bullet.Not Pakistanis.

Regarding this - it appears that Krishna's pleadings were not specifically against the sale of drones, but rather against any arms sales period, at least in most news reports related to this issue, bar the Pakistani ones that quote him from a 'private TV channel'.

As such, without further verification of whether Krishan specifically addressed possible drone sales, nothing to be made of in terms of a possible change in US policy against selling Predator to Pakistan.

Here s what the Indian FM said.

'US drones sale a security risk'-India-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Agree with pmukherjee on this. Both India and Pakistan have the right to buy/develop whatever they want. However, both also have the right to protest over what ever the other side buys or plans/intends to buy.

Last edited:
so big baby again cring damn when indians behave like a man?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom